-Front sway bar deleted
-Rear diff breather Relocated
-ImMrYo mirror relocation bracket

Armour

-Cruisin Off Road Sliders

Wheels and tires

-265/75R16 BFG AT KO E on Stock rock rashed tacoma rims

The Start
Hey guys Finally got my hands on a truck I've wanted for a very long time!!! Picked up my 09 Tacoma AC, 2.7 5spd on tuesday, and was instantly over going fast in cars its been 2 years since my 88 4Runner was killed and I've secretly wanted to get back into a Toyota ever since !!!!

Background:

As I mentioned a couple years ago I got my hands on a rust free 88 4Runner SR5 V6 auto, I found the truck sitting in some guys driveway after he had pulled it out of a 10 year slumber!!!, Truck was in amazing shape and came with a Rancho 9000 lift installed, buddy couldn't afford the fuel on her so I told him I'd trade my 91 CRX for the truck plus some cash on top on his end, unfortunately our time was cut short as I was rear ended 3 months later, the car slid under and impacted the frame and twisted it up the truck was basically undriveable and my insurance company wouldn't pay to fix the truck so i fought them till they gave me a big fat check, unfortunately I couldn't find another toy so I bought another crx cause they're awesome

pics

88 4Runner SR5

My current DD/auto x CRX

lately the crx has just been showing its age, the most frustrating part is soo many parts are either no long available or just discontinued from Honda and after market manufacturers, so I decided to get something I've wanted and put the car away for awhile

Here it is my 2009 Tacoma fresh off the lot

MONEY SHOT

I can't say enough about how much I'm enjoying the truck although I'm gonna have to make it louder its weird not being able to hear the engine or exhaust but then again I've never owned a vehicle this new before!!! I also can't say enough about what a valuable resource this website has been every spare moment for the last couple days I've been on here reading and learning as much as possible about my new truck I really can't wait to start making this one my own!! actually I kinda already started !!!

My CRX had a sirius car kit installed so I transferred that over to the truck cause I can't go back to top 30 and commercials !!!

The truck came with a Kenwood head unit so I just went ahead with the hardwire and routing of cables

Popped the climate control out

ditched the clock and the radio bezel

So what I did is solder two wires to the end of the cigarette lighter portion of the power cable and tie those into the 12v ignition wire of the radio harness adapter, as well as the ground

Tucked everything away nice and neat and mounted the sirius unit to the passenger side vent temporarily until the bracket I ordered arrives, once that happens I'll clean up the wires and tuck them, but this does the job till then

For the antenna I ran it through the glove box seam, then behind the glove box(where I strapped up the extra cable in a figure 8), into the passenger side kick panel, along the threshold, into the rear door seal, up there and out the top, with the antenna on the roof just past the rain gutter(clean the antenna area first so that no grit/dirt/anything gets trapped under and wrecks the paint)

Right now I'm waiting on some speaker adapters so I can install my JL audio 6.5" speakers, in the front and rear doors, as well as a retro tailgate decal kit. I plan to debadge the shiny decals on the tailgate and go with the retro Toyota across the back with 4wheel dirve in the bottom right corner !!!

also I'm gonna ditch the huge hard tonneau, as well as the stock wheels and tires at some point in the near future, the tires are brand new so I'll use them for commuting and toss on the other set when I wanna go have fun, maybe lol see how long that lasts anyways, I can't promise quick updates but I'll throw up whatever I do to the truck as well as all the adventures I hope to have in the coming months and hopefully years!!!!

thanks for reading comments suggestions always welcome !!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
TYetti is on a distinguished road

Name: Mat
TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Had a few things come in the other day, I finally got the chance to install them on the truck

First off was a bracket I ordered for my Sirius radio, I had previously mounted it using vent clips but you couldn't see the screen from the drivers seat and I didn't like the way the wires were so with the bracket I cleaned everything up

Bracketron MVA

Mounted to the radio dock no problem

Final product

I'm pretty tall so it being a little further away isn't an issue for me and the new angle is nice for reducing glare, although window tint will also help in that department. I also like it a little lower and not front and center on the dash!!!

I also picked up some speaker adapters they're shit I should have bought the tacotunes ones, but only being 25 bucks for 4 with the harness adapters doesn't hurt the wallet much, I'm gonna return them and do it right !!!

I also had to replace one headlight bulb which kinda sucked after having the truck for only a week!!!

