1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access cab prerunner build (never done)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by SpeedwayBlueAlex, May 5, 2014.

1. May 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

SpeedwayBlueAlex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    SWB 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD 6-SPEED
    So here is my never ending prerunner build. I don't have all the pics from all the mods I did but do have a few feel free to ask any questions. I definitely do have a lot more mods to do so when ever I get the extra cash to throw some money on my taco I sure do,can't brake the bank account too hard. My tacoma is a 2006 2wd prerunner 4.0 access cab! Bought my tacoma at a used car dealership in 2011 of June. And that's when it all started!

How she sits as of 4/23/14 will update pics as I mod
    [​IMG]

Here it is the first day I bought her from Mace Motorsports in Modesto Ca

[​IMG]

Few months past by and managed to save up some extra cash so I purched brand new pinnacle grizzly grip 33s with 16x8 summit racing steelies! Had an extra hundred bucks left over so I bought a coilover spacer (3inch) because I had way too much tire rub. The spacer was the worst decision ever still regret makin that choice to this day haha. Also bought my buddies prerunner bumper off him and purchased some offroad 4 inch knockoff lights from ebay and ordered halo projector headlights off ebay along with 6k hids as well. During that time I also painted my grill and got 20 percent tint all around:D

[​IMG]

About 6 months passed by and saved some extra cash so I pulled the trigger on maxtrac spindles,camburg balljoint ucas,bilstein 51s,and eibach 1.6 springs! Couldn't of been happier!

[​IMG]

Kept seeing prerunners on here (tacomaworld) with there skid plates shaped so I got tired of just seeing mine plain...

[​IMG]

So I had it reshaped and put a new 10ga sheet as well.
    [​IMG]

My 51s were set at 1.75 which was way to high so I had them dropped down to .85 ride quality changed by a lot way better!
    [​IMG]

Also got rid of my cheap ebay fog lights on my bumper and picked up 7 inch 55 watt HID flood lights!
    [​IMG]

A month later ordered a nfab tire carrier and bolted it on my bed! Matching tire and rim too. Decided to paint my truck satin black and get my tail lights tinted 20 percent. Kind of got a black on black thing goin on haha. Finally got around to the interior and picked up a sony deck jdl 1050 watt amp and two 10s. Sounds really good got it all for only 200 bucks!

[​IMG]

As of now havent had any mods just savin up for front and rear king shocks,rear with a shock relocation kit as well and will be converting my balljoint ucas to uniball and mcneil or fiberwerx front fenders in a month or so:D and eventually LT like I said ill never be done with this thing...

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Nice build.

3. May 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

SpeedwayBlueAlex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    SWB 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD 6-SPEED
    Thanks Hiatt. Your tacoma is just on another level. It's one of the cleanest builds ive seen!!! Your truck is a major neckbraker haha:D

Hey hiatt if im corret you're still running 33s right ? How do they fill in the fiberwerx fenders,is there a big gap to the point where the tires look small?? I really like the fenders just dont want my tires to look small and can't find any pics of access cabs on 33s with fiberwerx fenders. I know im weird :p but just like to see what somethin looks like before I buy it :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top