Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ChandlerDOOM Build Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
ChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
ChandlerDOOM's Tacoma Gallery
ChandlerDOOM Build Thread

Because tacoma

IMG_0814 by coe.chandler, on Flickr

2014 DCSB Silver Sky
TRD Offroad w/locker

So far this is what I have done:

- weathertech liners
- weathertech window visors
- 20% Tint on front windows
- Pop n Lock
- Softtopper
- SCS F5s Matte Gray 3.5bs
- 285/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT
- Icon stage 2 Lift
- Volant intake w/ intake scoop
-Pelfreybilt aluminum front bumper
-Pelfreybilt aluminum skid plates, minus gas tank skid
-Ridgid dulleys
-4xInnovations sliders
-Rearseat platform with ARB 50qt fridge
-Prinsu Rack
-Rotopax 2gallon (x2)
-Tred traction ramps
-4xInnovations flush bed bars

What I've ordered:

- Allpro UCAs (waiting for winter to pass before installing, road salt)

What's on the list to buy now:

- Salex organizer, not sure why I haven't just bought this yet
- 110 power for the inside the cab
Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
ChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedChandlerDOOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Just a little update, I ended up receiving my wheels and tires. Got them mounted and balanced and threw them on my 4Runner for a little bit.

I finally figured out what lift I wanted, ended up with stage 2 Icon, should have just got stage 3 so I would already have my UCAs done and over with.

Bought a Softtopper and pop n lock with my order so those were put on aswell.

I have to head down to AL for a re class school for the Guard for 2 months in the beginning of the year so I plan on finally being able to take the truck out on the weekends and do some wheeling. With that in mind I need to get the truck ready.

So what I have in the works so far is Sliders, Rear bumper (maybe), Skids, RTT, and a fridge. What it will eventually come down to is the money tree. Sliders and Skids are a must
Old 10-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Clean truck! What part of AL? And what unit with the guard?
Old 10-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #4

Army:
I'll be going to Mother Rucker, and 106 Avation out of IL. Ive been doing a little research to see where I all want to go while I am there. If you have any suggestions feel free
Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

Army:
Well got in on the AllPro UCA group buy, so got that paid for today. Should have my seat covers when I come home this Friday.

I can't stop buying things, I'm actually worried how much I will spend when Black Friday sales kick off.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
BKJ0E is a name known to allBKJ0E is a name known to allBKJ0E is a name known to allBKJ0E is a name known to allBKJ0E is a name known to allBKJ0E is a name known to all

Army: Cool Guy
Name: Joe
BKJ0E's Tacoma Gallery
Dope! I wanna trade my 05 for a Silver Sky 2014
Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #7

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKJ0E View Post
Dope! I wanna trade my 05 for a Silver Sky 2014
Do it, the new silver is much better and you get the newer front end
Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #8

Army:
Well I came home for the weekend so I got to take care of some stuff. installed Wet Okola seat covers in dark charcoal with black piping, also hit 15k so I did that service, not bad for a truck bought late July

Old 10-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #9

Army:
Well decided to order a full set of aluminum skids from pelfreybilt, gonna have them shipped with the bumper.

After Christmas I am going to head to Colorado and MOAB for a couple of days so hopefully these sales start happening soon cause I'm going to need a bunch of stuff before I take off
Old 10-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
Shmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck dude. I have the icon stage 2 and I love it. Great choice man.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #11

Army:
Small update, got my spare wheel ordered from Vin at SCS wheels. Planning on getting my cab mount chop done after thanksgiving so 35s will follow soon after.

Still waiting to here back from a couple of people to order some more parts....

Old 11-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #12

Army:
Well another update. Ordered my roof rack from Prinsu and sliders from 4xInnovations

Also ordering my RTT and ARB fridge tomorrow along with some other crap.

I'll be driving home tomorrow afte work from ND-IL so I'm curious how these tires will do on the drive, depending on what happens 35s will be in the near future maybe ko2s

And I finally sold the 4Runner, she will be missed

Old 01-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #13

Army:
Some random pictures around town, ignore bad lighting *might fix later

IMG_0427 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
IMG_0414 by coe.chandler, on Flickr

Mounted the Prinsu rack, this just shows how i made my holes for the bolts for a cleaner look.

