1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eaglesfn5402's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by eaglesfn5402, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Jan 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    eaglesfn5402

eaglesfn5402 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    How the truck sits now 1/17/2015:
    [​IMG]

Gave my dad power of attorney to do all the paperwork necessary to buy the truck since I was (still am) stationed in Germany. All the paperwork gets done and he brings the truck home, 2 days later my dad has a heart attack. I was planning on just having them ship the truck over to Germany through the Army and driving it for the first time over here. Since he had the heart attack I took emergency leave and was home within 18 hours. Got picked up at the airport by mom dropped off at my dads got in my truck and went straight to the hospital.

December 2012

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Next to my dads 2004 Tacoma
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Up in the woods clearing my head.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Got some snow while I was home.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Made a trip over to West Virginia to visit with some family, had my mom in the truck who was flipping out about ice and snow. Dodged countless amounts of deer and got across the mountain into Virginia and hit an owl. A damn owl. WTF?? Cracked my grill and lost the Toyota emblem.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Washed and waxed the truck the night before I left since I wouldn't see it for awhile.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Left and headed back to Germany after the 1st of the year.

January 2013

My dad debadged the truck and painted the wheels black for me.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent my dad some money to buy me a black diamond plate tool box from Lowes. He went and picked it up in his truck and put it on.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

February 2013

Was trying to get all the paperwork done to get the truck shipped to Germany through the Army. Decided I want some bass. Ordered a sub box from Subthump.com and sent my dad some money to buy a Kicker Solo Baric L-5 and 2000 watt MTX amp and had it installed by Crutchfield.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

April 2013

Truck arrived in Germany the last week of April, 1 day before I left for a 2 weeks combatives class on another base here in Germany.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

May 2013

Got back from my combatives class and took the truck to get inspected so I could get German plates and start driving it. It failed inspection the first time that's why the plates have red lettering on them in the pic above. They do some test to check the hand brake and for some reason the breaks weren't holding to their standards. Tried to have the local Toyota shop check it out and solve the problem under warranty but they wanted 200euro because cleaning the breaks isn't covered under the warranty.

Decided to do it myself and opened up the drum breaks in the drive way and sprayed each side down with a can of break cleaner.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Took the truck back for a 2nd inspection and it passed. WOOHOO! Saved me some money.

Did the BHLM.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Cut the antenna down to be flush with the roof line.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

June 2013

Ordered a Grillcraft BG series Grill had it sent to my dad first so he could take it locally to get powder coated, then he mailed it to me. Painted the radiator black so the silver wouldn't show through the grill. (no pics of the grill except for my account picture on here, and for some reason it won't let me save it to my computer to put on photobucket.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ordered LED bulbs for interior lights.

Map lights:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Dome light:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sun Visor Lights (wifes Iphone):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BBQ we had at the lake, CPT I work with brought his Tacoma out to.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

July 2013

3" OME Lift and Light Racing UCA's came in the mail from Headstrongoffroad.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought a set of tail lights that had the inside black instead of chrome because I'm anti chrome (chrome won't get you home!) Sprayed them with some VHT and called it a day.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

January 2014

Took some leave (the garage on post is always full on weekends) to put the lift on. Took two days because of some set backs. Installed it by myself with some help from the wife (along with some complaining). Took a week to find a place to get it aligned because a lot of German garages wouldn't touch it being lifted. Still running the stock rims and tires. Doesn't look as goofy as I expected it to look.

[​IMG]

February 6th 2014

Got a break in the weather and I got off work early. UltraGauge came in the mail so plugged it in and mounted it below the climate controls in the little cubby.
    [​IMG]

Drilled some pilot holes and screw the Young Pup beer bottle opener into the side of the bed.
    [​IMG]

Installed my cb radio (cb antenna hood mount from relentlessfabrications.com)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under hood led light kit from BeeRadd.
    [​IMG]

February 7th 2014

LED Bedrail light kit from member mattgecko installed.

[​IMG]

February 27th 2014
    Installed pop & lock PL5400, Redline Tuning QuickLift Hood Struts, fog light anytime mod, yellow wire mod, and finally got power to my cb radio.

Pop & Lock PL5400
    [​IMG]

Redline Tuning QuickLift Hood Struts

[​IMG]

Antenna X 13" antenna
    [​IMG]

April 11th 2014
    Tires came in at the post office.
    [​IMG]

April 19th 2014
    Got my Wet Okoles put on and put the heating elements in I'll wire them up later. Also put the molle panels on the back of the seats and attached the shotgun scabbard. Still waiting on the rest of the molle gear to come in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

April 25th 2014
    Took some neoprene from the extra piece I ordered from Wet Okole and made door handle covers and "oh shit" handle covers. Also covered the arm rest in the door to match.
    [​IMG]

May 1st 2014
    Got around to wiring up the seat heaters I placed under the Wet Okole seat covers, still haven't wired them to power but all the wire is ran and the switches placed.
    [​IMG]

June 3rd 2014
    Mounted the 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2s on SCS F-5s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parts that should be in the mail on the way:

- Roof Rack

Future Parts:

- Tepui Tent's Kukenam Siberian Camo

- Hi-Lift Cast/Steel Jack

All of these parts from Relentless Fabrications when money permits

- Front Bumper

- Rear Bumper

- Sliders (haven't decided if I want weld on or bolt on)

- Tailgate Reinforcement

- Fabricated Bed Rail Caps

- High Lift Jack Mount

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Jan 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport
    pics no work

3. Jan 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    fixed

4. Jan 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    almostheaven

almostheaven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Staunton, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road SR5
    Looks great dude! Definitely digging the all black stealth look. Probably don't see many of those around Germany!