I'm pretty happy with these they're great on the rural roads really light things up!!!

That's all for now still researching and coming up with a plan so for now its just little projects
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #3

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
just a quick note on those speaker adapters bough a couple weeks ago which turned out not to fit. Well turns out there was an error on the company's website which allowed me to order 4 rear door adapters, anyways they actually called me up and got me the right parts, so the speaker upgrade shall commence in the near future.

onto more important stuff. So I finally had the time to take my taco out on its first ever off road "adventure" went to a place called lost forest, Mainly forest service roads, however there are a lot of off shoot trails that leads to many places. I didn't get too brave as I had just the basics and didn't have anyone else with me, didn't want to get into a bad situation. Still had fun got the truck dirty and its honorary BC Pin Stripes which buffed out lol

Pics
Went down one of the trails finally came to a spot wide enough to get out of the truck and look around which meant picture time

got to a point where the whole road was flooded away so I had to turn around best shot I could muster, those logs were super slippery kept sliding closer to the bushes luckily no touches though!!!

There was a road here

time for a pic then

that's all I got my copilot was to busy looking around rather than doing her job of taking pics but all in all it was a good couple hours in the rain and I'd never been to this area so it was mainly just some recon
Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #4

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
so I turned my tonneau into some plastic maple syrup smelling rectangles, So more goodies shall be ordered

topless
Old 04-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday funday

Got my windows tinted Saturday nothing crazy just your standard 20% on the rear ac doors and cab window, definitley liking the look better helps a lot with douchy hid deflection at night too!!!

So early this morning headed out to Chilliwack and spent the day wondering around the MT. Chem forest service area lots of little offshoots along with current and old logging sites along with some great views

The first road we went up I had to turn around 3/4 of the way cause we hit snow and guys on quads were all stuck so I figured I'd quit while I was ahead no pics of that part I really need tires dunflops suck!!!

Nice view point

Some snow evidence Lol another 2 min up the road it was all snow too busy driving to take pics

More views

Give that ditch a truck

Ditches love trucks

That's all for now!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #6

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
knocked another small item off the list today, installed my ImMrYo mirror relocation bracket. Best thing I've done so far!!! I must say I didn't notice how much the mirror was in the way at first, but after a couple days and being 6'3" the thing was directly in my line of sight at all times its especially annoying off road but that's all in the the past now

before

after

the bracket really is awesome looks like an oem piece !!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #7

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
So I got kidnapped by some jeeps and ended up hooking up with the 4wd association of BC, we got to work cleaning up a local area called the lost forest!! Actually got some wheeling done not just fsr roads this weekend!!! We made our way to stave lake cleaned unloaded then headed back up to the still frozen upper lake, and finally the trail back required us to head down a runoff creek bed which was interesting in the still stock taco she got her done though epic day!!!

We started with the lake side trail as it was a disaster, we filled my truck and a trailer full with garbage and shells, damn shooters here don't clean up their shit !!!

the road in was fun!!

Then I trail deleted a mudflap

The two guys I was with took the hardline I opted out and good thing tree stumps bit the Nissan, my taco wouldn't have survived

Then we stopped for lunch

After lunch we headed up the upper lake which most believed my taco wouldn't make it but but I had faith and she performed flawlessly

At the top still winter

The hill we came up what you can't see is the rock face that drops 5ft which coming down was a 2 wheel adventure going up was much easier looking back

Then in the water crossing is deleted another mudflap on a log

I had a great day and now we're sitting in the pub with a few cold ones as I write this the best part was no body damage was done to the taco everyone was shocked but sliders are a definite as a couple times pooed a bit on some obstacles but all in all had a blast !!!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #8

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
So I trimmed and reinstalled my mud flaps, not really sure how I feel about it the drivers side flap got pretty beat up and i fully expect it to talk off again I just think it looks more complete this way, both sides are missing a couple of the snap in clips so I'll have to pick up a couple from Toyota tmrw

Here they are nothing exciting

Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #9

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
BC Toyota 4WD Hale Creek Run

This past Sunday I headed out for a coffee meet and fire with our local Toyota group. Newer club but quickly becoming very popular, great group of guys I had a lot of fun. I'd just like to thank the groups I was with for putting up with my slowness on the trails. The run down to Hale has two line the hard line and the easy 4 of us chose the "easy" with 3 of us new to tho area, the only issue was the easy line is now fairly washed out and badly rutted well because most go that way with stock or lightly moded trucks got down to the lake and the shelter/fire pit which is maintained by the BC four wheel drive association great place on the shores of Harrison lake I think there was around 35 trucks in all some minor carnage and one second gen runner popped a head gasket but other than that awesome fun !!!!

