1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Building "Maggie"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Jetlander, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Jun 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    Jetlander

Jetlander [OP] Just trying to measure up...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    TKO Wheel w/ 35" BFG KM2, Volant CAI, Safari Snorkel, 3" lift, All-Pro Full Skid Underarmor, Chopped/Re-Routed FlowMaster Exhaust, CBI Moab 2.0 Front Bumper, DerpWerx High Clearance Rear Bumper, Rear Tire Swing Out, BAMF Sliders w/Kickouts, King Resi w/700# Coilovers on front, Total Chaos UCA's, King Long Travel with Resi's, Shock Hoops and King 2.5 Bump Stops, OME Dakar Leaf Springs mounted on All-Pro Shackle Flip w/ U-Bolt Flip, extended SS Brake Lines, DerpWerx Bedrack, 10# C02 Tank, Black Badges, Dual Optima Red Top's, Blue Sea 12 Fuse Block on custom Block mount, SuperWinch 9.5iSR Talon w/synthetic line, Prolink Thimble, 20" Rigid Dual Row LED Light Bar, Rigid Dually Floods, OTRATTW Switches, Cab Mount Chop, Cobra CB w/ 4' Firestik, Center Counsel Glock 23 mount (with plenty o' ammo!), Weathertechs, and plenty more mods to come!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I'm trying to rip of my fender!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Jun 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    Great pics man! Looks like you had a great time.

Swingout held up well with the big bumps? Nice work btw! :cheers:

3. Jun 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    Jetlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    TKO Wheel w/ 35" BFG KM2, Volant CAI, Safari Snorkel, 3" lift, All-Pro Full Skid Underarmor, Chopped/Re-Routed FlowMaster Exhaust, CBI Moab 2.0 Front Bumper, DerpWerx High Clearance Rear Bumper, Rear Tire Swing Out, BAMF Sliders w/Kickouts, King Resi w/700# Coilovers on front, Total Chaos UCA's, King Long Travel with Resi's, Shock Hoops and King 2.5 Bump Stops, OME Dakar Leaf Springs mounted on All-Pro Shackle Flip w/ U-Bolt Flip, extended SS Brake Lines, DerpWerx Bedrack, 10# C02 Tank, Black Badges, Dual Optima Red Top's, Blue Sea 12 Fuse Block on custom Block mount, SuperWinch 9.5iSR Talon w/synthetic line, Prolink Thimble, 20" Rigid Dual Row LED Light Bar, Rigid Dually Floods, OTRATTW Switches, Cab Mount Chop, Cobra CB w/ 4' Firestik, Center Counsel Glock 23 mount (with plenty o' ammo!), Weathertechs, and plenty more mods to come!
    Yeah, it was an awesome time. The swing out and bumper definitely were put through their paces.

4. Jun 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    Good deal! A few of those pics definitely show you taking full advantage of the higher clearance :p

I'm pumped to get mine, Kase is working on it now :thumbsup:

5. Jun 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    deadhed61

deadhed61 :notsure:

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Vehicle:
    The Black Pearl
    A little lift and a little armor
    I went through your whole thread trying to figure out how you fit 33's without cutting your fenders/flares and then I get to this on the last page. haha!

Good looking rig man! :thumbsup:

6. Jun 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    Jetlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Yeah, did a lot of trimming but no real removal. This will probably change in the future, as up until Moab I have been wheelin in Texas, and let's just say that Texas is child's play in comparison!

7. Jun 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    Jetlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
  8. Jun 8, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Have you been to k2, HF or Barnwell?

9. Jun 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    image_zpsd1600109_4db84c0df41a62372ba161118b180520d9c7a882.jpg

MattCowsmasher likes this.
  10. Jun 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    Jetlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Ha! Who said anything about being an expert. :notsure: Of one thing I can assure you of though, there is no wheelin in Texas that couldn't be surpassed by a bigger and better trail in Moab.

If you ever go there, you'll understand. Until then....:brianr:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  11. Jun 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
  12. Jun 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Considering TORR is an undeveloped subdivision and alto has 3 rocks, you haven't wheeled in Texas :notsure:

13. Jun 8, 2014 at 4:53 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Great pics and looks like a good trip and time!

14. Jun 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    Fireman

Fireman New Member

Member:
    Iowa Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    What, no pics of the cigar shop in Wichita Falls? Great pics. Looks like a large time was had by all!

15. Jun 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    Jetlander

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Ha! Glad to see you've come over to the Dark side. I still need to get over to your inter web stomping grounds.

16. Oct 6, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    ewbaltz

ewbaltz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    12 DcSb SR5 4X4
    Totally Stock
    well wow dude I was just admiring your build. I realize I'm a year or so too late when it comes to your questions regarding a CB,but as a long haul truck driver I feel I might be able to contribute some information regarding a CB choice but I'm sure you've already made a long time ago. I see you selected the Uniden its a solid brand and the model you have chosen is their entry level CB radio. However in the future should you decide to upgrade to a nicer CB you cannot go wrong with the Cobra 29 classic, also the Uniden PC 78 elite is a great radio as well it includes back-lit dials and display as well as built-in Weather Radio with alert and overall is a solid product. You couldn't go wrong with either one of these. I also feel it is worth mentioning whatever radio choice you eventually end up making you do your self a favor buy find your nearest truckstop it has a CB shop and take it in and get what they call a peak and tune. This will increase the signal quality as well as signal strength of your CB without a separately powered amplifier and you should be easily able to get out to around 4 to 5 miles.
    also antenna tuning is critical for this sort of thing.and since citizens band radio is sort of a lost art you're likely to only find these types of services near your local truck stop if you're lucky enough ,haha, to live near one.anyways dude, kick ass build. I admire your courage in being able to cut body panels like that. I would imagine mistakes can be costly. Take care Eric

17. Jan 28, 2017 at 3:44 AM
    Cdharris89

Cdharris89 Slave for the Money

Member:
    Gonzales, LA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 Tacoma 4x4
    CB Radio :p, Tinted Taillights, Custom hybrid front bumper SR8 Matte Gunmetal
    Damn. Lovin this build. Too bad a lot of pictures have expired in some way and you dont update anymore. Have a good one.

Products Discussed in

To Top