LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Current build and lot's of other stuff

Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
Dirty Pirate
RedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
RedNeck D's Tacoma Gallery
Current build and lot's of other stuff

First off my name came from my last car. I was not the typical owner of that caliber of car and the mods I had done were redneck-ish. Also a little personal history on myself before anyone thinks I came from money, I didn't. Everything I have I worked for.

My first car though was a '96 Chevy Lumina that was given to me by a neighbor. The car was well used with a blown head gasket. I set out walking to work every day for a year to get this car running. Saving every bit I could making a whooping $6.15/hr. I was proud of this car though as it was my first and I got it running.

While driving the Lumina a '86 Toyota MR2 caught my eye on autotrader. With a blown head gasket, go figure. All my friends said stay away, it's too much, it's garbage. I saw more and went after it and $650 later I bought it.

I quit my current job as assistant store manager at a CVS and got a new job as a porter at a collision center. This was almost nine years ago today. Saving yet again to get this new project running as I quickly fell out of love with the Lumina. I saved and searched for a new engine and found one local for $200. So began the project that to this day is still on going, I won't bore you with all of the build but here is a picture of it at it's best. Sadly it is sitting under my house right now and hasn't run or moved in three years. I will resurrect this project again one day. Working at the collision center helped me a lot and this is what got me into body work. I had never dreamed this would be my career.

While driving the MR2 I found a '01 PreRunner with a 3" body lift. I thought it was kewl. No diff lock no frills just a base extended cab. I loved that truck, just not how easy it got stuck.

Then came the bright Idea of a power inverter and Christmas lights, got a lot of looks from this.

I added a sub and head unit and drove it til I got stuck for the last time and said no more. Also it was needing new tires and the price of the 33's was a ton in my eyes. I did venture into the motorcycle world with a '02 Ninja 250. I do miss this bike and it's 80MPG. I learned a valuable lesson on this bike about respect after going down hard into a ditch.

After the wreck I repaired and painted the bike black metallic. I was back on it within a week despite being on crutches and in a boot. I sold it in the end to put more into the MR2.

As for the Tacoma's fate, it was traded in on a '05 Tahoe Z71 4X4.

I had a lot of fun in this truck and it was amazing for road trips since it was 3rd row/DVD equipped. Fold down the middle and go to sleep or watch movies. I added a intake, Corsa exhaust, sub and factory NAV. Then things started to go bad and the gas was eating me up haha.

While driving the Tahoe I had the itch to be back on two wheels again but this time on more of a cruiser. So like a dumbass I went out and bought a '12 Harley sportster forty-eight.

I added some pipes and yeah, it's loud and gets only 50miles til the fuel light comes on. It's fun to ride but a stupid purchase I'm stuck with now.

As for the Tahoe, this is how it sat before the spur of the moment trade in.

So one Saturday morning while waiting to be seated at IHOP and browsing autotrader my buddy tells me "why don't you look for M3's, you like those" So I did. Low and behold '08 E92 M3 just right down the road. I didn't think much of it at first as I liked the E46 series and didn't know much about the E92. I was heading out with him around 3PM and said screw it I want to look at it. Mistake? By 7:45pm the car was mine and the tahoe was no more.

I was amazed at everything about this car. I gutted the secondary cat's and modded the muffler to be straight through. The sounds the 4.0L V8 produced at 8k RPM was hypnotic and similar to a F1 car. Then I found a catless mid-pipe... This was fun, for a couple months. Then the novelty wore off and having to coast everywhere and not crest 3k RPM was too much. So I went back to the modded muffler setup. While having this car and finding out what 155mph felt like I found out about the Baja Tacoma and instantly fell in love with this truck. I researched it for two months weighing the pro's and con's and the pro's far out weighed the con's in comparison of the M and the truck. I misses having a truck too.

I talked with my group of friends and they were not amused and others I had spoke with about the change up considered it the worst down grade ever. Being the only one in Houston and white witch I wanted I left work to take a look at it. I drove it off the showroom floor and home at 11:45pm August 28th 2013.

I quickly found TacomaWorld and joined up to see what all more I could do to this thing. First mod was CB after finding the hidden CB install and the relentless fabrication antenna mount. So I picked up a fire-stick and fire-ring and went to work. Honestly have never used it

Then I went to audio and started looking into that. I picked up two sets of JL C3-650's, XD700/5 AMP, JL stealthbox with single 10" and a JL CleanSweep. I set to work with some 3/4" MDF and made my own mounts as well.

This install was very time consuming but sounds pretty good and loud. I'm not 100% satisfied with it and will be changing the head unit as I feel running off the factory radio is holding me back right now. The CleanSweep is a good product and it does convert high level to low but I don't feel it lives up to it's hype as a DSP. It'll do for now. Also the XD700/5's crossover I feel is inadequate in separating the signals properly between channels. This will be replaced with two AMP's.

Next came removal of the front sway bar...

It's a sway bar removal. Did you want pictures? Sorry.

Christmas time was upon us and since Toyota incorporated a power outlet into the bed I had to relive the Christmas lights again. Found out they didn't work when trying to drive with them. Thanks to TW I found the 400w anytime mod and solved that problem.

Next up was the 2wd diff lock mod. No pictures of this but I am glad I did it. So much fun at the beach with this.

I then found myself in the lighting section of the forums. I was looking at LED bars but to me the LED bar's don't fit the style of the truck so I figured why not build one. It's not amazing and some will like it, others may hate it. I like it a lot. I don't like that the cheap e-bay knock off HID ballast kept going out on me so I changed them all to sylvania 55W H3 incandescent bulbs and they work like a charm.

I really like factory fresh on everything I do so I looked into adding another fog light switch to control the roof light's. Since doing the diff lock mod I no longer needed my TCS button since engaging the locker kills TCS/ABS. So I pinned out the factory illumination wires for the switch and ran my relay wires.

The switch I got turned out to have a amber bulb in it but I like it this way.

Headlights

Headlights, Fog lights

Head lights, Fog lights, Roof lights

I will be playing with HID's in these again.

Next came the black rear bumper. I looked into buying one but didn't want to spend the $300+ on aftermarket/recon or the $$$ on OEM so I waited for one to come into the shop... Well that didn't take long.

Since the customer got a new OEM I snagged this from the scrap pile and went to work on metal finishing this.

All painted and put on and since I lost a mudflap in a hole I took them all off. Looks better IMO without them.

The hole that ate my hitch harness and mud flap

Couple other projects, I have a problem with starting projects before I finish one.

A gauge pod I made for my best friend out of his factory A pillar trim when he got his Evo X

'76 Ford Maverick I bought and in the process of "restoring" as a gift for my mom

TLDR? More to come later. . .
Old 01-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
JTW will become famous soon enough

Marines: 3RD BN 4TH MAR
Name: Josh
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!!!!! Good looking truck. I've always loved them bmw's too.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
And I thought I was addicted to cars, nice build!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
TWINSIES!
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #7
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
no baja action? no air time? no bent frame? you broja wrong.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Bayou is on a distinguished road
Bayou's Tacoma Gallery
That M3 was the tits!

Products Discussed in this Thread