Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ACEkraut's 2014 DCSB TRD Off Road in BLACK

Old 07-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #1
ACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
ACEkraut's Tacoma Gallery
ACEkraut's 2014 DCSB TRD Off Road in BLACK

Here is the way it came from the factory:

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed TRD Off Road

TACOMA DOUBLE CAB 4X4 V6

Model MSRP:* $27,885.00
Exterior Color: BLACK
Number of Cylinders: 6
Gasoline (City/Highway/Average): 16/21/18 mpg
Interior Color: GRAPHITE
Model: 7594
Year: 2014

Standard Equipment
MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
4.0L DOHC 24V V6 VVT-i 236HP Engine
16" Styld Steel Wheels, P245/75R16 Tires
Power-Assisted Fr Disc/Rr Drum Brakes
Var-Assist Power Rack-&-Pinion Steering
Outboard-Mounted Gas Shock Absorbers
Rear Leaf Spring Susp with Staggered
Coil-Spring Double Wishbone Front Susp
Automatic Limited-Slip Differential
Electronically Controlled Transfer Case
4WDemand: Part-Time 4x4 Sys w/ 2-speed
5-Speed ECT-i Automatic Transmission

SAFETY & CONVENIENCE
Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Side-impact Door Beams
All Pass Sts, Dr & Fr Pass Active Hdrest
Positions; Driver-Side ELR & ALR/ELR on
3-Point Seatbelts for All Seating
Seat-Mounted Side & Side Curtain Airbags
Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System
Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
& Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist,
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic
Stability Control, Traction Control,
Star Safety System- includes Vehicle

EXTERIOR
Deck Rail System w/4 Adj Tie-Down Cleats
Storage, Rail Caps & Removable Tailgate
SMC Inner Bed w/Steel Outer Panels,
Handles, Mirrors, Front/Rear Bumpers
Black Grille Insert, Blk Door

INTERIOR
Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel
USB, Aux Jack, Hands-Free Phone Capable
6.1" Touch-Screen, AM/FM CD, 6 Spkrs, BT
60/40 Split Rr Bench Seat w/ Adj Hdrests
Driver Seat w/ Adj Lumbar Support
Cloth Bucket Fr Seats w/ Pass Fold-Flat
Power Windows / Door Locks / Mirrors
Air Conditioning
Dual 12V Aux Power Outlets
2-Speed Windshield Wipers

Optional Equipment
Carpet Floor Mats & Door Sill Protector $195.00

Preferred Owner's Portfolio $0.00

Entune Audio Plus: Includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle $680.00
(6.1 in High Resolution Touch-screen Display, AM/FM CD
Player, MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Auxiliary Audio
Jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod Connectivity and Control,
Advanced Voice Recognition, Hands-free Phone Capability,
Phone Book Access and Music Streaming via Bluetooth
Wireless Technology), SiriusXM Radio with 90-day
Complimentary Trial, HD Radio, HD Traffic and Weather in
Major Metro Areas

50 State Emissions $0.00

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: Off-Road Tuned $3,425.00
Suspension w/ Bilstein Shocks, Elect Cntrl Locking Rear
Differential, 16" Alloy Wheels w/ P265/70R16 BFG Tires,
VSC+A-TRAC in place of Std. VSC+TRAC w/ HAC & DAC,
Engine Skid Plate, Fr Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck
Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Rmte Keyless Entry, Cruise Cntl,
Var. Speed Wipers, Chrome Grille Surround & Rr Bumper,
Color-Keyed Fr Bumper & Overfenders, Sliding Rear
Window w/ Privacy Glass, Sport Water-Resistant Seats w/
Dr Lumbar Support (Pass Side Fold Flat Feat Delete),
Metallic Tone Inst. Panel Trim, Leather-Trimmed Steering
Wheel w/ Audio Controls, Leather-Trimmed Shifter, Dual
Sunvisors w/ Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-Handle
Integrated Backup Camera, TRD Off-Road Graphics

