LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

PhillyTacoma's Build Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
PhillyTacoma1230 is on a distinguished road
PhillyTacoma1230's Tacoma Gallery
PhillyTacoma's Build Thread

Hey everybody, just joined tacomaworld a little while ago but I've been lurking around for quite some time. Back in September of this year I purchased a 2012 TRD Sport DCLB with the entune package.

I don't have many pictures of the truck when I got her but I haven't done too many mods to her as of yet so it shouldn't look that much different. Bare with me as this is my first build thread ever. I've been on various car forums but never put together a build thread.

So here's a list of my mods:

265/60/r18 - Firestone Destination A/t (I picked a set of four up off craigslist for $250.00 to get me through this winter. They've been holding up well.)

Kobalt Slimline Toolbox (Black)

2012 Santoshi Raptor Style Grill

Weathertech Floormats

Flowmaster 40 Muffler - Dual exhaust tip

TRD Outdoor Edition Bedside Decals - Purchased from RuggedT

As of Feb. 6th 2014 :

Bed lights added
CB Radio Installed
(pics below)

Future Mods:

Full 3 Inch OME lift.

32 inch tires

Led under the hood strip light

Led In lower bumper valence 30 inch from okleds.com

Oem Bed Mat

Led Bed lights

Redline Racing hood struts

Here are the pics of how she sits currently:
Attached Thumbnails
PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0597.jpg   PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0592.jpg   PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0585.jpg   PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0583.jpg   PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0591.jpg  

PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0636.jpg   PhillyTacoma's Build Thread-img_0670.jpg  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Those came out NICE! Glad I finally got to see a set installed
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
bugeye1257 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
bugeye1257's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Where in Philadelphia are you?

I am right outside in Bucks.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Those came out NICE! Glad I finally got to see a set installed
Thanks Rugged. They definitely look awesome. Can't say enough about your quality of work. Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye1257 View Post
Looks good! Where in Philadelphia are you?

I am right outside in Bucks.
I'm in the delco area. Just south of Philadelphia. Chadds Ford area.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
Update:

I got around to installing my Bed lights this past weekend. I purchased an 18ft roll of 5050 leds off of Amazon with a waterproof toggle switch. I pulled power from the tail lights and ran the leds around the bed under the bedrails. The toggle switch is mounted in the bed by the passenger side tail light. I'll see if I can snag a picture of it and post it up here. I like the way they turned out. They light up the entire bed easily. Thanks to TRD Toy 85 for the advice on pulling power from the tail lights.

I also got around to installing my cb radio. I pulled power straight from the battery with an in-line fuse. I then ran the wires through the firewall in the engine bay.... to my center console. I mount the CB radio in the center console right next to the shifter. I used a dremel to cut out the plastic and a razor blade to cut the rubber so that it would fit around my CB. I then ran the coax under the passenger seat and out the rubber grommet below the passenger seat.... I strapped it with wire ties to the frame and ran it up between the cab and the bed. I used an L-bracket to mount my antenna and coax to my toolbox. Then I grounded my antenna mount to the frame by following the coax from my antenna mount all the way down to the frame. I like the way it looks. Hopefully once I get it tuned by zopperman this weekend I'll be able to judge the performance and find out if I need to use a different mounting location.

Products Discussed in this Thread