Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MJS's SuperWhite DCSB Build Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
Taco Time
MJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MJS's Tacoma Gallery
MJS's SuperWhite DCSB Build Thread

Wanted to start a build thread mainly to help me keep track of everything

I'll come clean my daily driver is a Passat TDI...45MPG enough said. When I bought that car in early 2013, it led to my old '09 Chevy Silverado 2WD sitting in the garage most of the time, except when I need to haul something or take the boat out. I decided my second vehicle should be much less practical than my daily driver - and I knew that Tacoma was a great platform for modding.

Traded in the Silverado (it was my third Silverado) on this Tacoma in January 2014. The truck came with a spacer lift and the Duratracs on Raceline 16s. Someone had aired up the tires to ~60psi so the truck drove very squirrely and was below true-car price by a few grand. Easy fix was to lower the pressure to 30psi...instant fix.

Pic how it came from the used car lot with 45k miles on it:

Current Pictures:

TW Houston BS Meetup at San Luis Pass ^

On the bottom of Lake Travis near Lago Vista, TX ^

As of January ,3rd 2015, this is what's on the truck:

Suspension / Lift
  • Icon Extended Travel 2.5" with 700# Springs
  • Desert Products boxed uniball UCAs
  • OME Dakars
  • Bilstein 5100 RCD 3-4" lift shocks
  • All-Pro U-bolt flip
  • Timbren bumpstops front and rear
  • Sway Bar Delete
  • All-Pro spindle gussets (Awaiting Install)
Drivetrain / Engine / Brakes / Wheels and Tires
  • Goodyear Duratrac 265/75R16s on Raceline Wheels (came on the truck)
  • AFE Pro-Dry S Filter
  • OME Carrier Bearing Shim
  • All-Pro Stainless Rear Brake Lines
  • EBC Stage 3 Front Brake kit (Dimpled/Slotted rotors, pads)
  • ARB CMKA12 Air Compressor and Air Locker Wiring Harness, Air-up Kit
Armor / Recovery
  • All-Pro APEX front plate bumper with full hoops (powdercoated at All-Pro)
  • All-Pro standard duty weld-on rock sliders with APEX filler plates (powdercoated locally)
  • Armor Tech Off Road IFS Skid (slight trimming to work with APEX bumper)
  • Armor Tech Off Road Transmission Skid (hardware mod - brass nuts)
  • Armor Tech Off Road Lower Control Arm Skids (hardware mod - brass nuts)
  • Smittybilt X2O 8,000lb Winch with synthetic line (custom wiring extensions, solenoid box inside bumper)
  • Smittybilt rear recovery clevis in receiver hitch
  • Warn winch accessory kit
Lighting / Other Outside Accessories
  • Vivid Illumination 39" Spot Pattern Light Bar (60 LED)
  • OKLED flood "dually" style pods (6 LED type) in the fog pockets (not useful in fog)
  • Black headlights (aftermarket)
  • TacomaWorld Stickar!!!
  • ToyWerx Raptor Style Grille
Interior / Audio / Comms / Electronics
  • Wet Okole seat covers
  • Weathertech floorliners
  • Ultragauge
  • OTRATTW Switches for LEDs
  • Uniden PRO 520XL CB in center console (not mounted to anything)
  • Wilson Silverload 24" CB Antenna on a medium duty SS spring
Wheeling Trips
Shiloh Ridge, Alto, TX - Summer 2014
BMRA, Gilmer, TX - November 2014
Old 09-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
ಠ_ಠ
greeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
nice rig
Old 09-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #4
Taco Time
MJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MJS's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the stainless rear brake lines and ebc stage 3 rotors and pads in the front today. Run out was borderline at 3-4 thousandths on the driver side and it's making a chunking sound while stopping...Might have to shim it or try rotating the rotor to a different position.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
ಠ_ಠ
greeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you have much of an issue with the brake lines? I had some issues with mine, but nothing along the lines of rounding out the nut.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Taco Time

MJS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsnspam View Post
Did you have much of an issue with the brake lines? I had some issues with mine, but nothing along the lines of rounding out the nut.
I tried to loosen one of them without a flare wrench and quickly decided that I needed a flare wrench.

The only other issue was the fitment of the ends of the new lines into the factory shape holes in the support brackets. They were quite snug even in the correct position. Only lost about one high to low in the reservoir worth of fluid before bleeding.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 10-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
ಠ_ಠ

Stichkars!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Shmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck dude! I have close to the same suspension setup. Your truck is lookin really nice.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
Taco Time

MJS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmellmopwho View Post
Nice truck dude! I have close to the same suspension setup. Your truck is lookin really nice.
Thanks! How you liking those Duratracs? I know my rims have a bazillion balancing weights on them...but that could be the rims too. They do seem to be in balance though and they didn't do bad on the trail although I'll test them some more next weekend.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #15
Shmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of lightShmellmopwho is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Thanks! How you liking those Duratracs? I know my rims have a bazillion balancing weights on them...but that could be the rims too. They do seem to be in balance though and they didn't do bad on the trail although I'll test them some more next weekend.
I love my duratracs. Been great for me on and off road so far.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #18
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post

Got a leaky boot on the outboard passenger cv

I told you mall crawling at the Galleria was 4/5 diamond difficulty.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #20
ಠ_ಠ