Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

12TRDTacoma's "Accidental" build

Old 07-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
12TRDTacoma's "Accidental" build

This build happened on total accident after taking the truck out a couple of times to the dirt and realizing I wanted more out of it. I had no idea what that "more" was until I hit this point. I must say I'm pretty darn happy to with it and I really couldn't ask for a whole lot more at this point. It performs fantastically off-road for my purposes (Dirt running, Desert, and mild jumping) I will be changing out the bump stops soon to air bumps, but short of that I will be moving on to small mods like battery replacement, and relocation. Gusseting of key area's but that's it. (That's what I always say too)

Mods-

SHOW:
- Bruteforce Hybrid bumper
- SOS Concepts 3/16 IFS skid
- All black Grillcraft grille
- LED headlights
- LED DRL fog lights
- BAMF behind the grill full LED light bar setup
- 21" LED CREE lightbar externally mounted
- 16" Level 8 Guardian rims
- BFG A/T KO 265/75/16 tires
- Factor 55 Hitchlink w/ shackle attachment
- Relentless Fab T-Case skid

SUSPENSION (Go I guess you could say):
- Sway Away Non OE 2.0X6" stroke extended travel front RR coilovers (Valving: Compression 15 Rebound 10) aired to 290 PSI
- Fox 2.0 front air bumps (Currently aired to 290 PSI)
- 1.5" Deavers F85 AAL (Overload spring retained to achieve 2.25")
- Fox 2.0X10" stroke Remote Reservoir shocks (Factory Fox valving)
- Chevy Silverado polyfoam Bump stops relocated onto frame

MISCELLANEOUS (Complimentary Mods):
- Bed compartment lock box mod
- Trailer plug harness relocate
- 400W anytime inverter mod
- Aero Turbine 2525XL muffler
- Whip Antenna Bed Mount Bracket

To Do:
Rear 4" Air Bumps

After about 2 year's of owning the truck this is what it looks like today:

It originally started out as this in 2012:

The build slowly began with the addition of new LED light bars and a grille craft grille because I wanted better off road lighting:

Later on, I got a Bilstein Lift and fitted Non OE Fox 2.0X10's and Deaver F85 1.5" AAL's. Both shocks and leafs were originally meant for a 96-04 Tacoma and Tundra.

I went camping shortly after and it was a real bitch to put that bike up there (being a shorter guy sucks. Lol)

Shortly after that I decided to splurge and get some awesome Offroad All terrains and rims to accent the lift better:

Transition period when I decided I needed coilovers for the front in my life:

Enter these into the equation Sway-A-Way 2.0X6" extended travel strokers, of course they were originally not intended to fit the truck, so back to the build&fab process we go:

Top hat's finally received and mounted

Finally got in the lower extended rod ends and spherical bearing spacers

Stopping point (waiting for more parts)

Assembled!

Refilled with the 7Wt Synthetic fork oil (Bel Ray)

Mounted

Transitional period, finally decided to switch over to LED lighting

Wheeling at Hollister hills! Yet another transitional period where i reached a stopping point:

Factor 55 Hitchlink

Finally received this puppy:

Added the 21" CREE light bar on it

Then this a couple of weeks ago:

And finally, to finish off the missing piece (one which I also happened to bend before I received the Bruteforce Hybrid, this:

A mods overview video taken today (video will be live shortly):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlP...ature=youtu.be

An exhaust note clip which seemed to have gotten quite a bit of attention. I thought it wasn't all that good but I guess it was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRA_MA2xy_o
Old 07-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went to have some fun out in Hollister Hills yesterday. Took some video's, did some mild jumping. I wanted to get more air and probably could had no problem but geez, doing over 35MPH and still just a little air?! Insanity!

Rock Obstacle Course:

http://youtu.be/L3uwNyAyQGQ

Mild jump:

http://youtu.be/pLU6dog8KyU
Old 07-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Off the Meds Again...
wgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wgreenlee1021's Tacoma Gallery
That 4Runner looks like a monster!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
Mid Traveling

That's Keak's T4R. It's running 38" super swampers. That thing destroyed trails for breakfast yesterday, yet even with all of that it's got, he almost rolled it over yesterday!! :O
Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
pittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to behold
Name: kirk
pittsnogled's Tacoma Gallery
great stuff. like the wheels with the blue alot
Old 07-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/
Old 07-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Mid Traveling

I didn't know there was a builds section! Can the mods do me a favor and relocate this thread to the proper section?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
CalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura aboutCalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Roberto here are some more pics from yesterday.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
Mid Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTacoma09 View Post
Roberto here are some more pics from yesterday.

That third picture was scary as hell as it was happening!! Thanks John! Do you have them in a larger resolution?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
CalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura aboutCalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura about

yeah, I do. Trying to figure out how to get them on here in the full size.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #11
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Hey did anyone happen to loose their brakes john ??!! Haha
Looks like a good time hey roberto your truck is one of the cleanest builds really diggin it man
Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #13
Mid Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotas4life View Post
Hey did anyone happen to loose their brakes john ??!! Haha
Looks like a good time hey roberto your truck is one of the cleanest builds really diggin it man
Hey thank you Alex! It always does help when you have a fresh clean untouched slate to begin with I must say. I'll add more pics here to add to the build soon, after I get my air bumps welded on in the front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Seeing this build make me want to go with bronze wheels instead of black
What I love about them is that they are not too overly bronze, they are very soft shade of what is bronze, so it's very easy on the eye to accept the two different tones of colors. It breaks up the blue of the truck well.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Mid Traveling

Yeah there is way too much blue going on with these sport editions for sure.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #16
Mid Traveling

Just received some toys in the mail today these things are rock solid, I'm pending on getting them welded up for the moment.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #17
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Looks good
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #18

Roberto, I figured out the pics. Check them out now.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #19
Mid Traveling

Very nice John! Look at that third picture! Geez I was WAY off the ground!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #20
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Which fox bump stops did you go with?