Notices

Mud Grapplers

Old 06-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Hank Mania is on a distinguished road
Army: Paratrooper
Name: Hank
Hank Mania's Tacoma Gallery
Mud Grapplers

Just went over a year of ownership with my truck. So far besides some seat covers all I have done is a Pro Comp Level Kit and wheels and tires. She is sitting on 33x12.5 Mud Grapplers with 17" Method Fat Five.

I'm planning on upgrading the suspension one day. The UCA rubs against the coilover's spring on the passenger side if it cycles too low. Its a ear churner. My current goal right now is to re-gear her for less strain on the drive train. I'm thinking 4.88s.
Attached Thumbnails
Mud Grapplers-taco.jpg  
Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Your UCA is hitting the spring because of the spacer lift. If you look closely at full droop, your CV axle boot is probably close to, if not also hitting the LCA.

4.56 gears with 33's are the best bet. 4.88's are overkill - unless the plan is 35's some day, although 4.56's work with 35's also.

Can you hear yourself think with those Grapplers on the highway?