Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Oregon State Edition Build

Old 08-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
My Oregon State Edition Build

I've seen so many others build pages I decided I should finally start one myself, even if it ain't much. I purchased my 2008 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB in 2011 with a Leer canopy and about 20k miles on it... It's now Aug 2014 and I'm over 91k miles. I get around.
I'd love comments, questions, and recommendations. Thanks in advance for any compliments or help as this build slowly moves forward!

Exterior Mods:
Plasti-dipped wheels and badges. Removed
New grill, color matched.
K&N Air Filter
Debadged and added custom TRD Oregon State Decals from Ghost GraphiX
Smoked tail lights and 3rd brake light with tint paint.
Toolbox with bedliner.
3 inch Pro Comp lift- New coils, shocks, and AAL.
Sanded, rust reformed, and painted frame.
Removed mud flaps.
LED hood lights with in cab switch.
25% tint around with visor.
Piercedtiger's Anytime Fog light and DTRL mods.
Removed fender flares and filled holes with black painted carriage bolts and rubber washers to seal.
886 bulbs for Reverse Lights.
Ballistic Jester 17x9 rims with 4.5 backspace and -12mm offset.
265/70R/17 General Grabber AT2 tires.
Removed sway-bar.
Installed back up camera and 7 inch screen where the sunglasses holder was. Camera on switch to be auto in reverse or on anytime.

Interior Mods:
LEDs map and dome lights
Orange and Black painted interior
Bowie knife mounted under steering wheel
Center console organizer from Amazon
7 inch screen for back up camera
Pioneer FH-X700BT stereo
Custom fit floormats

Here's my 7 inch screen placement:

Mods Soon to Occur:
Rear diff breather relocate
Bed-line rocker panels
LED in hood scoop
LEDs in interior (cup holders, etc) thanks to RAPR giving me the urge to do that.
Bed lights

Mods I'm Dreaming About:
Front plate or possibly hybrid bumper
Rear plate bumper
ARB air lockers
Supercharger and TCAI

Story Time....
I mostly ran it stock through 2011-beginning of 2013, being a college student with very little extra time or money.
My first mod came in April 2013 when I discovered the magic of Plast-dip. I'd never heard of it before and it seemed like a fun thing to mess with so i dipped all my badges and tires and instantly became the hit among my friends. I also purchased a new grill and dipped that. That ended up getting replaced in a couple months due to an accident. I bought a replacement grill, same kind, and during the repairs on my truck the repair guy surprised me by color matching it to my truck. Saved me the trouble!
First plasti-dip experience:

Accident:

After with color matched grill:

In the meantime I was also experimenting with trying to create my own Oregon State logo painted on the tailgate. Didn't really turn out the way I wanted to I ended up removing it and buying an actual logo to stick on there.

How it Stands Now:

Come August 2013 my wife and I packed up and moved from Utah where we'd been attending school and came to Arkansas, where she is from. Obviously I'm from Oregon... Corvallis area, incase you couldn't tell.
Out in Arkansas, the real fun began.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to Arkansas and found a nice creek to go visit.
Still no lift or anything. Wasn't even on Tacoma World yet.
By December I'd finally gotten around to getting everything registered in Arkansas with my custom license plate.
Somewhere in there I smoke tinted my back lights. Also added a tool box from Tractor Supply Co and bedlined it black with some basic bed line spray paint.
By the beginning of 2014 I'd started lurking on TacomaWorld as a guest, getting ideas and following write ups to do little things on my truck. April I finally got my wish and lifted my truck- Pro Comp 3 inch lift (not spacers or blocks) with new coils and AAL. I'll admit it is a little stiff, but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Do I wish I'd had a little more money to spend on a better lift? Yeah.. Would have been nice, but this is working great for me right now and gives me the ability to get more places off road.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Oregon State Edition

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Still updating....

One weekend I decided to get a new exhaust. I had painted my stock exhaust black with high temp paint, but decided I wanted a deeper sound. I got a Flowmaster 40 series I think, and had the pipe cut and angled down before the rear axle.
Next i removed my interior trim around the gauges, the tweeter speakers, and the vents and AC controls and proceeded to paint them Orange and Black. I plan on removing my center console soon to paint it black with orange trim as well.

I also installed two LED strips under my hood and wired them to a switch in the cab. Most people put the switch in the engine bay, but I figured I have to pop the hood from inside the cab, so my switch might as well be in there too.

Not long after my wife went into labor and mods got put on hold. We now have a beautiful little girl and she loves riding in the truck and the flowmaster puts her right to sleep.
I'll post more as soon as I can.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Coming alone nicely! Keep it up!

Let us know if you ever have any questions we might be able to help you out with.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Oregon State Edition

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you! I sure do love your bumpers! Just got to get the money for one
Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGMann View Post
Thank you! I sure do love your bumpers! Just got to get the money for one
Thanks! We are always here to help. Just remember while you're saving up some change that we do not charge a sales tax either saving you even more
Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Oregon State Edition

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Some more pictures

Rear view camera install:

Works perfectly, and best part is it all cost about $50!!

Before I got my new rims and wheels..