Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pistol Pete's OkSt Edition Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
Go Pokes!
Pistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Pistol Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Pistol Pete's OkSt Edition Build

Hey guys, thanks for taking a look at my build. Would also like to thank everyone for the great advice and all the awesome vendors I've dealt with so far.

As it sets today

IMG_6632_3_4_tonemapped by OKST Pistol Pete, on Flickr

I purchased my 2010 DBSB May 7, 1013 with 43,045 miles. It already had leather seat covers, aftermarket radio, and remote start. Here is what it looked like

First was add an Ultragauge and hose clamp the tailgate

Next was de-chrome by removing the bull bar, side steps, plastidip emblems and wheels

Later added black sport bedside decals

I then picked up a set of DigiFit Weathertech floor liners

My next addition was black headlights and some yellow fogs along with the fogs on with parking lights mod

I loved the look of black sport wheels, but the plastidip was starting to peal a bit. The result was picking up a set of SCS Stealth 6 wheels and mounting them on my stock Dunlops.

Replaced the black sport decals and then it became the Oklahoma State Edition thanks to SteelCityAirman7’s custom vinyl.

Added extra D-rings in the bed

Picked up an Advantage TorzaTop and factory bed mat

Finally got rid of the stock Dunlops and went up a size with BFG Rugged Terrains in 265/70/17

Added amber Lamin-x fog covers since the yellow bulbs didn't even last a year.

Next on the list was a Homertaco Raptor Grill

Painted behind the grill and added an OkSt front plate since I already had the holes on the bumper. I think it goes with the fogs quite well.

Changed up my TRD decals again seen above.
Bed Lights and hood lights from tacodane

IMG_5186 by OKST Pistol Pete, on Flickr

Pop and Lock PL5400 and O-State Licence Plate installed most recently.

My next mods on my list are black tail lights, sliders, and hood struts.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Pistol Pete. Nice choice in wheels.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
swalters is on a distinguished road

Name: Samantha
swalters's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. I love yellow fogs!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
Go Pokes!
Pistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalters View Post
Looks good man. I love yellow fogs!
Thanks, I used Nokya H10 Headlight Bulbs - Hyper Yellow 2500K 45W. I think when these burn out I'm going to get the amber Lamin-x covers and go back to the stock bulb.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Go Pokes!

So...I shouldn't have mentioned the nokiya's going out because one did last week. I just put the stock bulbs back in and installed the amber Lamin-x fog covers. I like the change up.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #8
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Beast, having met Craig in person, you bet you've got a quality grill there man. looks good!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #9
BUILT NOT BOUGHT.
RadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud of

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
So...I shouldn't have mentioned the nokiya's going out because one did last week. I just put the stock bulbs back in and installed the amber Lamin-x fog covers. I like the change up.

Looking good!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
Go Pokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Beast, having met Craig in person, you bet you've got a quality grill there man. looks good!
Awesome! Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTaco914 View Post
Looking good!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice truck. Great color. The SCS rims look awesome. Looking forward to a pic with the new grill.
Thanks, the wait is finally over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Awesome! I can't wait to see it on the truck.
Here it is Vin! Great match with your wheels

Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #14
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Great truck! Nice to see another Okie!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #15
Dusty taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Elijah
Dusty taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good, inspired some ideas. Thanks
Old 03-05-2014, 04:51 AM   #16
Mops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mop
Mops's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job! Very clean build.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #17
Go Pokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
that's how I feel. Great job!
Thanks Vin! That is exactly how I feel too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODYMARY View Post
Great truck! Nice to see another Okie!
And in Tulsa too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty taco View Post
Lookin good, inspired some ideas. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops View Post
Nice job! Very clean build.
Thanks guys
Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #18
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing. Love those wheels.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #19
Mops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shedMops is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mop
Mops's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered those wheels last week. What are your thoughts on them?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
Nick
Nick17 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Nick17's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck. Do you have any night shots with the orange fog lights?

Products Discussed in this Thread