Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build

Old 06-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Shmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really nice

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
Shmellmopwho DCLB Build

This is how the truck sits as of 8/20/14

2013 DCLB TRD SPORT 4X4

Front Suspension:
-Icon extended travel coilovers
-Desert Products 1.25" Uniball UCA's
-Wheelers Superbumps

Rear Suspension:
-Icon 2.0 resi's
-Dakar Leaf Pack
-All-Pro U Bolt flip kit
-Wheelers Superbumps

Tires and Rims:
-Goodyear Duratracs 285/70/17 x5
-17" Method Double Standards x4
-Spare tire mounted on Stock spare steelie

Performance:
-Borla Muffler
-K&N CAI

Lighting:
-42" Hyperion Light bar (roof mounted Home made brackets)

Armor:
-Home made sliders (done)
-Home made front bumper (in the works)
-Home made high clearance rear bumper with tire swing out (in the works)
-Home made skids (in the works)

Recovery:
-Hi-Lift Extreme
-2"x20' Tow strap
-ARB 12v Air compressor
-ARB tire puncture kit

Camping/Extras:
-Home Made bed rack for RTT
-Tentsonarack RTT (out of Newport Beach CA)
-Whytner 65QT 12v fridge

Other Mods:
-Cab mount Chop
-Cut all fenders 2.5"

A few new pics from Kern River Camping 7/25 - 7/27/14

Some new photos and I got my home made sliders bolted on I cut my fenders for some more clearance and I like the look

Bought my truck in June of 2013. 2013 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4

After a week I put in a K&N intake and a Borla Muffler. I really like the sound.

I got bored and did a few little things to make the truck my own. Made a Center console Vault, Skull Shifter know, and Plasti dipped the badges and front emblem.

After about a year of being Stock I decided to get some goodies.

I ordered my Icon Coilovers, Rear Icon 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, desert products Uniball UCA's, 1.5" Icon AAL's, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs, 17" Method Double Standards.

How the truck looks as of 6/3/14.

Did the cab mount chop today since my tires were rubbing

Built my own sliders

Next is build and skids.

Thanks for checking it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2176.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_1961.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_1934.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2102.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2107.jpg  

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2059.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2126.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2186.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2206.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2247.jpg  

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2248.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2063.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2581.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2582.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-photo-3.jpg  

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-photo-2.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-photo-1.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-3.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-5.jpg  

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_2830.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_6276.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-img_6877.jpg  
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Super white DCLB with icons FTW!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
Shmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really nice

Heck yeah man. I love this truck. The Icons are such an incredible upgrade over stock! Super happy with it!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. I enjoy watching the people who make their own stuff.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #5
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome to TW and we need some more pics!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #6

Hey Large, thanks man I appreciate it. I love to make things, it's fun to do it and a lot cheaper too. Very gratifying when something you build turns out nice and is functional.

Thanks Teneighty! I will definitely get on posting more pics! Not a whole bunch of action shots yet but hopefully a couple wheelin trips in the near future will make for a nice photo op!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #7

Just added a few more pics of the truck and i finally bolted on my sliders that I made and I also recently cut the fenders 2.5". Not rubbing anymore when the front compresses and I also love the new look. Fenders inspired by Spoonman , MrGrimm, and Slimwood Shady.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
Derp.
JDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant future

Name: Justin
JDawg562's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I want Method Double Standards! I'm trying to save money on stuff I need rather than stuff I want right now...

I noticed you live in Torrance, I used to go to North Torrance High about 6 years ago.(wow I can't believe it's been 6 years lol) I still wandering around Torrance, Gardena and Lomita.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg562 View Post
Ah I want Method Double Standards! I'm trying to save money on stuff I need rather than stuff I want right now...

I noticed you live in Torrance, I used to go to North Torrance High about 6 years ago.(wow I can't believe it's been 6 years lol) I still wandering around Torrance, Gardena and Lomita.

Haha I love these wheels. I think they're super good looking. Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. Certain things that I want but I'm really tryin to focus on putting on the essentials first.

And yes I live in Torrance. How funny man, I graduated from West High 5 years ago now. I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I saw all these kids graduating and was like holy crap! That was me 5 years ago already!! Haha Very cool man. It's good to meet you.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
Derp.
JDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant future

lol yeah it's crazy man! Time flies. West high boooo lol (rivals) It might of been south high I can't remember...
Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg562 View Post
lol yeah it's crazy man! Time flies. West high boooo lol (rivals) It might of been south high I can't remember...
Haha yeah bro it sure does!! Totally feels like I was graduating the other day. Been outta the house for 4 years and working full time. Time to be an adult I guess lol. Haha I think all the torrance schools didn't like eachother but we all had friends at every school still haha.

By the way I checked out your build. Very nice truck! Id love to go long travel some day. I really love to go camping and stuff so I'm hoping to someday get my tacoma up to expedition standards.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Derp.

LMAO yeah. True.

Thanks man, yeah I found a used Total Chaos 3.5" LT kit here and wasn't planning on going long travel quite so early. My original plan was to keep it stock and save for a year or two. Then I saw the LT kit in the for sale sections and started PMing the seller. He took out the 3 way bypass shocks, bump stop, shock hoop to get it down to $2,100 shipped. I barley had enough I was stoked.
All of this Here.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #13

Thats awesome dude! It sure is hard to prioritize what your money goes towards when you're a guy and you just wanna play with your toys!!!! I wish I had more money to throw at my truck haha. I'm sure we all do! I'm still working on the whole money tree thing. Water it every day but the darn thing isnt growing.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #14

Recently added a new Hyperion 42" light bar. I like it. Very bright. Had to make some custom brackets for it that came out pretty decent. Also added an ARB air compressor and mounted under the hood. Truck is coming along. Fun Stuff!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-1.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-2.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-3.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #15
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, brackets look good
Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Nice, brackets look good

Thanks man. I Just grabbed a little 1/8" steel from my buddy's garage and just quickly welded a few pieces together and then sand blasted them at my uncles shop. As long as they work I'm cool haha. Thanks though.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You cut for 35s?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #18

Went this weekend to the Kern River in the Sequoia National Forest and did a little camping. Had a great time. There were a few really easy mellow little trails. Did some fishing and relaxing, was a great little weekend getaway.

Attached Thumbnails
Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-1.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-2.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-3.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-5.jpg   Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image.jpg  

Shmellmopwho DCLB Build-image-6.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #19
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Your Truck looks like mine lol, except mine is silver.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You cut for 35s?
I didn't cut for 35's, I was just still rubbing on the fenders when I would go over a huge dip or something. And I liked the look of the cut fenders. But some day in the future I may go 35's. The wife and I are looking into the roof top tents and 12v fridges right now. Trying to find some quality stuff for a good deal.