Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Supreme!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Supreme!

This is my third tacoma so this is version 3.0

2014 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4 Supercharged

Date of purchase: 2014 MAY 10

Suspension

Fox remote resi 2.5 front shocks and 2.0 rears
Total Chaos UCA
Icon 3 leaf pack

Wheel and tires

16" KMC XD Enduros and 285/75/16 KM2's
Full size matching spare

Armor

Shrockworks front bumper
Shrockworks engine skid plate
4X Inovations DOM weld on rock sliders w/ kick out

Interior

Weather tech floor mats
Wet okole seat covers
LED dome & map
Ultra-Gauge

Audio

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS
Pioneer GM-D8604 4ch 1200w Amplifier
Alpine Type-R 6.5 component speakers
Alpine Type-R 6.5 Coaxial speakers
Mr. Marv speaker adapters
NVX sound damping

Exterior

Color matched sport mirrors w/ turn signals
LED reverse lights
Color matched grill
D2S retrofit
20" LED light bar
LED fog lights
De-badged
20% front window tint

Performance

Supercharger
aFe stage 2 intake
TRD cat back exhaust

Future Mods

Rear plate bumper
winch
Full skids
LED rock lights
Grillcraft
Blue sea fuse block & circuit breaker
URD 2.85 pulley
Fuel pump kit
Boost and AFR gauges
Tire carrier

Just purchased and getting the wheels and tires switched from the old tacoma

My garage is full of tacoma parts

Welding on the rock sliders

Purchased some color matched sport mirrors

It's starting to come together. I still need to installed the lift and bumper

Supercharged installed. Dropped off Monday afternoon. Picked up Wednesday evening.

5/23/14 lift installed

bumper install

wet okoles
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
things are starting to come together
Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Insta: @Sm1ley52
Smiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant futureSmiley52 has a brilliant future

Army: Medic, 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division
Name: Danny
Smiley52's Tacoma Gallery

Bravo sir. Bravo.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #4

Air Force:
Completed my retrofit. D2S 3.0 with bullet shroud

Some goodies showed up in the mail

color matched grill, weathertech floor mats and an aFe stage 2 intake
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #5

Air Force:
came out to my truck the other day to a giant pool of coolant on the ground. Popped the hood and it was everywhere. After some looking around I saw the radiator fan has been rubbing on the oil coolant line and eventually put a hole in it.

Then I found this in my supercharger install manual. I was pretty pissed to say the least.

So my truck with 1,000 miles towed away to the dealer.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery

Killer Truck, sucks dealer didn't do SC install perfect. Least the fix is on their dime. Just you're without a truck and have a bunch of goodies to install..
Old 06-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #7

Air Force:
I got it back already. This happened at the beginning of the week. They only had it for a day. I ordered an trd exhaust and bed mat from them while I was there. I told them they need to take care of some of the bill since their tech almost destroyed my truck with 1,000 on it by not following the instruction. He agreed but didn't say an amount so well see what they pick up. I work at night and normal when I go home it's still dark outside so I would have never seen the pool of coolant on the ground. I would have just jumped in my truck and drove home and wondered why my engine overheated and blew up. I went outside at about 7pm to get something I forget in the car and saw it then. They would be spending a lot more $$$$ to fix it if that happened.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sick man. That's sucks to hear about but at least it wasn't worse.

With aftermarket parts come lots of headaches.

How much were your mirrors?
Old 06-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #10

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Great build! Bumper/tires/rims look great. I imagine that is the ICON Progressive 3-Leaf? Did you remove the overload or leave it? How does it ride (too stiff or about right with the bumper)?
I left the overload spring in. It's a little stiff but not bad.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #11

Air Force:
Installed the aFe intake today.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #12

Air Force:
Over the last week I did a few things...

Installed a 20" double row light bar from www.okledlightbars.com
De-badged
Plasti-dipped the rear bumper until I get a plate bumper
Installed a TRD cat back exhaust
20% front window tint

Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #13

Air Force:
Did some audio upgrades this weekend

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS
Pioneer GM-D8604 4ch 1200w Amplifier
Alpine Type-R 6.5 component speakers
Alpine Type-R 6.5 Coaxial speakers
Mr. Marv speaker adapters
NVX sound damping

Did the sound damping most of the way up on the inside of the doors and about half way up on the outer part of the doors.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #14
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
You sir deserve credit for dropping more $$$ into a Taco in a short period of time than I have ever seen before. I wish you lived closer so I could come see that truck in person.
I am being very specific in saying truck and not Beast as one must watch closely how he words things on TW
Old 07-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #15

Air Force:
It's getting pretty sad my completed list is larger than my want list now. I'm going to slow down a bit until black friday time frame.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #16

Air Force:
Added some LED fog lights from www.sidetrackedoffroad.com

Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #17
FigNewton is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Mike
FigNewton's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like those alpine type r's?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #18

Air Force:
They are nice. Obviously a huge improvement over the stock ones. I can only get the volume to 15 and thats plenty loud enough for me. It goes up to 40 . I need to tune my amp a little better though. To be honest this is my first time I've upgraded my audio equipment in a vehicle so I wasn't so sure what I was doing as far as tuning the amp.