Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

College/Dental School build

Old 09-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
northwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
northwesttaco's Tacoma Gallery
College/Dental School build

Well I have now owned my Tacoma for just over a year and finally got to this. It is mainly to track my maintenance since I am pretty much done modding, hopefully I have pictures from every stage..

I am currently a Sophomore in College but will be going to dental school so im not planning on doing anything major with this one, but once i'm out then Ill get a new tacoma and go all out.

So story starts: My first vehicle was a 1998 Toyota t100 extra cab 3.4l that my dad bought new and moved across country in. Started driving it on our road when I was 9. Loved that truck and had it through high school, and sold it with 158,xxx miles. Why? Because my uncle was selling his 2007 Tacoma with 98k miles and was in PRISTINE condition. That thing never touched a gravel/dirt road until I got it.

*Originally had 4 but then 2 had moisture in them, called company and sent 4 new ones since the style has changed, never asked for the others back so now I have 8
Current as of 11/14/14

Current as of 11/8/14

Current as of 9/12/14. BBQ at Gallagher Head Lake

Current as of 9/5/14

MODS:

Interior:
Ultragauge
Weather Techs

Exterior:
Snugtop XTR
Nfab light bar
Removed Factory Running boards
Plasti-dipped wheels
Plasti-dipped Badges
Tinted front windows to match (20%)
1/2" horse mat in bed to keep things from rolling around
Costco LED lights as under rail LED lighting
Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers
Deflapped the front

Suspension:
Icon 3 leaf AAL (Removed)
Toytec 1 inch block (Removed)
Dakar full spring pack
Bilstein 5125 rear shocks
Bilstein 5100 fronts set to 1.75 (stock coils)

Lighting:
8 LED Pods (4 spot 4 flood)*
Costco LED under rail lighting
Ebay Switches that fit into OEM slots

Tires:
265/75/16 Toyo Mt

Future mods:
Put 4 pods as rock lights
Rigid 20 inch bar
Ill think of stuff but it won't be big.

Maintenance:
Bought 8/8/13 98k miles
Oil Change 102,532 miles
Oil Change 104,359 miles
Oil Change 108,849 miles
Oil Change 112,316 miles
Icon AAL 113,526 miles
Replacement Trailer hitch Plug 114,214 miles
Bilstein/block install 114,416 miles
Alignment 114,424
Spidertrax Install 114,487
Tire rotation 114,726 miles
Oil Change/Cabin Air filter change 117,657
Tire rotation 118,332
Dakar/extended brake lines installed 118,580

First picture I can find right now of it is after I added the snugtop xtr and tinted the windows

Then new tires, dipped the emplems and took off the running boards

Took it up in the snow. Doesn't look like much but its about 6-8 inches deep.

Added the Nfab light bar with LED Pods

Got the Relentless Fab brackets from the GP on here (Highly recommend them)

Took a load of food and what not to Darrington after the big mudslide

Added the under rail LED lighting and went up to the pass. Really bad picture but shows a little of the lighting and 8 inches of snow fell within 4 hours while I was on the slopes.

Went on a TW meet up to Gallagher Head lake and got some flex with all stock suspension.

Added the Icon AAL before and after:

Dipped the wheels

Added the rear block, and bilsteins all around.

Added Spidertrax wheel spacers
Old 09-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Don't Do Meth
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
northwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Looks sweet!
Thanks! Not to much but better than nothing
Old 09-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, nice start!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! college student truck funds no bueno
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post
Looks good man! college student truck funds no bueno
no bueno indeed. Like your front bumper though!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesttaco View Post
no bueno indeed. Like your front bumper though!
Thanks! Its from pelfreybilt
Old 09-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks! Its from pelfreybilt
Kinda wish I had funds for that, but at the same time I don't wheel hard enough where I NEED it so I am fine without one for now.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #9
Quote:
Kinda wish I had funds for that, but at the same time I don't wheel hard enough where I NEED it so I am fine without one for now.
I picked it up from another member so I got it a bit cheaper.

Do you have any pics head on of the roof bar?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #10

Quote:
I picked it up from another member so I got it a bit cheaper.

Do you have any pics head on of the roof bar?
with the light on i'd assume? and night or day?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
Quote:
with the light on i'd assume?
nah, i just want to see how it compares to the 50" on brackets rather than mounted to a a factory roof rack
Old 09-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #12

It is a little off centered and bugs the hell out of me just because I am anal about everything being centered and all. But doesn't make a difference at night with it on, and you can't tell unless you really look at each side.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
Quote:
It is a little off centered and bugs the hell out of me just because I am anal about everything being centered and all. But doesn't make a difference at night with it on, and you can't tell unless you really look at each side.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #14

No problem! I would have to see a 50 inch in person to see how much it hangs out but I think if I had to do it over I would go with the 50.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Im surprised I haven't seen your truck before! I'm glad there is another young guy around here on tacomaworld (Bothell)
Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds Toyota View Post
Im surprised I haven't seen your truck before! I'm glad there is another young guy around here on tacomaworld (Bothell)
Yeah I haven't seen you either! I go to school at UW Bothell too haha
Old 09-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I haven't seen you either! I go to school at UW Bothell too haha
NO way! I go to UW Bothell too haha. What days do you go? Im there tues/thurs and park all the way up top because I don't want people hitting my doors

sweet truck btw
Old 09-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds Toyota View Post
NO way! I go to UW Bothell too haha. What days do you go? Im there tues/thurs and park all the way up top because I don't want people hitting my doors

sweet truck btw
haha no way!? I try to park at that first little parking lot in front of the parking garage, much quicker to get out. I used to park up top but then one day as I was driving out some rich kid in a brand new BMW M3 just slammed it in reverse out of his parking space without even looking.. Luckily I swerved and missed him but it was to close.

This quarter I will be there Mon-Thurs from 8:45am til about 1pm or so, tuesday I get out at 3.

Are you there mornings or evenings? And thanks! I don't usually like to many access cabs but yours is one of few that is really well built
Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #19
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of lightbar do u have on the roof? brand, size, price, and hardware? I'm dying to get one for my truck but idk if the roof rack is in the way.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTaco06 View Post
what kind of lightbar do u have on the roof? brand, size, price, and hardware? I'm dying to get one for my truck but idk if the roof rack is in the way.
I got it from Relentless Fab with their Rampage 42inch radius bar. I had to drill through the rubber liner on the roof to get into the 2 factory holes, I believe its 2 10mm bolts. I love the light output and all but as a daily driver it may be a little much. Just make sure and wait because they are redoing the brackets to a better/stronger design. Great service and highly recommend them

Since I got it on the group buy with 20% off I think it came to about $475-$500 total. Pretty good price still without the discount.