V6 Tow Package for Off-Road Package: Class-IV Towing $650.00
Receiver Hitch, Transmission (Automatic Transmission
Only) Oil Cooler, Engine Oil Cooler, 130A Alternator, Heavy
Duty Battery, 7-Pin Connector w/Converter, and Trailer
Sway Control

Front Skid Plate $205.00

Wheel Locks (Alloy) $73.00

Spare Tire Lock $81.00

7 Pin to 4 Pin Adapter $13.00

Total Optional Equipment $5,322.00
Vehicle Base Model $27,885.00
Delivery Processing & Handling $860.00

Total MSRP $34,067.00
Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
shiny!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
now mod the thing
Old 07-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #4
ACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shedACEkraut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
First Step: Clean-Up

To be kind to myself I would say that I am a little particular about cleaning my vehicles. I very specifically asked the dealership not to clean up anything inside or out. They had to remove the plastic to make sure the vehicle had no damage but after that it was up to me.

The vehicle was purchased on a Wednesday late in the evening. The next morning I used Adams Quick Detailing Spray to get the truck looking half way decent. The first day that I had time to spend cleaning the truck up right was the following Sunday. After 6 hours here are the results of my efforts.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
now mod the thing
What a slippery slope! Owning a MINI has taught me the hard way to research first and choose carefully. So I am spending quite a bit of time on this forum learning from others who have been there and done that. The mods, they shall come!

Old 07-23-2014, 02:41 AM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEkraut View Post
What a slippery slope! Owning a MINI has taught me the hard way to research first and choose carefully. So I am spending quite a bit of time on this forum learning from others who have been there and done that. The mods, they shall come!

oh you dont know how slippery

check urdusa.com (its a candy store for us)

as well as

http://www.xr-underground.com/

~Brock
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
oh you dont know how slippery

check urdusa.com (its a candy store for us)

as well as

http://www.xr-underground.com/

~Brock
Thanks for the links. I will bookmark them and check them out.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
New addition to the truck. No holes front license plate bracket. Here is a pic.....

And here is a link to how it was done:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-bracket.html
Old 09-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
Highboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud ofHighboy90 has much to be proud of

Highboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. Love the color! My last black paint was on a Harley. Took enough time to keep her looking better than new. Not that ambitious on a daily driver. Does look sweet though.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highboy90 View Post
Very nice. Love the color! My last black paint was on a Harley. Took enough time to keep her looking better than new. Not that ambitious on a daily driver. Does look sweet though.
Agreed! Thanks for the compliment.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #11
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Black... Nice
Old 09-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #12
james Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant future

Name: james
james Daniel's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 09-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by james Daniel View Post
looks good
Thanks!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
I have been a bit slow in posting mods done to the truck so I am going to try to get caught up a bit.

The first mod done to the truck was adding a double USB plug.

A bed extender was added.

I made my own no holes front plate bracket. Here is the thread I started with all the details.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-bracket.html

Bought a tent and air mattress.

Added an Ultraguage.

Made my own center console divider.

Installed a OEM Bedliner.

I added some "D" rings to the bed but have not taken any pics yet.

And I am working on adapting the engine bay fuse panel from a Land Rover Discovery II to mount into the engine bay of the Tacoma. I need to start a new thread about the process but here is a teaser pic.

And a few "fun" pics.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #15
Future mods:

A bit far into the future I will look at possibly some suspension modifications but right now I will not mess with the warranty until the bumper to bumper warranty has run out. I have another plow truck but that truck will not last too long so at one point I will install a plow.

I have all the parts to install some bed lights and some hood lights. I also have some additional "D" rings that will be installed. I think the lighting inside the Tacoma could be improved upon and I have all the bits and pieces to complete that task, though I am not sure if it will happen before the cold weather REALLY sets in.

I will need to purchase some black Weathertech FloorLiner DigitalFit mats soon before the winter snows come a calling. A grille modification will be in the works at one point. I would like to figure out a way to add power to opening the rear window as well. I think the truck should have come with an outside temp gauge so some research into what will work and look good is in order. I will install puddle lights on all four doors, and maybe even install the logo lights if I can find some that I really like. The Redline hood supports are in the works. And if I don't stop exploring this forum I am sure the list will get longer.