Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gym_Jamz's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Gym_Jamz's Build

I have always liked Tacomas when I was in high school. I lurked TW for two years and officially joined in 2012 when my dad was in the market for one. Long story short, he didn't drive it as often as he wanted, so he passed it down to me . Unfortunately, it wasn't the specific package I want, but hey, I'm not complaining one bit. I feel blessed. Here is what I've gotten so far. Nothing major yet, since I do want to give this back to him in the future and buy myself a 4x4 model.

Currently

My Inspiration
Airdog's 2012

Truck
Year: 2012
Make: Toyota
Model: Tacoma Double Cab SR5 Prerunner
Color: Magnetic Gray

Engine:
4.0L V6
5-Speed Automatic
Tow Package
AeroTurbine 2525xl Exhaust
Tacomaworld Sticker

Suspension
Bilstein 5100s Front and Back
OME 884x Coils
Toytec's 1.5" TSB AAL

Wheels and Tires
17" Pro Comp 7005
265/70/17 General Grabbers

Exterior
OEM Roof Rack
Color Matched Grille
Grillcraft Mesh
N-Fab Steps
35% Front Tint
Derp'd Emblems and Rear Bumper
Yakima MegaWarrior Basket

Lighting
Mini Morimoto D2S 3.0 Projectors
D2S Morimoto 3five DSP
35w D2S XB35 5500k
Apollo 3.0 Shrouds
BAMF's Light Bar
Hella 500s
Avec's 30" with Rigid's lower valence bracket

Interior
Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head unit
Csjumper2003's LED Map Lights
Csjumper2003's LED Dome Lights

Future Mods
Retrofit #2 with either Bixenon and tuned, LS460R, Murano, or Maxima projectors
Front Armor Bumper
WeatherTech
Light Racing UCAs
Wet Okole
Buy a 4x4

03/20

04/14

01/14

06/13

03/13 5100s with 884x Coils and 1.5 TSB AAL

02/13

09/12
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Breaking DB Stereotypes
RadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! Always let me know if theres anything sell/trade you wanna do in the future..Seems like everything good for sale is out of reach in our area
Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTaco914 View Post
Looking good! Always let me know if theres anything sell/trade you wanna do in the future..Seems like everything good for sale is out of reach in our area
Thanks! And will do. Most of the sales/trades are in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Good looking truck. Always like the 7005s on MGM.
Thanks! I actually thought of Anthracite Rims for awhile, but I got a killer deal on these.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Perpetual Cynic
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! MGM FTW.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
Looks great! MGM FTW.
Thanks and I agree. Looks good clean and dirty!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
All I Do Is Nguyen

Put a basket on her
Old 05-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #9
Breaking DB Stereotypes
RadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Basket looks great with the oem rails! That was the plan with my 08'..
Old 05-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Basket looks great with the oem rails! That was the plan with my 08'..
Thanks! Although I am a little iffy with putting extra weight in it. I don't know how the oem cross bars will take it.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
Breaking DB Stereotypes

I wanna say 230ish (lbs) was the max??
Old 05-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
I wanna say 230ish (lbs) was the max??
230lbs sounds a lot. It's not the cross bar itself, but the cross bar joints. Not my picture but this is what worries me.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
gatorfan4eva15 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorfan4eva15's Tacoma Gallery
I like the head lights what kind are they and were they hard to install?
Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #14
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan4eva15 View Post
I like the head lights what kind are they and were they hard to install?
Thanks! They're Mini D2S Stage III. I got them through a GB here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ndrew-trs.html

They are pretty easy to install. The only hard parts were putting the headlights in the oven, shaving a little bit of plastic, and making sure your horizontal cut off is straight. Thats it!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
All I Do Is Nguyen

Fixed my roof basket mount.

What it looked like before:

What the mount look like after modifying it:

Final result!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #16
thunderstruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert Giles
thunderstruck's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 06-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #17
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
looks good
Thanks Robert!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #18
KevinAndrew is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
KevinAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man! I really like those headlights
Old 07-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
csayno is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
csayno's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. Where'd you get the color matched grill?
Old 07-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #20
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAndrew View Post
Nice build man! I really like those headlights
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csayno View Post
Nice man. Where'd you get the color matched grill?
I got it from Camelback Toyota. They're one of the vendors on here. I think it was $183-186 shipped! I then sold my chrome on ebay for about $150. Not bad.

Products Discussed in this Thread