Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Newlife's New beginnings Build

Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Newlife's New beginnings Build

Well I guess a year is a good enough time to put together a build

Background story:
I've always been a sports car kinda guy. My passion has always been surrounded what some will disagree but the pony cars. I got my first mustang in high school it was a 1984 blue fox body. Then it went on to later years picking up a 95, then a 2000, then a 97 and finally my 05. So needless to say the truck world was new to me. I had owned an older f150, a z71, a ranger, mazda, and sierra. But none really made me fall in love with them. Then last year the sad day came when it was time to give someone else the passion I had put into my cars and hand over the keys of the 05 to a new owner.

That was when I was introduced to the Tacoma. I had always liked the tacomas but with a 6'6'' stature they just were not for me. They were so small and cramped it was definitely not something as an adult I wanted. Then as I was sitting at the dealer ship explaining why I wasn't happy with the tundra and its turning and maneuvering. (wasn't used to such a large truck) or the fact it wouldn't fit in my garage. This ray of sunshine hit me in the face and I ask what it was. They had just pulled out the tacoma from detail and parked it up on a rock flexing. My sales guy took me out to it and I instantly said this is what I want.

We talked prices and I left with title in hand and a smile on my face. I had a paid for car a truck that I wouldn't really want to do anything to and told the fiance I wouldn't be doing anything to it and I was happy.....

Then I found TacomaWorld.... And you all know how that goes So here it is:

How she sits now:

And that's it. Not really but here goes

So the day at the dealership (well night time right before I got the keys and drove her home)

Isn't she pretty

Well this didn't last long Actually two days to be precise:

Ok so I went a little crazy in the first 48 hours, new radio, new tint, new tires, lift kit. I mean it happens right.

Then it really hit

The lighting mod:
While searching craigslist one day I found a deal on 4 hella 700ff, and an nfab light bar 100.00 couldn't wait

(somewhere in there also picked up the bug shield and window deflectors. And found the damn blhm mod)

Well those didn't last long. I upgraded them to HID and thought I was happy and then I met allmotorrex. Damn him and his LED lighting

So then I starting buying LED's Did the interior minus the gauges. And found RAPR's interior mod page and started to work

First was this entry level (look at me i got a light bar that doesn't do anything) 20" single row flood bar

Sold that to a guy on here

Then got these forrrr fweeeee!!!!

Then decided 1 was more than enough and sold the other one.

Which left me with this:

And then remember Allmotorrex

He had to go up and post pics of his spot lights looking all cool so I had to go get some
and came out with this:

Then I decided 3" lift wasn't enough and decided to go 6"
Insert huge ass smile here

And somewhere in all that I got wheels, 33's, skid plate, leather interior and a few other note worthy mentions.

And that's honestly how she it came. less than 6 months into owning it and its getting there.

And a little off roading pics to show you that in most scenarios a 2wd will get you home (unless allmotorrex and robertocruiser say go for it you got this are involved)

And the leather and I'm done for now I promise

I need to take new pics of the leather now it is all nice and flat and not wrinkled anymore.

Honorable mentions for helping with questions and parts:
Allmotorrex
Robertocruiser
TuFerLife
YotaMatt
And more to add tonight
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
damn that was fast!!! looks good, how is the hood glare with the led pods?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
Yeah some people have drug addictions. I have car / truck addictions.

The led pods have a little glare but it does not come back into your face like you would think. Really good setup for deer on the sides.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #7

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
Yeah some people have drug addictions. I have car / truck addictions.

The led pods have a little glad but it does not come back into your face like you would think. Really good setup for deer on the sides.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
And tell the class how long you spent cleaning all that mud off....
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #10

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TRunner View Post
And tell the class how long you spent cleaning all that mud off....
Lmao still finding mud when I wash it. It took weeks just to get Shiny
Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks good dude. Don't throw/give away those plastic storage bins. Bring them to a meet and I'll just get them then.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #13

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks good dude. Don't throw/give away those plastic storage bins. Bring them to a meet and I'll just get them then.
They are in the attic with your name on them
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #15
stphnman20 will become famous soon enoughstphnman20 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
stphnman20's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man!!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #17

Front? Rear? (Does it matter? it will end up both in the end anyways)

Fucking addicting, ain't it.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #19

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
How did I get an honorable mention?!?! Everyone knows I don't know what the hell I'm talking about when I give you advice. Haha
In Gideon's words shut up and take it.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #20

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Front? Rear? (Does it matter? it will end up both in the end anyways)

Fucking addicting, ain't it.
Front now rear in a few months. Yes sir