IMG_0394 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
IMG_0395 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #14

Army:
So prepping for my trip I had to install my bumper, skid plates, and fridge. Did I say I had a whole day to do this? lol.

So first thing I did was install my bumper, followed by skid plates. I didn't realize that I had to drill 2 holes for the transfer skid so I decided not to install since I needed to spend time on other stuff. No pictures, plus you'll see plenty of the bumper

Next I put together a platform for the fridge since I forgot to buy a tie down kit, so I had to use the actual mounts under the fridge. Pretty simple 1 2ftx4ft board with hardware using the seat hinges, and longer bolts to mount the fridge. No time to hardwire, so I just used the 12v

IMG_0474 by coe.chandler, on Flickr

IMG_0473 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
Old 01-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #15

Army:
My RTT setup

So I stumbled across another user (blank, I'm sorry) and noticed that he had a RTT under his softopper and knew that was exactly what I wanted. Only had a couple of issues he had a long bed, a besttop(pivot mounts on top or rails instead of inside bed), and a smaller tent than what I ordered. So I had everything going against me

So without knowing I got all the stuff to make it happen and hope for the best, worst case I could just put the RTT on the roof (which I didn't want to do while traveling to save on some MPG)

1 short bed taco
2 4xInnovations flush bed bars (could probably use 1.5 rise bars)
1 softopper
1 RTT, in my case Ruggedized Autana

Heres how its all set up, oh and all by yourself. Two people make it easier but honestly the other person just gets in the way most of the time.

This is the bed bare, the softopper tracks mount over the cross bars. Excuse the unpainted bars and messy garage (moving/cleaning up)
IMG_0942 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
How I get it up, I use that sled to push it around the garage
IMG_0941 by coe.chandler, on FlickrIMG_0940 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
Heres how it looks up on the bars, you'll notice my rear window for the softopper. I unbolted the rear track and slipped the window part in between to keep the rear of the softopper in place since the velcro always comes apart and just flaps in the wind. So the rear window just stays there and I just do or undo the velcro
IMG_0938 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
So here it is with the softopper on and clearance from the mounts, and yes the travel cover isn't zipped since the zipper wanted to break my first night outIMG_0936 by coe.chandler, on FlickrIMG_0935 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
And the how it looks with everything tucked away, the back bulges a little. You can still zip it but usually I just put the bar down and the bottom velcro if I'm using it every day.
IMG_0933 by coe.chandler, on Flickr

So set up is take softopper off by un doing velcro for rear window, two pins for pivot, unbutton, and take the softopper off the truck. After that you can open the RTT how you please. The softopper I usually just store under the RTT if possible, or on the non folding side of the RTT (you'll see in later pictures)
Old 01-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #16

Army:
CO/UT trip
Old 01-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
zscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zscott's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDOOM View Post
Some random pictures around town, ignore bad lighting *might fix later

IMG_0427 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
IMG_0414 by coe.chandler, on Flickr

Mounted the Prinsu rack, this just shows how i made my holes for the bolts for a cleaner look.

IMG_0394 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
IMG_0395 by coe.chandler, on Flickr
Couldn't tell what you did for the final product on this so mybe you already did what I am suggesting but you will want the aluminum spacer standoffs resting on the roof itself not on the weather stripping. So your hole should be large enough for the bolt and the spacer to pass through.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #18

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zscott View Post
Couldn't tell what you did for the final product on this so mybe you already did what I am suggesting but you will want the aluminum spacer standoffs resting on the roof itself not on the weather stripping. So your hole should be large enough for the bolt and the spacer to pass through.
Yeah I grabbed a bit to match the size, but it should be center when I make the larger hole. All the rack holds right now is rotopax and traction ramps.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #19
zscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zscott's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Looks clean. Can't wait to see more updates to the build.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #20
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about low profile bed bars and the softopper over it. cool to see that it actually works.

similar fridge mount too.