Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RogueTRD's '14 DCSB OR Build

Old 04-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
'Murica
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
RogueTRD's '14 DCSB OR Build

As of today (3/23/15) I've had my truck 1 full year. I have just under 12k miles on the odometer. It's been a good year and I'm pretty dang happy with the progress so far.

Goals: I'd like to turn this truck into a capable off road/adventure vehicle along with a being a reliable daily driver.

Most recent pic, 4/21/15

MODS

Performance:
AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter

Suspension:
Old Man Emu 887 Coils
Camburg UCA's w/ moog balljoints
Old Man Emu Dakar rear leaf pack
Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks and struts
Extended rear brake lines
Old Man Emu carrier bearing drop
"Invisible" swaybar

Interior:
Weathertech (black) floorliners front and rear
Bird Dawg industries rear view mirror riser

Exterior:
Debadged
Cravenspeed Stubby antenna
Front mud flaps removed
OEM bed mat
OEM Bed extender
Relentless Fab Hi-Lift mount
Color matched Satoshi grille from TW member StealthTaco
"ChuxFab" spare tire mount
BAMF bed tie downs (on order)
15% Tint on all door windows

Lighting:
Rigid SR 20 inch led lightbar (on order)
Rigid Dually floods (on order)
Rigid Led reverse lights (on order)

Wheels/Tires:
Cooper ST Maxx 265/75/16's
16x8 Level 8 MK6 in matte black with TRD center caps.
Cooper S/T 265/75/16 spare on a 16x8 Pro Comp steelie

Armor:
BAMF Sliders w/kickout (weld on)
Pelfreybilt steel plate bumper with center hoop and fog/LED bar cutouts (on order)
Pelfreybilt standard rear bumper with reverse light cutouts and hidden hitch (on order)
Pelfreybilt IFS skid (on order)
Pelfreybilt Mid skid (on order)
Perlfreybilt T-case skid (on order)

Recovery:
Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch with synthetic line (waiting for bumper to install)
Wheelers 3" x 20' recovery strap
Shovel
Axe
48" Hi Lift w/ offroad base

Coms:
Uniden 510XL CB (not installed)
4ft Firestik (not installed)

Misc mods:
Diff breather extension (have parts, not installed)
Rerouted and chopped exhaust with Aeroturbine 2525XL muffler
Seat belt beep disable
Door lock/Unlock beep disable

Future mods:(In no particular order)
ABS disable switch
Locker anytime mod
Seat covers
More recovery gear
U-Bolt flip
Wheelers Superbumps
Bedrack and RTT
Onboard air
Roof Rack
and so on...
Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
'Murica
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
The day I got her. (3/23/14)

My previous Tacoma, '09 AC TRD OR 4x4.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
'Murica

Marines:
So I finished installing my lift and Camburg UCA's today with help from a couple buddies. I also chopped my front mud flaps 6 inches. I didn't install the extended rear brake lines due to not having a 10mm flare wrench and not having any clear tubing to bleed the brakes. I'll be installing them at a later date.

Before the lift:

After the lift:
Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Nice tires, I like the sidewall with that extra tread.

If it was me, I'd just remove those front flaps, down here in Az they last like 1 run wheeling and they get torn off, lol.

Nice truck.

Az
Old 04-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
'Murica

Marines:
Thanks! Yeah, I thought about taking the flaps off, I did on my old truck, but I had bigger tires. I just chopped these 6 inches and I'm gonna see how they hold up.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
'Murica

Marines:
Got the truck aligned today and got the extended rear brake lines on it too. It drives so nice compared to my '09 with the spacer lift and M/T's.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
'Murica

Marines:
Thanks man, I had some rubbing on my old truck with 285/75/16's and didn't want to have that issue with this truck. At least not yet! I think it doesn't look too bad with these tires.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
Your girlfriend likes my member
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Can you get some hub to fender measurements please?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #12
'Murica

Marines:
I posted this over in the OME Question/Answer/Pic thread.

My before and after numbers read like so:

Before - After

Driver front: 20 5/8 - 23 5/16
Pass front: 20 7/16 - 23 3/8

Driver rear: 21 5/16 - 24 3/8
Pass rear: 21 1/4 - 24 1/2

This is after about 500 miles and some mild offroading to help settle.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
Your girlfriend likes my member
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
Justin0319 is on a distinguished road
Justin0319's Tacoma Gallery
Man, that looks great. I just got a 2014 extended cab, TRD sport 4x4 and looking to lift it a bit. Thanks for sharing, definitely gives me a few ideas.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
'Murica

Marines:
Thanks, more to come soon. It's hard not to go mod crazy!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #16
'Murica

Marines:
I received and installed my Stubby antenna yesterday, filter and Weathertechs are supposed to be here today!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #17
'Murica

Marines:
Got off work and had 2 packages waiting. AFE drop in is installed, Weathertechs go in tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
'Murica

Marines:
Ordered some 16x8 Level 8 MK6's today in matte black. Should be here sometime next week!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #19
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man! How do the truck ride with 887's and dakars? I'm considering the same lift!
Lastly did you get everything in spec with the Camburg UCA's? Any noises with the moog ball joints? Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #20
'Murica

Marines:
It rides great IMO, a little stiffer than stock, but it soaks up the terrain much better and is really stable. No issues with alignment or noise as of yet. I only have about 1k miles on the lift and components.