Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Turtle Pace L/t build

Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
txmxer is on a distinguished road
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
My Turtle Pace L/t build

PICTURE HEAVY:

Making this build thread to keep track of the mods I do to my new to me truck. Turtle Pace because this may take a while...

I started out with the family double cab and ran that with a midtravel set up until just recently. Sold that truck and got this double cab about a week ago with a total chaos 3.5 kit already installed, and a lot of maintenance needed. Heres how the trucks started out:

First thing I did was buy a set of kmc enduros with tires off craigslist and remove the stock beat up bumper.

Picked up these parts today 8/10/14: Fox coilovers to replace the saws, and a nice better condition bumper from eyesurf2611...couldnt resist picking up these led bars from eyesurf2611 too (thanks again!)

Future Plans for the truck:

Mount Bumper
Get bumper caps and paint them
Replace upper and lower uniballs
Swap out coilovers
Tow Hitch

Repaint front fiberglass
Rear Sua tied into a space saver bedcage
Prerunner Bumper
Fiberglass Bedsides

Bhlm
Window tint
Wet okoles
Old 08-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Got the left side apart today, took off the upper and lower control arms, threw some paint on the frame, and got everything apart.

Figured I should do it right and pop on some new bushings too... Hope to have the left side all bolted up tomorrow with new bushings, uniballs, and the fox 2.5s and the right side most of the way done as well.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Havent updated but Ive had the truck a little over a week now and I finally got the front end finished up with some frame paint, new upper/lower uniballs and lower misalignments (huge thanks to Chris at BBM Offraod), new bushings, and installed a set of fox 2.5 coilovers. The longest part was cleaning up the rust and painting the frame.

Truck is currently at the alignment shop getting an alignment and a new outer tie rod. The passenger side tie rod was seized and wouldnt budge so the tie rod puller ended up warping the threads beyond repair.

The old bushings:

Chris at BBM making me some misalignment spacers, highly recommend BBM. Chris is very knowledgeable and can get you uniball bearings and misalignments.

Finished product:

Cleaned up some rust:

Heres the front end when I got the truck:

and with some of the work I put into it:

and how it currently sits :
Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
Starting to look pretty good man! Are those KMC Enduros?
Thanks I appreciate it! It took a lot of work and started to feel a little pressure since im leaving for a 1500 mile drive on monday. But yes they're kmc enduros, I got a pretty good deal on the wheels with tires on craigslist, just need the center caps.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man!

Little update: got this double din in the mail from another tacomaworld member so I did an install today:

Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
Happysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shedHappysmiley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabien
Happysmiley's Tacoma Gallery
I would cycle the kit to check full bump with those fox coilovers using that same coil bucket top shock mount off the swayaways.

The fox shocks are longer fully collapsed and you don't want your shocks to be your bump stops, for both the shocks and your coilbuckets/frames sake.

Extended/collapsed length on those Fox's - 24/16.08
Extended/collapsed length on the SAW's - 22.9/14.37
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #9
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-21-2014, 04:26 AM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiley View Post
I would cycle the kit to check full bump with those fox coilovers using that same coil bucket top shock mount off the swayaways.

The fox shocks are longer fully collapsed and you don't want your shocks to be your bump stops, for both the shocks and your coilbuckets/frames sake.

Extended/collapsed length on those Fox's - 24/16.08
Extended/collapsed length on the SAW's - 22.9/14.37
Yeah I think youre right, I need to get the top hats for the fox coilovers, I was in a crunch for time so I reused the saw ones I had.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a little update, drove out to el paso, texas to pick up a dtf bumper from a member on here...

My parents driving the truck behind the uhaul I used to move into my new place
Old 08-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Shitty little updated picture, really wish I had the rear set up right now, will probably only change minor things like the tophats for the coilovers, maybe rear spacers, and small stuff like that.

Once I take the truck back to California later in the year, the coilovers will get a revalve, and I'll get the rear set up with sua or just say screw load capacity and go linked