LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

KeithB's '09 Tacoma DC TRD Sport

Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
KeithB's '09 Tacoma DC TRD Beach Cruiser

Updated photo 6/4/13:

Plasti-dip lower front valence and added old school Toyota Truck badge (aka model-T) 11/9/13:

Traded in my '01 xtra cab for this '09 double cab on 1/22/09. Needed more room for my 3 kids. Here's my '01 before I sold it and my new '09 the day after I bought it.

Brand new 1/22/09

Modification and Expense List as of 6/5/13:

Suspension - $2,325.
· Icon Vehicle Dynamics Extended Coilovers
· Icon Vehicle Dynamics Remote Res. Shocks
· Total Chaos Upper Control Arms
· Wheelers 1.5" lift 3 leaf progressive AAL
· Toytec 3° shims (overload leaf left in)
· OME carrier bearing ¾” drop kit

Wheels and Tires - $1,740.
· 17x8 Ultra Goliath wheels
· P285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler’s (32.6”x11.2”)
· Firestone lifetime alignment
· BAMF Cab Mount Chop plates
· Front and rear mud flaps removed

Accessories - $2770.
· Toyota black tube steps – Line-X’d
· Toyota roof rack
· Toyota cargo divider
· Weathertech Grey floor liners
· Access Literider roll up soft tonneau
· 2 additional Toyota D-rings in bed
· Fire extinguisher
· Receiver tow hook
· 3” drop hitch with 1-7/8” ball
· 7 pin round to 4 pin flat trailer wire adapter
· Thule top track utility rails over bed rail caps
· Thule 65” square bars on TK towers with ski attachments over tonneau

Cosmetic - $1215.
· Front windows tinted to match rear factory tint
· Shortened antenna 3” (to fit in garage)
· Grillcraft black upper / lower mesh grill insert
· Eyelids painted SWB
· Engine cover painted speedway blue
· Tinted tails and third brake light
· Arm rests and center console lid cover - black perforated vinyl.
· Hobie Cat sticker on rear window
· Ski Okemo sticker on rear window
· Rear ¼ panel TRD beach cruiser decals
· Front license plate removed – SWB bumper plugs
· Paint pinch weld under cab black
· Plasti-dip lower front valence

Audio / Tech - $935.
· Ottonavi HU (sat, ipod, DVD, nav, bt)

Performance - $650.
· TRD Cat-back Exhaust
· AMSOIL full synthetic 5w30 engine oil
· AMSOIL full synthetic 75w90 severe gear differential oil front / rear and xfer case.

Lighting - $795
· 33” dual row LED light bar behind lower grill
· Fogs only mod (J/B 2A pin 21 to 13)
· Bed pocket lights (switch in bed)
· Back up lights under tow hitch (on w/ rev. or switch)
· OTRATTW switches (fogs, LED bar, backup)
· Dual filament blinkers - low intensity as DTRL
· 4x4 switch illumination
· Amber LED strip in the hood scoop
· Amber LED interior accent lighting
· Aux lighting Hella relay block
· Aux lighting BlueSea fuse box

Total to date - $10,430

Lifted 3/29/09 with only 4,000 miles on it.
Pictures before eyelids, spidertrax, tinted tails and grillcraft. Later traded trifold tonneau for a roll up.

Over tonneau bed rack: Thule TK1 feet, 65" square bars, and top tracks mounted to factory bed rail covers. 12/15/09.
You can also see the roll up Lite rider tonneau that replaced the tri fold. I liked the canvas material of the tri fold but the roll up serves my purposes much better. Couldn't find the canvas in a roll up.

Low intensity LED's in the hood scoop. 10/15/11.

Wethertech floor mats front and rear.

Vinyl armrest to replace stock. 1/2/12 - Perforated to match upper door panel.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good buddy!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Newbie Status
TRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the rough

TRlPPlN's Tacoma Gallery
wow your truck looks awesome. how much did the list below set you back? I'm looking into doing some minor work suspension wise on the truck.

IVD coilovers
IVD RR shocks
1.5" lift 3 leaf AAL
TC UCA
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlPPlN View Post
wow your truck looks awesome. how much did the list below set you back? I'm looking into doing some minor work suspension wise on the truck.

IVD coilovers
IVD RR shocks
1.5" lift 3 leaf AAL
TC UCA
I got everything from wheelersoffroad.com

IVD coilovers and TC UCA pkg deal $1,650.
IVD RR shocks $472.
1.5" lift 3 leaf AAL $150.

Total was $2,272. shipped
Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Cool!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
did u notice any MPG loss with those nittos?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #10

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
I was averaging about 18.8 from Jan -Apr. (first 4000 miles). Now with new tires and lift after the first tank, I got 17.9mpg but corrected for larger tires since the speedo is off by 3.4% now I figure I actually went further than the odo is registering so really I got 18.5 mpg. Still hard to tell after only one tank plus the weather is warming up which tends to increase mpgs and not sure when exactly they change from winter to summer blend gas. Difference seems to be negligible.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
Newbie Status
TRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the roughTRlPPlN is a jewel in the rough

TRlPPlN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
I got everything from wheelersoffroad.com

IVD coilovers and TC UCA pkg deal $1,650.
IVD RR shocks $472.
1.5" lift 3 leaf AAL $150.

Total was $2,272. shipped

nice. although it's out of my budget at the moment..lol but if im going to do it, i might as well do right the first time.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #12

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
I still seem to be averaging around 18.5 - 19mpg. Got the rest of my list installed. Spidertrax were the last to come in (nearly 8weeks). What a difference those wheels spacers make in the look. Before it looks like a fat kid on stilts. So much more aggressive looking now. Also, the lamin-x was a major PITA to deal with. Still not happy with the results there. Bubbles and some edges peeling up. Totally waste of money. Oh well, live and learn. I'll have some pics up in a couple days.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
TRDrew is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
TRDrew's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the TRD exhaust? I was leaning towards this mod soon. How does it sound?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDrew View Post
How do you like the TRD exhaust? I was leaning towards this mod soon. How does it sound?
Alot of people like it, but some don't. Check out the tuning and performance section for more info and opinions on it.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Lookin' good! Even your '01 looks pretty mean!

Products Discussed in this Thread