5. Jan 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    haven't seen an all black but we do have a fair share of military members driving Tacomas. not many lifted though either. sat down and did some math on the finances should be able to get the new rims and tires by the end of March, just in time for the SCS SR8s.

6. Jan 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    think I have narrowed down my search for wheels and tires to a T, gonna go with the SCS F-5's (if they get Matte Jet Black back in stock) with General Grabber AT-2s in either 285/75R16 ($663.04) or 295/75R16 ($749.32). Leaning more towards the 285s.

7. Feb 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    Added a cb radio, beer bottle opener (beersnap.com), ultragauge, and the under hood led light kit from member BeeRadd to the truck today. Edited my first post with pictures of the stuff.

8. Feb 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    VAYoder4167

VAYoder4167 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 04 toyota tacoma sr-5
    Magnaflow dual catback exhaust, 5100 bilsteins all around with 1" body lift and stock coils, 33" BF Goodrich sitting on a set of 15" Alloy Ion wheels
    What kind of cb radio I know it's a cobra but what series?

9. Feb 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    just a cobra 19 ultra III from walmart. my dad got it for me for Christmas because I thought I was gonna be stat side last month, but that changed. I think he said it was $35 at Walmart, then I ordered the firestik antenna, antenna coax, and stud mount off Amazon. The mount from relentless fab.

10. Feb 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    VAYoder4167

VAYoder4167 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 04 toyota tacoma sr-5
    Magnaflow dual catback exhaust, 5100 bilsteins all around with 1" body lift and stock coils, 33" BF Goodrich sitting on a set of 15" Alloy Ion wheels
    Ok thanks I think imma get one too and the truck looks awesome
    And post pics when you get the decals put on.

11. Feb 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    thanks, and will do as soon as they come in.

12. Feb 7, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    [​IMG]

LED bedrail light kit from member mattgecko installed.

13. Feb 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    Taylor

Taylor Check out NASA Spec3!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Vienna, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    NASA Spec3 RaceCar
    And I thought me trying to work on my truck while living on campus sucked...

14. Feb 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    I can't even change my oil in the parking lot. I have to go to the diy garage on post (which is where I put my lift and uca on) and pay $5 an hour to use the lift, or go the garage with mechanics where they charge $98 for an oil change (which will never happen ever). Like that on every post though can't change your oil, wash your truck, do hardly anything in government quarters. I'm surprised the MPs didn't stop and ask what I was doing the past two days, they drove by at least 15 times staring at me.

15. Feb 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    Taylor

Taylor Check out NASA Spec3!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Vienna, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    NASA Spec3 RaceCar
    Damn, that's rough. I can't imagine.

The worst for me is the fact that I'm parking over a mile away from my dorm, so it's a hike, and the only tools I have are what's in my toolbox. haha

16. Feb 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    yeah that sucks to have to walk a mile to get to your vehicle, but at least you have a lot of options to go to places for parts and tools. If the px doesn't have it I usually have to order it online or wire some money to my dad and see if he can get what I need then wait for it to come in the mail.

17. Feb 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    thank you, yeah my dad and I are very close. I text him constantly everyday even while stationed over here in Germany. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have half the stuff done that I have.

18. Feb 20, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    My dad sent out a package on the 14th containing my pop & lock and the bulbs to replace the reverse lights with. (had to send the pop & lock to him since they wouldn't ship to APO) Jumped on the group buy for the wet okoles and got the front seats done in Realtree AP with the free center conolse cover. The redlinetuning.com hood struts came in the mail yesterday along with the clamshell bushing from east coast gear supply. Waiting on the package from my dad that has a rivet gun in it to install the hood struts, and I also have to wait on the package from my dad to install the clamshell bushing in the front diff because harbor freight wouldn't ship me the race and driver set. Dad's pulling through and saving the day again! Also ordered 2 MOLLE seat-back panels from Blue Ridge Overland Gear to go on the back of the seats for storage. Thinking about doing a camelbak setup on the molle so I always have water and don't chance it by reaching for the wrong bottle and almost drink out of a spitter haha.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  19. Feb 22, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    haha haven't spit on the window rolled up, but have spit out the window and had it come back in on me. Think I would have rather spit on the window.

20. Feb 23, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    decided to go ahead and order both front and rear seat covers. picked out what I'm putting on the MOLLE panels: a shotgun scabbard for my pistol grip shotgun, a pistol holster for my s7w 9mm, 2 pistol magazine pouches, a 12 round shotgun round holder, a machete sheath, a camelbak on each seat, and a first aid kit to start off. After I get those in I'm considering adding a fire extinguisher pouch if room permits and more pouches to store stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top