1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2012 Tacoma build up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by StuartMankin, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jul 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    StuartMankin

StuartMankin [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    Bluffton, SC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Offroad 4x4
    None at this time
    Ladies and gentlemen, I have been interested in buying a Tacoma for a very long time. On June 14, 2014, my wonderful wife decided to make this dream a reality. I now have a 2012 super white TRD off-road DCSB 4x4 Tacoma. I have a lot of projects and things I want to do to the truck but am still relatively new to the Tacoma. Obviously I want to go with a lift bigger tires and different rims. I'm thinking I want to go with the "storm trooper" themed idea and definitely black rims. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions that are out there. So please let me have it. Performance mods are a go as we'll. I have the 4.0 V6 with a 6 speed manual transmission.

The first mod I am doing is relocating the axle breather to either the gas cap or the tool box in the bed. Any suggestions on the location. I have already purchased enough material to complete this project in either location.

I will add pictures of the truck as I go. Thanks in advanced for any and all suggestions.

2. Jul 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    Tuctaco

Tuctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Katzkins, Redline hood struts, Pop & Lock,285/75/16 Toyo Open County ATll, 16X8 Konig Countersteer, Icon extended coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Icon progressive leaf pack, LR UCA's, extended brake lines,
    Look up diff breather in tail light. I personally like that location the best.

3. Jul 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    StuartMankin

StuartMankin [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    Bluffton, SC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Offroad 4x4
    None at this time
    Good advice, I haven't heard of it being relocated there but it makes sense. Either one I go with, If I get water up high enough in both of those places, I think I might end up fixing more than just the rear differential. Thanks for the advice.

Products Discussed in

To Top