Pics

Just after our arrival

Almost alone on the beach alone

A wild dodge appeared

These photos were taken by another member wicked little session right out beside the creek that feeds the lake

There's that wild dodge again

We told him if he got stuck he'd have to endure the shame of being rescued by my 4cyl Lol

This was the group in left with we took the "hard" line out which actually wasn't that hard just more rocks and a tricky berm section that the lodge had issues cause of his size which meant in had to wiggle my way around him so he could have more back up room but all in all an awesome day wish a go pro needs to happen in the near future!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #10

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Been a bit since I've had a chance to update but 70hr work weeks have kept me busy anyways let's go back to the may long weekend son douchebag high school kids had their grad party in west Harrison a popular spot for wheelers and Honda civics apparently. Anyways after the weekend was over these kids left all their mess on the beach at 10 mile bay.

I found out Thursday last week and bombed up there since its only an hour away from my house and took out a load and spread the word to the four wheel drive association of BC!, we got word out to the media and organized a clean up for Sunday of last week, we didn't want enthusiasts to be blamed for stupid people

Here's some shots from the clean up day

Took about 4 hrs and we filled up 6 or 7 trucks including the trailer!!! I took off to hale creek for the rest of the day and kissed my front bumper on a stump little hammer massage and you can't even tell!!!

Here she is getting all cleaned up after some very dirty days on the trail

Side note I ordered a set of sliders from a local guy now comes the hardest part waiting
Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Cool truck! My mom has a '12 Tacoma AC 2.7, not a popular truck. Most opt for the 4.0. The 4cyl engine is so much cheaper!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #12

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Cool truck! My mom has a '12 Tacoma AC 2.7, not a popular truck. Most opt for the 4.0. The 4cyl engine is so much cheaper!
Thanks man!!! I know most don't go with the 4cyl to be honest I didn't know it was an option until I saw the truck at the dealer!!! But I'm so glad I went with it lovin the fuel milage I hit around 630km per tank in town and it'll hit 700 on the hwy, which will be nice for my trip down the Oregon coast in Aug
Old 05-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #13

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the truck into the shop today and did the first oil change since I've owned it. Since I was in there I also got ride of the stock sway bar

Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #14

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Took the truck out to a local spot today "vedder mountain" in chilliwack BC, first 10 minutes in I screwed up and slipped off a muddy edge and into a bank killed my headlight, filler piece, dented my fender and bumper.

I also popped one of the clips on my flare the headlight took most of it and needed to be replaced anyways cause it was melted

After I got winched out we moved onto some more technical stuff

Banks and a rock obstacle

Big rock and tree obstacle the boys added a couple small rocks so I didn't smash my rockers here

All in all it was a good day can't wait for those sliders to come in as well as my tires gonna need both for my trip in Aug, gonna take a stab a fixing up my filler and fender front if I can't make em look good I'll just order new ones considering doing line x on the fenders but not sure yet
Old 06-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #15
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #16

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a video of me coming down some berms and getting around a rock that had fallen onto the trail

http://youtu.be/HZZG5Opzx2E
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #17

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Another video from yesterday this is what awaited me at the bottom of the berms

http://youtu.be/plNw4EEo6WM
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #18

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a few more shots from the cell tower run on the weekend nothing dramatic but fun all the same

http://youtu.be/x07A-oplGIU
http://youtu.be/Opy_HML02d8
http://youtu.be/Kn2K1N45R88
http://youtu.be/i44mFuEe72o

Thanks go out to the video shooters !!!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #19
andlours is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
andlours's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy to see another guy on here who went from a 1st gen 4Runner to an 09 Taco! Here's my old '86 4Runner.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #20

TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andlours View Post
I'm happy to see another guy on here who went from a 1st gen 4Runner to an 09 Taco! Here's my old '86 4Runner.
Yea buddy!!!

I kinda hate seeing pics of nice first gen runners kinda males me want one again!!!! But on the other hand I really love my taco and the things I've done with it out of the box, but there's something super attractive about those 1st gen Toyotas