Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal

Old 03-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Big Member
BigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to behold
Name: Benjamin
BigBenOC's Tacoma Gallery
BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal

Hi All,

I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 4x4, Double Cab, Long Bed in Pyrite Mica.

Very excited to be here! Been lurking for a couple weeks now, been buying forum member mods during that time...

I must say I haven't been this excited about a vehicle since high school!

Anyway, I live in Southern California (South Orange County, by way of San Diego). This is my first 4x4 so I'm excited to get out and get a little dirty. I like to fish, hunt, photography, painting, mountain biking, watching movies, etc.

I'm going to post my stock Tacoma here now, and keep this thread going as I get the fun mods going!
Attached Thumbnails
BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-side-pre.jpg   BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-back-side-pre.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Big Member
BigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to beholdBigBenOC is a splendid one to behold
First Mod I did was lifting the rear view mirror. I'm 6'4" and it was pretty scary with factory fit. Mod found on Tacoma World!

Before and After pics:
Attached Thumbnails
BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-mirror-pre.jpg   BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-mirror-post.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
71jgarcia is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
71jgarcia's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Nice truck. Looks like you bought it at the Escondido dealer, that's where I purchased mine last year!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Big Member
Yes sir! Got a good deal at Toyota Esco. They have the best selection around! I'll have to look at some of your threads and check your truck out...
Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
ComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dakota
ComaRyder1's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the site bud. be sure to post lots of pics whenever you install some new mods
Old 03-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine at Escondido as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #7

I haven't posted any pics yet, still learning how to navigate through the site. I was pretty happy with the service I got from the dealership, but not too happy with the service department. I hope you enjoy driving your truck as much as I do!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #8
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I love the truck
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
Big Member
Hey 71garcia, what were you not happy about in regards to service department?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #10

Hey BigBen, I'll try to make a long story short. I had a couple of warranty issues that needed to be addressed. After making the 2nd trip back to Esco, they kept my truck and said a courtesy car was not part of my coverage.
After their failed attempt to fix my issues, I called them back and I just got the run around. I took my truck to my local dealer and what do you know? They fixed them and said a courtesy car was part of my warranty coverage.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Big Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71jgarcia View Post
Hey BigBen, I'll try to make a long story short. I had a couple of warranty issues that needed to be addressed. After making the 2nd trip back to Esco, they kept my truck and said a courtesy car was not part of my coverage.
After their failed attempt to fix my issues, I called them back and I just got the run around. I took my truck to my local dealer and what do you know? They fixed them and said a courtesy car was part of my warranty coverage.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out the service reviews of some other Toyota dealers. Which dealer are you now pleased with?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenOC View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out the service reviews of some other Toyota dealers. Which dealer are you now pleased with?
I wish I would of checked out some reviews. It would of me some time. Lesson learned. I live in Temecula, so I took it to Temecula Toyota for the warranty issues and for oil changes as well. The Service manager there is great!!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
Big Member
Awesome, thanks for the tip!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #14
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had issues other than regular maintenance but I've used Carlsbad Toyota and they have been pleasant. I take that back, when I had my 05 Tacoma I went in for hesitation issues and they couldn't find anything wrong. I put about 15k miles more miles on it and it popped a CEL. Come to find out it was the cats going bad. I had over 80k miles on the truck and they replaced them under warranty. Saved me a ton of money. Other than that, haven't had any issues with my cars. I have a 2012 Prius and a 2013 Highlander plus the Tacoma now.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #15
Big Member
Thanks for the info doc, I'll have to check the reviews out...
Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #16
Big Member
Here's my next mod, also found on TacomaWorld, skidplate from bpfabricating. Matt is a pleasure to deal with, the product is great, the install was easy.

Before and After Skid Plate:
Attached Thumbnails
BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-front-pre.jpg   BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-skid-plate.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #17
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenOC View Post
Here's my next mod, also found on TacomaWorld, skidplate from bpfabricating. Matt is a pleasure to deal with, the product is great, the install was easy.

Before and After Skid Plate:
Who makes that? It looks good.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Big Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
Who makes that? It looks good.
Thanks Doc,

There is a thread here for the skids:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kid-plate.html
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #19
Big Member
Next Mods are on! I installed a Yeti Cooler Bottle Opener in the bed (another TacomaWorld mod).

I added a Pop and Lock tailgate handle lock, added a McGard tailgate lock (best of the ones for sale, tried them all), Tacoma TRD license plate frame, removed the V6 emblem and replaced with a 4x4 emblem, removed Toyota emblem and replaced with TRD emblem, partially removed Tacoma emblem to say Taco ... now I have a TeRD Taco!

Before and After:
Attached Thumbnails
BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-back-pre.jpg   BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-back-post.jpg   BigBenOC Introduction and Build, 2014 Tacoma, SoCal-bottle-opener.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #20
mcalo4 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 5th Bn 11th Marines HQ
mcalo4's Tacoma Gallery
Bottle opener

Where did you get that bottle opener from? I'm assuming you just drilled some small holes on inside tailgate and screwed in????