Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Highschool kid build

Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
AsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
AsphaltCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Highschool kid build

Alright so I've decided to start from scratch on my build thread. I got my truck when I was 15. Had little tiny tires and steel rims. So being that I'm a truck nut I almost immediately started saving money for my truck. This is going to be a long build but hopefully worth it. I saved for a whole summer working as a ranch hand. Then I finally earned my first mod. Exhaust.

mods
- Flowmaster cat-back dual exhaust
- plastidipped toyota emblem
- TRD aluminum alloy wheels
- Cue ball shifter
- K&N CAI
- Eagle Eye halo headlight
- Cab lights (look sick)
- "Don't Tread On Me" decal

*note: CAI and Headlights were gifts from the parents

Future mods
- Boss suspension lift - 3 inches
- Light Racing UCA's
- GoodYear Wrangler duratracs or MT/R's (285/70/17)
- Cab Mount Chop (CBC)
- N-Fab Tube front bumper
- XD monster or rockstar rims

Picture is the first day I got it
Attached Thumbnails
Highschool kid build-image.jpg  
Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
AsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant futureAsphaltCowboy has a brilliant future

current photo
7/1/14
Attached Thumbnails
Highschool kid build-image.jpg  
Old 05-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #3

Gonna order an Ultragauge sometime this week. I'll probably mount it next to the A-pillar. I start my summer job on June 2nd so I should be getting around to a lift around the end of June beginning of July. Then if I have enough money I'll try an get some 285/70/17 wrangler duratracs or MT/R's . Either that or I'll have to get some UCA's. Depends how weird the truck looks with my 265's on a lift. Any good budget UCA's that anyone recommends?
Old 05-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
TuRD TACO
DeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
DeSean Thick's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing UCAs are by far the most popular "cheap" aftermarket UCAs here. Usually around $350 to $450 I believe, depending on where you get them. You'll need to get them when you lift the truck. good luck with your build!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSean Thick View Post
Light Racing UCAs are by far the most popular "cheap" aftermarket UCAs here. Usually around $350 to $450 I believe, depending on where you get them. You'll need to get them when you lift the truck. good luck with your build!
Ok thanks man.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, nice to see another highschooler on here haha. I look forward to seeing you trick this thing out! Also I got duratracs and love em, but the mtr's look sick... both are good
Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasyota View Post
Hey, nice to see another highschooler on here haha. I look forward to seeing you trick this thing out! Also I got duratracs and love em, but the mtr's look sick... both are good
Yeah man I checked your truck and I loved it! It is nice to see another high schooler on here! You're much further along on your truck than me though! And I might go with MT/R's just because my friend just got duratracs and I want to be different haha
Old 05-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
TuRD TACO
DeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
DeSean Thick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy View Post
It is nice to see another high schooler

Enjoy it you little bastards
Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy View Post
Yeah man I checked your truck and I loved it! It is nice to see another high schooler on here! You're much further along on your truck than me though! And I might go with MT/R's just because my friend just got duratracs and I want to be different haha
Thanks man! Summer will be awesome cuz that means more money which means more modding You'll catch up real fast. Yeahhh the MT/Rs are just... so sexy
Old 05-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasyota View Post
Thanks man! Summer will be awesome cuz that means more money which means more modding You'll catch up real fast. Yeahhh the MT/Rs are just... so sexy
Agreed
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #11
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Subd ! Looks good. How'd you install cab lights? I'm not sure if I like those on a tacoma or not, big full size yes, tacoma not sure
Old 05-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #12
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, and check out "level 8" wheels by Google or on discount tire direct. They have some nice wheels, I may be ordering a set
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Subd ! Looks good. How'd you install cab lights? I'm not sure if I like those on a tacoma or not, big full size yes, tacoma not sure
I love em man. I'm the only one with them that I've seen. My friend said he mistakes me for a fullsize at night once. I don't know. They're definitely not for everyone. But to install them you basically measure where you want them drill a hole and connect all to one wire then run that to the park lights. You have to take the ceiling band stuff off but it's pretty easy. It took me about 2-3 hours.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #14

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would get smoked LED ones. I probably could wire them. I think of they were smaller in size they would look more proportional on the tacoma, but maybe, maybe not. Wish I had a hood scoop then I could have that glow amber or some cool color
Old 05-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #15

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Could you get some dusk pics with them on? I'm pretty interested in how they look now haha
Old 05-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Could you get some dusk pics with them on? I'm pretty interested in how they look now haha
I'm not in Colorado right now but I'll get some tomorrow if I remember! I thought they may have been to big at first but I've decided they look great! Oh if you do decide to do it. Put silicone around the screws and the holes your drilled so you don't get rust problems, plus that makes nearly impossible for water to get into the cab
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #17

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'd definitely silicone it a good amount. And thanks for pics! Get one from a distance if you can and close
Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Yeah, I'd definitely silicone it a good amount. And thanks for pics! Get one from a distance if you can and close
Will do. One thing I will say about the ones I have that may be better with other brands. I wish they were a little brighter.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #19

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, where did you get them?
Old 06-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Thanks, where did you get them?
Plasma glow I believe