Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

UrPebkac's Build

Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
UrPebkac's Build

2007 Toyota Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
Most recent picture. (4/26/2014)

Mod list:

Interior:
LED gauge swap
All interior lights, LED
2013 Toyota touchscreen radio
Illuminated 4x4 switch
400w inverter anytime
120v in-cab outlet

Exterior:
Andre's Devil Horns
Fog lamps on w/ Running lights
K&N Air filter
Secondary Air Filter removed
886 Backup Mod
Weathertech Side Window Deflectors
Toyota Bed Extender
A.R.E. cap (black sand pearl)
LED lights in cap
-2x 24" superbrightleds
-1x 12" superbrightleds
-1x waterproof switch
On Board Air
-ARB compressor (CKMA12)
-ARB inflator (ARB605)
OCTaco Extended Steel Brake Lines

Lift:
Front:
Bilstein 5100's set @ 0
OME 885x coils
Rear:
OMD style Spring Refurb. 6 total leaves
(2 leaf Toyota +3 Chevy+ 1 Toyota overload)
Bilstein RCD B110 5100's

ECGS bushing to replace the shitty needle bearing
(required as soon as the lift went on) pain in the ass to install outside in 40 degree weather.

Armor:
BAMF 96" sliders @ 10*
All-Pro IFS skid

Wheels:
5 FJ cruiser rims
Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX 285/70/17 E-rated

CB:
1974 Sharp 23 channel
BAMF CB mount driver side
1974 (unknown make/model) 8' whip antenna
Firestik 4' with HD spring
18' Firering cable
Cobra Roadmaster handheld cb

Future: (so many wants, so little cash on hand)
Purchased:

Lined up:
All-Pro skids
Transmission
Transfer case

Still dreaming:
Lockers (researching now)

Build in progress:
Still on the lot

With the ATV in the back

Took a dabble at soldering and swapped my LEDs

Painted my wheels to cover the corrosion $20

Built my rear lift from old Chevy leaf packs $75

Squeak prevention (never squeaked once in 2 years)

Bought my front lift $490 w coils, spacer, ubolts.

Lift installed with 265/65/17 michelins LTX ms2

Purchased the perfect fit bed box and bed extender $200 for both.

Picked up the FJ Cruiser rims $300

Installed the FJ's

Installed a 2013 touchscreen in the truck, $145 TW find.

Had to replace my Center support(carrier bearing) bearing 2 times.
I built this from a Chevy one ton but it did not fit.

Fiddling behind my radio, I found a remote started was installed in the truck from a previous owner. The hood switch was not tripped so it never worked before. 2 years after I purchased the truck it is now working.

Found an ARE cap on CL for $500

Added some superbrightleds lights to it with a waterproof switch. $100

Found the Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX 285/70/17 on CL fit $280

Added a new badge

Picked up some BAMF 96" rock sliders for $300

Installed coated with Bed Armor w/ Kevlar.

Installed All Pro IFS skid (thanks Billy)

Installed ARB compressor (thanks Denis)
Old 04-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I love dclbs. Sweet truck.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Nice mod on the lighting bro, cool truck
Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Thanks Andres,
Love your work! I inquired a few times to you... each time I had things come up and could not place my order during your times. Ended up swapping stock parts/horns with a guy who was selling his truck.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
xx-griz-xx is on a distinguished road
xx-griz-xx's Tacoma Gallery
Any rubbing with the 285 tires? how much lift did your aftermarket suspension give you. I have a 3.5" walker evans suspension and was thinking of adding 285-70-17 tires.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #8

I am settled in the front at 2.5" and they do rubber but only in reverse with medium flex. I trimmed slightly in the front of the tire and it mostly gone now. I don't notice it unless I am off road. I have not gone with new uca's yet.

In the rear I am around 3.5". No rubbing at all.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
Digger2 is on a distinguished road
Digger2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPebkac View Post
I am settled in the front at 2.5" and they do rubber but only in reverse with medium flex. I trimmed slightly in the front of the tire and it mostly gone now. I don't notice it unless I am off road. I have not gone with new uca's yet.

In the rear I am around 3.5". No rubbing at all.
Hello just wondering if you had to run wheel spacers with those fj rims to run the 285 tires?? Thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
Dude...I'm glad I ran across your build. You've got exactly what I'm working on...even down to the ARB compressor. And I was wondering if I'm the only one with a 2" difference in the front with this set up. I think I want to raise it an inch though. I'm even ordering bamf sliders and didn't want the kick outs and at 10 degrees too. up the great work!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #14

Thanks man! I am going to be making some changes soon. Within the next month or so, before it starts getting cold. I just purchased some used Icon reg travel coilovers (on a budget, just under $700 after rebuild).Sent them out to be rebuilt today. Also going to remove a leaf in my custom pack to gain a little softer ride and more flex on the trail.

I haven't been able to or will be able to make many more changes in the near future as I just bought a fixer up home that has its name on my cash and time.