Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

12TRDTacoma's "Accidental" build

Old 07-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
12TRDTacoma's "Accidental" build

Today:

What she looked like before at the last wheeling trip in September:

This build happened on total accident after taking the truck out a couple of times to the dirt and realizing I wanted more out of it. I had no idea what that "more" was until I hit this point. I must say I'm pretty darn happy to with it and I really couldn't ask for a whole lot more at this point. It performs fantastically off-road for my purposes (Dirt running, Desert, and mild jumping) I will be changing out the bump stops soon to air bumps, but short of that I will be moving on to small mods like battery replacement, and relocation. Gusseting of key area's but that's it. (That's what I always say too)

Mods-

SHOW:
- Bruteforce Hybrid bumper
- SOS Concepts 3/16 IFS skid
- All black Grillcraft grille
- LED headlights
- Raptor Grill LED light mod
- LED DRL fog lights
- BAMF behind the grill full LED light bar setup
- 21" LED CREE lightbar externally mounted
- 16X8.5 4.5 BS Level 8 Guardian rims
- BFG A/T KO 265/75/16 tires
- Factor 55 Hitchlink w/ shackle attachment
- Relentless Fab T-Case skid

SUSPENSION (Go I guess you could say):
Front
- Sway Away Non OE 2.0X6" stroke extended travel front RR coilovers Current valving: Compression 15 Rebound 10
(OE valving: Compression 10 Rebound 12) aired to 290 PSI
- Fox 2.0 2" stroke front air bumps (Currently aired to 290 PSI)
- Dirt King uniball UCA's
- Dirt King uniball LCA's
- SDHQ all rubber 930/934 style CV boots
- Bora Hubcentric/Lugcentic 2" wheel spacers
- Overall wheel travel allowed with setup: 11"

Rear
- 1.5" Deavers F85 AAL (Overload spring retained to achieve 2.25")
- Fox 2.0X10" stroke Remote Reservoir shocks (Factory Fox valving) BROKEN SHOCK
- Fox 2.0 3" stroke rear air bumps
- Total Chaos bolt on air bump mounting cans
- Bora 1" Hubcentric/Lugcentric wheel spacers
- Overall wheel travel allowed with setup: 10"

Pending: Fox revision model 2.0x10" stroke, 2.5 Remote Reservoir w/ DSC adjusters retrofit custom built shocks (Keeps pressure's more consistent, hold's more oil volume, and reduces cavitation due to the retention of the smaller hose, and the adjustability of the DSC's) 50 Compression (.10) 70 Rebound (.12) valving

MISCELLANEOUS (Complimentary Mods):
- Bed compartment lock box mod
- Trailer plug harness relocate
- 400W anytime inverter mod
- Aero Turbine 2525XL muffler
- Whip Antenna Bed Mount Bracket

To Do:
- Radiator bulkhead support reinforcement
- 4x4 Solid Spindles

All of these mods lets me do this for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAr...ature=youtu.be

After about 2 year's of owning the truck, I did this mod to the front end. Back in April:

It originally started out as this in 2012:

The build slowly began with the addition of new LED light bars and a grille craft grille because I wanted better off road lighting:

Later on, I got a Bilstein Lift and fitted Non OE Fox 2.0X10's and Deaver F85 1.5" AAL's. Both shocks and leafs were originally meant for a 96-04 Tacoma and Tundra.

I went camping shortly after and it was a real bitch to put that bike up there (being a shorter guy sucks. Lol)

Shortly after that I decided to splurge and get some awesome Offroad All terrains and rims to accent the lift better:

Transition period when I decided I needed coilovers for the front in my life:

Enter these into the equation Sway-A-Way 2.0X6" extended travel strokers, of course they were originally not intended to fit the truck, so back to the build&fab process we go:

Top hat's finally received and mounted

Finally got in the lower extended rod ends and spherical bearing spacers

Stopping point (waiting for more parts)

Assembled!

Refilled with the 7Wt Synthetic fork oil (Bel Ray)

Mounted

9/13/2014
Added new Dirt King UCA's and LCA's to complete the front

Total droop out (The sway bar was still limiting just a little bit more that the front is capable of drooping. It's now removed.)

Transitional period, finally decided to switch over to LED lighting

Wheeling at Hollister hills! Yet another transitional period where i reached a stopping point:

Factor 55 Hitchlink

Finally received this puppy:

Added the 21" CREE light bar on it

Then this a couple of weeks ago:

And finally, to finish off the missing piece (one which I also happened to bend before I received the Bruteforce Hybrid, this:

A mods overview video taken today (video will be live shortly):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlP...ature=youtu.be

An exhaust note clip which seemed to have gotten quite a bit of attention. I thought it wasn't all that good but I guess it was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRA_MA2xy_o
Old 07-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Off the Meds Again...
wgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwgreenlee1021 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wgreenlee1021's Tacoma Gallery
That 4Runner looks like a monster!
Old 07-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
pittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to beholdpittsnogled is a splendid one to behold

Name: kirk
pittsnogled's Tacoma Gallery
great stuff. like the wheels with the blue alot
Old 07-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/
Old 07-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
CalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I do. Trying to figure out how to get them on here in the full size.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #11
yotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to beholdyotas4life is a splendid one to behold

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Hey did anyone happen to loose their brakes john ??!! Haha
Looks like a good time hey roberto your truck is one of the cleanest builds really diggin it man
Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #13
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotas4life View Post
Hey did anyone happen to loose their brakes john ??!! Haha
Looks like a good time hey roberto your truck is one of the cleanest builds really diggin it man
Hey thank you Alex! It always does help when you have a fresh clean untouched slate to begin with I must say. I'll add more pics here to add to the build soon, after I get my air bumps welded on in the front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Seeing this build make me want to go with bronze wheels instead of black
What I love about them is that they are not too overly bronze, they are very soft shade of what is bronze, so it's very easy on the eye to accept the two different tones of colors. It breaks up the blue of the truck well.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #17
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Looks good
Old 07-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #18
CalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to beholdCalTacoma09 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Roberto, I figured out the pics. Check them out now.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #20
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Which fox bump stops did you go with?