How the truck sits now 1/17/2015:
Gave my dad power of attorney to do all the paperwork necessary to buy the truck since I was (still am) stationed in Germany. All the paperwork gets done and he brings the truck home, 2 days later my dad has a heart attack. I was planning on just having them ship the truck over to Germany through the Army and driving it for the first time over here. Since he had the heart attack I took emergency leave and was home within 18 hours. Got picked up at the airport by mom dropped off at my dads got in my truck and went straight to the hospital.
Next to my dads 2004 Tacoma
Up in the woods clearing my head.
Got some snow while I was home.
Made a trip over to West Virginia to visit with some family, had my mom in the truck who was flipping out about ice and snow. Dodged countless amounts of deer and got across the mountain into Virginia and hit an owl. A damn owl. WTF?? Cracked my grill and lost the Toyota emblem.
Washed and waxed the truck the night before I left since I wouldn't see it for awhile.
Left and headed back to Germany after the 1st of the year.
My dad debadged the truck and painted the wheels black for me.
Sent my dad some money to buy me a black diamond plate tool box from Lowes. He went and picked it up in his truck and put it on.
Was trying to get all the paperwork done to get the truck shipped to Germany through the Army. Decided I want some bass. Ordered a sub box from Subthump.com and sent my dad some money to buy a Kicker Solo Baric L-5 and 2000 watt MTX amp and had it installed by Crutchfield.
Truck arrived in Germany the last week of April, 1 day before I left for a 2 weeks combatives class on another base here in Germany.
Got back from my combatives class and took the truck to get inspected so I could get German plates and start driving it. It failed inspection the first time that's why the plates have red lettering on them in the pic above. They do some test to check the hand brake and for some reason the breaks weren't holding to their standards. Tried to have the local Toyota shop check it out and solve the problem under warranty but they wanted 200euro because cleaning the breaks isn't covered under the warranty.
Decided to do it myself and opened up the drum breaks in the drive way and sprayed each side down with a can of break cleaner.
Took the truck back for a 2nd inspection and it passed. WOOHOO! Saved me some money.
Did the BHLM.
Cut the antenna down to be flush with the roof line.
Ordered a Grillcraft BG series Grill had it sent to my dad first so he could take it locally to get powder coated, then he mailed it to me. Painted the radiator black so the silver wouldn't show through the grill. (no pics of the grill except for my account picture on here, and for some reason it won't let me save it to my computer to put on photobucket.)
Ordered LED bulbs for interior lights.
Sun Visor Lights (wifes Iphone):
BBQ we had at the lake, CPT I work with brought his Tacoma out to.
3" OME Lift and Light Racing UCA's came in the mail from Headstrongoffroad.com
Bought a set of tail lights that had the inside black instead of chrome because I'm anti chrome (chrome won't get you home!) Sprayed them with some VHT and called it a day.
Took some leave (the garage on post is always full on weekends) to put the lift on. Took two days because of some set backs. Installed it by myself with some help from the wife (along with some complaining). Took a week to find a place to get it aligned because a lot of German garages wouldn't touch it being lifted. Still running the stock rims and tires. Doesn't look as goofy as I expected it to look.
February 6th 2014
Got a break in the weather and I got off work early. UltraGauge came in the mail so plugged it in and mounted it below the climate controls in the little cubby.
Drilled some pilot holes and screw the Young Pup beer bottle opener into the side of the bed.
Installed my cb radio (cb antenna hood mount from relentlessfabrications.com)
Under hood led light kit from BeeRadd.
February 7th 2014
LED Bedrail light kit from member mattgecko installed.
February 27th 2014
Installed pop & lock PL5400, Redline Tuning QuickLift Hood Struts, fog light anytime mod, yellow wire mod, and finally got power to my cb radio.
Pop & Lock PL5400
Redline Tuning QuickLift Hood Struts
Antenna X 13" antenna
April 11th 2014
Tires came in at the post office.
April 19th 2014
Got my Wet Okoles put on and put the heating elements in I'll wire them up later. Also put the molle panels on the back of the seats and attached the shotgun scabbard. Still waiting on the rest of the molle gear to come in.
April 25th 2014
Took some neoprene from the extra piece I ordered from Wet Okole and made door handle covers and "oh shit" handle covers. Also covered the arm rest in the door to match.
May 1st 2014
Got around to wiring up the seat heaters I placed under the Wet Okole seat covers, still haven't wired them to power but all the wire is ran and the switches placed.
June 3rd 2014
Mounted the 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2s on SCS F-5s.
Parts that should be in the mail on the way:
- Roof Rack
- Tepui Tent's Kukenam Siberian Camo
- Hi-Lift Cast/Steel Jack
All of these parts from Relentless Fabrications when money permits
- Front Bumper
- Rear Bumper
- Sliders (haven't decided if I want weld on or bolt on)
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Fabricated Bed Rail Caps
- High Lift Jack Mount