Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AgMechTacoma's Build

Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
AgMechTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
AgMechTacoma's Build

Hey Everyone I have a 2009 5-Lug 2WD Base Model. I have done a few mods to my truck, but I am kind of limited to a small budget because I'm trying to make it through college.

Mods to date:
-Fat Bob's Garage Leveling kit
-30x9.5xR15 BFG All-Terrains
-DIY Satoshi Grill
-Hella 500 driving lights
-BHLM
-Black Stock wheels
-Reclining Bench Seat Mod
-Black Badges
-Removed Secondary Filter & Intake Resonator
-Hard Wired GPS
-DIY Skid Plate
-Rear Differential Breather Mod
-Sylvania 894 reverse light mod

Old 01-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Reclining Bench Seat Mod

I did the Reclining Bench seat mod the other day, and it turned out great. I was sick and tired of driving around sitting at a 90 degree angle. After searching around for a while I found a solution. Now I have 4 different reclining positions.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #3

Horse Pasture Trip

Took a trip up to Horse Pasture road with a roommate last year. It's a cool place to ride around and do some mild wheeling. It has a creek crossing and some good hills I had to get a running start at to make it up. It's in Pickens, SC up around Lake Jocassee. It's really beautiful country up that way. I had a blast.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking build man!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Good looking build man!
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
4WheelSteel is on a distinguished road
Name: Jaime
4WheelSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Are you getting any struts bottoming out with that kit on it?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see a new 5 lugger! Welcome.

Real nice work on the truck, and nice working the ol' girl too.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelSteel View Post
Are you getting any struts bottoming out with that kit on it?
Yeah unfortunately the struts bottom out when the truck is flexed. If I have one side of the truck jacked up high enough to get the tires off it bottoms out. I guess that just means I cant jump it.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Good to see a new 5 lugger! Welcome.

Real nice work on the truck, and nice working the ol' girl too.
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #11

Took my lights off to do some rewiring and put in an oem switch. My truck looks naked

Old 01-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #12

Here's my skid plate I made out of an old stop sign I had laying around. Turned out pretty good, and it works for what I do.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #13

Just order the Sylvania 894 bulbs for my reverse lights. Looking forward to see the results.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Ah shit now. Get a retrofit.. I honestly think that's one of the top mods over everything. See mine in person and you'll want em
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Ah shit now. Get a retrofit.. I honestly think that's one of the top mods over everything. See mine in person and you'll want em
I got the 894's because they are 37.5 W each. I didn't want to overload the circuit, and with these it will already be double what the factory bulbs were pulling. I didn't really feel like putting in relays to handle the extra load. Plus they were cheap .
Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #17

Oh, my bad.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
Pushin' Thru Another Day
MikeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MikeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgMechTacoma View Post
I did the Reclining Bench seat mod the other day, and it turned out great. I was sick and tired of driving around sitting at a 90 degree angle. After searching around for a while I found a solution. Now I have 4 different reclining positions.

Hey brother how did you do this mod ? I'm dying to try it I can't stand it either after 4 years
Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #20

It's really easy to do. There are a couple write ups about it if you search around a little. Just take the screw out of the plastic cover on each side of the seat and pop them off. See how the metal tab on mine sits in that little notch. Basically all you have to do is cut the same size notch like you see in the picture above. Mine is about a 1/4 deep. Go slow and make sure the notch is the same on both sides of the seat. I used a dremel with a cutoff wheel. It took me like 5 minutes to do. I got 4 different reclining potions out of mine. It all depends on how deep you cut the notch. I wouldn't go too much further than what I did. You will be surprised how much the seat leans back with just that 1/4 in notch.