Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

KMitch's 2014 DCSB TRD O/R Build

Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
KMitch's 2014 DCSB TRD O/R Build

Figured I'd start a build thread.

Here is how she looked the day I bought her on 12/19/13.

First thing I did was plasti-dip my emblems

Next I swapped out the chrome grille surround for a color matched through Camelback Toyota (vendor here on TW)

Next I upgraded the wheels and tires to the FJ Trail Team's and 265/75/16 Duratracs

From there, it was time for a lift. I went with the OME 885x's without the top plate spacers so I could keep using the stock UCAs. I went with the Toytec 3 pack progressive AAL in the back. At first it gave me a full 3" of lift. After a couple weeks, it has settled to 2.5".

Here she is all cleaned up.

And here are a couple wheeling pics.

Pre-lift

Once the rear leaf pack wears out, I plan on getting Dakars in the rear, top plate spacers in the front along with LR UCAs. At some point in the future I would also like to get a plate front bumper with a winch. Wouldn't mind getting a rear as well but have to do a little research on the high clearance hitches. I know companies can't officially rate the hitch capacities but just need to make sure that I can safely tow my camper with it.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!! Mine is pretty much going to look identical. lol

I just sold my '11 DCSB OR to my brother that was white with the black TT wheels and I just bought a '14 white DCSB OR that I already have the black TTs and BFG ATs. I just ordered OME 884 coils with Bilsteins so I am only going 2" lift.

I am really liking the color matched grille. I definitely want to do that at some point.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double_b View Post
Looks good man!! Mine is pretty much going to look identical. lol

I just sold my '11 DCSB OR to my brother that was white with the black TT wheels and I just bought a '14 white DCSB OR that I already have the black TTs and BFG ATs. I just ordered OME 884 coils with Bilsteins so I am only going 2" lift.

I am really liking the color matched grille. I definitely want to do that at some point.
Thanks!

Camelback has the colormatched grille for $184 (free shipping) and I sold my chrome one for $100 so it was a pretty cheap upgrade for me.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Mujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud of
Mujtaballa's Tacoma Gallery
Is the paint metallic? I like the tire combo!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujtaballa View Post
Is the paint metallic? I like the tire combo!
Thanks! As far as I know, Super White is not metallic.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Tanned
tacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paulo
tacopaulo's Tacoma Gallery
I really like your truck man. I'm thinking about doing the same suspension setup like yours and also putting on some 265/75/16 tires and I wanted to ask you how the ride is compared to stock? Also more pics!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
Carmaniac is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Carmaniac's Tacoma Gallery
How she do hauling camper in CO?
Weight on camper?

I've got about same setup on truck and pull the camper sometimes, but usually with an F350 PSD.

Great lookimg truck!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paub3ar View Post
I really like your truck man. I'm thinking about doing the same suspension setup like yours and also putting on some 265/75/16 tires and I wanted to ask you how the ride is compared to stock? Also more pics!!!
I like the ride. It's definitely stiffer (more truck like) and a lot of that is the tires (mine are the E rated variety). Was hauling 40 cubic feet of mulch yesterday and it rode smooth as could be.

Going to be dipping the rear bumper here soon once the weather cooperates and will definitely get more pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmaniac View Post
How she do hauling camper in CO?
Weight on camper?

I've got about same setup on truck and pull the camper sometimes, but usually with an F350 PSD.

Great lookimg truck!
Thanks! She does an adequate job but nothing close to a powerstroke (actually considered that before getting the Taco). Loaded weight is around 4500-5k pounds. Most of our trips are within 50 miles or so, so it's tolerable. Haven't used her on the interstate in the mountains yet (Country Jam middle of next month will be the first time). Highways at 55-60mph are no problem. She just gets a bit winded up steeper grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Very nice! Good choice in rims. TT's look great on a white Tacoma. Stance of lift looks good.
Thanks! Yours looks sweet as well!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
Tanned
tacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to beholdtacopaulo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paulo
tacopaulo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMitch View Post
I like the ride. It's definitely stiffer (more truck like) and a lot of that is the tires (mine are the E rated variety). Was hauling 40 cubic feet of mulch yesterday and it rode smooth as could be.

Going to be dipping the rear bumper here soon once the weather cooperates and will definitely get more pics.

Which struts are you running with your 885springs?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
Also would like to know. Stockers? If so, how are they on the 885s?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:53 AM   #12
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paub3ar View Post
Which struts are you running with your 885springs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06 View Post
Also would like to know. Stockers? If so, how are they on the 885s?
Running the OME 90000 up front and the 60091 out back.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
IG/Twitter: mntnbikerbw
mntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nice

Army: Retired after 20 years.
Name: Bill
mntnbikerbw's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!