Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MTopp's: My first truck build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
MTopp's: My first truck build

So the Tacoma is my first vehicle in the long road of life: Its a 2005 SR5 4x4
Comparison Pic:

How it is now/cool pics:

How I got it:

Then I had it for a lil while and bought stuff to make it "different":

Then I painted my rims cause the old ones were very ugly:

Then I added some Depo black bezel headlights+plastidipped the grill:

Colormatched 2011 grill with grille lights:

At night:

Ultragauge:

Bed mat and extra d-rings:

Secondary Fuse Block(Blue Sea Systems):

LED Swaps: first 2 green LEDs thanks to Fiend13

LED in door lock mod:

LED backup lights: (only used in dark areas/when needed- not to blind others lol)

Reverse hot wire I tapped(used a spdt switch with common outgoing pole to relay):

They're bright! Definitely help:

CBI ditch light brackets and LEDs from amazon:

Blue underglow:

Got my AALs from wheelers and this\/:

Lift is on! Bilstein 5100s all around, at 1.75 in front and Wheelers progressive aal in rear(took about 10 hours total-hand tools+rust) :
First Day: Rear Lift

Had help from my friend, couldn't have done it without him
Second Day: Front Lift

And that's all I have picture wise for now, will add more continually

Mod list:
Lighting:
--Depo black bezel headlights
--Depo black bezel LED taillights
--interior LEDs + glove box/center console
--grille LEDs and VLED parking LEDs(194 bulb)
--Reverse/rear anytime LEDs
--CBI ditch light brackets and LEDs from amazon
--blue led strips underglow from eBay (supernight brand)
--tail LED strip(brake, turn, running light)
--Soon to add: DTRLs/turn signals, under hood lights

Interior:
--LEDs from superbrightleds.com/oznium.com
--soon to have footwell lights
--weathertech floor liners (used and group buy)
--AUX input mod for stock stereo
--LED dome and map lights
--Ultragauge
--maglite
--switch panel in little driverside compartment

Exterior:
--EGR in-channel window visors
--Had a bug guard and bullbar(removed)
--Extang trifold tonneau cover
--painted rims black
--color matched 2011 grille and rear bumper
--extra d-rings and bed mat from tractor supply

Suspension/performance:
--Bilstein 5100s at 1.75" wheelers 3 leaf progressive aal in the back
--Rear diff breather mod
--MB352 16" wheels with Cooper AT3s 265/75r16
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're doing your suspension, buy a pitman/tie rod puller like this one
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/a...=pitman+puller
Made it much much easier to separate the ball joint from spindle
Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: The 1st Jon and only Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Subb'd here! I'm liking the black wheels when I got my new ones I told them black only
Old 02-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Don't Do Meth
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
I'm kinda diggin the silver center caps. Looks good! Nice truck.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Hope to entertain more with random cheap add-ons here and there,
Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what size tire are you running? and cheap add-ons ftw!

You can throw a link to your build if you want also.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Your first vehicle--cool! It's been almost twenty years since I last drove my first vehicle--a manual, '85 Isuzu Trooper 4x4, and I still sometimes dream that I'm driving it.

Keep up the cool mods--but save money for stuff like school!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #7

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy schmidt View Post
what size tire are you running? and cheap add-ons ftw!

You can throw a link to your build if you want also.
I have 245s on now, but when I get new tires, they'll be 265s, throw a link where?
Old 02-22-2014, 05:02 AM   #8

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Your first vehicle--cool! It's been almost twenty years since I last drove my first vehicle--a manual, '85 Isuzu Trooper 4x4, and I still sometimes dream that I'm driving it.

Keep up the cool mods--but save money for stuff like school!
Nice, those little Isuzu's look like fun, someone aty work has one and likes it. I make sure to put away some money for school and some for truck haha
Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
I have 245s on now, but when I get new tires, they'll be 265s, throw a link where?
265s are very similar to mine. And in your SIG under your picture like mine
Old 02-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #10

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy schmidt View Post
265s are very similar to mine. And in your SIG under your picture like mine
Oh, ok, thought you were getting at that, do it on the computer l8er
Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #11

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the first part of my lift! Bilstein 5100 shocks for all 4 corners
Old 03-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #12

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
On a non truck related note, I had my Eagle ceremony today and it went great! Going through boyscouts has been a good time and I learned a lot from it.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
Don't Do Meth
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered the first part of my lift! Bilstein 5100 shocks for all 4 corners
Nice! New wheels/tires as well?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #14

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Nice! New wheels/tires as well?
Not sure on that yet, will probably just run what I have now for a while then get new tires and maybe wheels if I can get a good deal on some, the ones I have are alright though
Old 03-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Not sure on that yet, will probably just run what I have now for a while then get new tires and maybe wheels if I can get a good deal on some, the ones I have are alright though
Yeah I wouldn't stress the wheels with them being black they go pretty good with your truck.

Congrates with the eagle scout! With the eagle scout you have to do a big project right? My contrustion class we have built tons of girlscout ones.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #16

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, only if I have a major problem like you had with your old wheels/rims, would I replace. Typically, yeah, you have to get a certain amount of badges for things like first aid, camping, outdoor skills, and real life skills, and also then do a project to benefit others. Mine wasn't that great, but it was all that was available in my town and I wasn't waiting. Made 13 three foot flower boxes that were stained green and white molding put on front. Put boxes in front of my town hall, total about 104 hours between me and the people who helped me(other scouts, family, friends)
Old 03-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Yeah, only if I have a major problem like you had with your old wheels/rims, would I replace. Typically, yeah, you have to get a certain amount of badges for things like first aid, camping, outdoor skills, and real life skills, and also then do a project to benefit others. Mine wasn't that great, but it was all that was available in my town and I wasn't waiting. Made 13 three foot flower boxes that were stained green and white molding put on front. Put boxes in front of my town hall, total about 104 hours between me and the people who helped me(other scouts, family, friends)
Shoot my rims lasted 15 years so you shouldn't have problems for along while! 104 hours is a good bit of time to use and whatever the project is people will appreciate it

On a side note whens the lift coming in?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #18

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I haven't really kept track of the tracking for my 5100s, but thank god i ordered when I did, they're on national back order now! Crazy man..but I also just ordered 1/4" top plate spacers from headstrong off-road with a discount goin on this week. Next is to buy a 1.5" aal and some other parts that should be replaced
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Well, I haven't really kept track of the tracking for my 5100s, but thank god i ordered when I did, they're on national back order now! Crazy man..but I also just ordered 1/4" top plate spacers from headstrong off-road with a discount goin on this week. Next is to buy a 1.5" aal and some other parts that should be replaced
Nice! I love being able to beat backorder I want an aal for heavy loads and lift but that'll be on a hold through this move. Do you have a shop to throw the mods on?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #20

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Could always get an airbag type thing to put on leaf springs or helper springs. My shop is my driveway or possibly tight garage space if I clear one side out, or my friends driveway. Should be easy though as long as I oil bolts well before so they come off easier

Products Discussed in this Thread