Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The KS Mall Crawler Build w/ some offroad

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
The KS Mall Crawler Build w/ some offroad

Hey ALL!

Joined the TW family officially on 1/29/2014.

This is my first truck and my first brand new vehicle. Let me say i love it already! getting a job out of college made this possible.

Anyways thought i would start a build thread since i will be doing more so

Also any ks/mo peeps maybe we can get together for a meet sometime

Mods:

Exterior:
D2S Retrofits w/ BHLM
Color matched grill

Electronics:
Ultragauge

Armor:
BAMF sliders (order placed)

Other:
Mud flaps removed
Rear diff breather
Oil catch can
Rear shackle receiver
Debadged

Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
This thread is teh ghey.
i hate you haha jk
Old 01-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Subd, cuz we have the same truck. You think your just adding a some small mods now, but this place is addicting.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Subd, cuz we have the same truck. You think your just adding a some small mods now, but this place is addicting.
i already want more stuff but all i can do is till i have the money.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #7

The Tacoooooo Libre Build

Got my ultragauge installed. I put it on the steering column. I know most second gens don't buy the only thing it blocks is my odometer which I only check for estimating gas mileage. Didnt have to take off any plastic or anything to feed the wires under the column which was nice. Just wish the mount was a little more horizontal but i can see it perfectly still.

Edit: this didnt work out as well as I thought. The steering wheel hits it, so I'm going to try to move it. Already got the sticky mount off.

The KS Mall Crawler Build w/ some offroad-imageuploadedbytapatalk1391213889.396455.jpg
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #8

Update: moved the ultragauge so it only blocks the left turn signal, cruise, and headlight indicators. It's attached to the speedo bezel and steering column with a small piece under the right side of the bracket.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #9

Hit 1000 miles on my way home and my retrofits got here!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
How good are your tires? In the 30 and under BS thread you're saying you want to get sliders. I'd get tires that could get me to a place that I'd need sliders before I bought sliders. Just my $.02.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
How good are your tires? In the 30 and under BS thread you're saying you want to get sliders. I'd get tires that could get me to a place that I'd need sliders before I bought sliders. Just my $.02.
Just stock tires. I think they will do for a while since there are trails for stock trucks where I will go. But I also want sliders for ding protection also.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #12

Finally warm enough day to put on a sticker in remembrance of a college friend who passed last year.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #13

Ordered a shackle receiver and pin lock from amazon today in hopes to do some wheeling here in a couple weeks. figured id try the locking pin below also

shackle receiver

locking pin
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #14

also decided to order

superwhite paint for the grill due to this writeup and this oil catch can

along with a fumoto valve also when it comes for oil change time.

almost wanted to order BAMF sliders since they were the deal of the day but decided to wait some time before making that big of a purchase
Old 02-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
White double cab what?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
White double cab what?
Offroad! Just hasn't been yet
Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #19

Installed the catch can today at 1561 miles. So it should keep the engine clean throughout its entire life. Made a small bracket out of 22 gauge sheet metal so I could use factory holes. Not the best but I will probably redo it eventually.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #20

The Tacoooooo Libre Build

Nothing major but I started my new job today and when I got home my shackle receiver with lock was here so they got put on.

Edit: forgot I also got my fumoto valve for oil changes. This way ill never have to mess with taking the bolt out or it getting stripped somehow.

I also checked my catch can since it has been on 100 miles already. Lets just say it is nasty. Definitely some fuel, oil and water vapor. My hand even smells like the mix but I didn't get any on me.

Products Discussed in this Thread