Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

EquinsuOcha's "Project: Retro"

Old 04-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
EquinsuOcha's "Project: Retro"

"Project: Retro" will be everything Marty McFly would love if he drove a 2007 Tacoma.

Here it is bone stock, about a week after I bought it:

I took off the mudflaps, removed pinstripe, debadged, added TRD Off Road wheels:

Then added a TRD Sport Grille and Devil Horns emblem and Toyota skidplate:

Then came the shorty antenna, Toytec front spacers and rear leaf TSB:
(Before)

(After)

And then the stereo hooked up to the factory headunit via a MTX ReQ:

MA Audio tweets

MA Audio 6.5" drivers with TacoTunes adapters:

MA Audio 6.5" Midbass drivers in the rear suicide doors with TacoTunes adapters:

I built this sub box myself, copying a design I found on the interweb, and had it covered by Car Toys:

Elemental Designs 7Kv.2 sub. It hits HARD for its size:

Hifonics Zeus 400 watt, 4 Ch mids and highs amp:

Elemental Designs 200 watt, 2 Ch sub amp:

Just recently I found a shift knob out of a Ford Mustang that I made fit:

I slipped on a nylon spacer to make the shift boot meet the bottom of the shift knob:

And stuck a regular old washer onto the bottom of the shift knob with some JB Weld to help cover the unsightly plastic holes in the chrome trim ring:

And I got some Putco vent visors from Neontrail:

Painted and partially re-badged my tailgate, with Sockmonkey decal:

Another Sockmonkey decal:

No recently told me about a Honda S2000 antenna mod. Detailed install found here:

to be continued...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Loooking good! are you going for a whiteout look?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
HELL YEA Casey!!! VERy nice work in progress !

Cant wait to see whats next
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayet_10 View Post
Loooking good! are you going for a whiteout look?
Kind of. I'm not so much whiting things out as I am trying to get rid of all the chrome.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
HELL YEA Casey!!! VERy nice work in progress !

Cant wait to see whats next
(whispers) Wheels that are not Toyota wheels, nor are they meant to be on a Tacoma...
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm digging the white badges.

Anybody got a write up on how to remove the seats?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #11
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is looking good! I really like the route you took on the audio.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I'm digging the white badges.

Anybody got a write up on how to remove the seats?
All you do is remove the 4 bolts holding them down to the floor(either 14 or 17mm I think) and then there is most likely a wire harness that needs to be unplugged from underneath too. Very easy to take them out- 5min each, tops.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #13
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Looking good bro!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome so far man!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of this truck!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! good job bro!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Bourbon

Thanks to all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter379 View Post
Whats up with the top secret wheel project?
Well...it's Top Secret. I was planning to reveal it at the meet in May, but I'm still waiting on my Spidertrax spacers to get here. They won't be mailed until May 8th. So I guess it'll have to be an Interweb reveal.