Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Old Dude Budget Taco Rebuild

Old 10-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!
LikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AirFrames
Name: D
LikDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to LikDTaco
Old Dude Budget Taco Rebuild

Round 3!
This time it's personal

Oct 24, 2014. The eve before my birthday and I am getting ready to start my remodel.
I am a old man, but I love me some TACO.

I will be building on a budget. I am going to do all of the rebuild work myself and with my son.
It I can't do it I will pay. But this is getting the most bang for the buck.

As I go this will be a chronicled journey.

chron·i·cle
ˈkränək(ə)l/
noun
a factual written account of important or historical events in the order of their occurrence.
synonyms: record, written account, history, annals, archive(s); More
a work of fiction or nonfiction that describes a particular series of events.
verb
verb: chronicle; 3rd person present: chronicles; past tense: chronicled; past participle: chronicled; gerund or present participle: chronicling
record (a related series of events) in a factual and detailed way.
"his work chronicles 20th-century displacement and migration"
synonyms: record, put on record, write down, set down, document, register, report
"the events that followed have been chronicled"

So here we go.
I will keep the tally ($$$) here as I go:

1. LEVEL 8S MRK6s 18" - $504 4 wheels.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!
LikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Once you go Taco, you never go back.

1999 Toyota Pre-Runner.
One of my favorite trucks, but when you have two kids, they just don't fit behind the seat very well.
So an upgrade was necessary.
3in" Revtec
Rancho shocks
Goodyear 31s Mud Terrains on Polished alloy American Racing wheels.
Geniuses pick green.

2006 Taco PreRunner Generation 2
In the beginning...

Purchased with all the options shown.
But just not quite good enough.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Up Grade 1
The Wheels!
LEVEL 8 MK6s

Just came Yesterday, day before my birthday.
Big huge shout out to Wyatt and Matt at Discount Tire/TacomaWorld.com.

Smoking deal on the wheels and Had them in less than 24 hrs.
Thanks guys.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

My Taco had a slight rake front to rear so I had to make some adjustments for it to sit level.
While waiting to get the money for my rear end I am putting 3" blocks in the rear with icon 1.5 AAL.
Well, you know what they say. Best laid plans...
Stock shocks extended to the full length with lift. Time to fab something so I get a proper shock stroke.

We have seen all the stuff out there. Post extenders, small blocks.

I fabricated better as well as stronger, and for the merger cost of $4 and some change and some proper drilling for Shoppers ranch and home supply I love this store.

Before

After
Blocks installed with new UBolts.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Drive Shaft Lengthened

Ok this is the shizzle and it fixed a lot of problemos.
Toyota Drive Shaft Spacers from 4crawler.com

My Carriage bearing once again centered
No vibes.
Driveline close to spec.

Over 3" lift in the rear, went with a 1.5" spacer.

Incredible product.

Thanks Roger.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!

Love 'em
Will post some better pics later.
Thanks to Kenny at Discount Tire Location on Price and Mckellips.
You did me a solid, I owe you one. Go Broncos.

Discount Tire Team both here online and at the store did me right.
Highly recommend.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Finally got it done.
$11 can of truck bed spray.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

New Camburg UCAs, outer tie rods, Icons 2.5s front with res' and 2.0s with res' in the rear...
Old 12-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #9
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

BAD Intentions.
Got the Camburgs on
Icons 2.5 with Res'
Icons 2.0 with Res'
New Kenwood HU
Details to come.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
rt01699 is on a distinguished road
rt01699's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I really like the bed can liner black along the bottom and flares. Been wanting to do mine for a while
Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #11
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt01699 View Post
Looks great! I really like the bed can liner black along the bottom and flares. Been wanting to do mine for a while
Yeah I petrified when I thought about doing it.
I started with the grill,
then the bumper,
the flares...

Was skittish every time I started, but with my truck being older, I said what the heck.

It is something you have to take your time with especially with the bedliner spray, it comes out thick, and will run and glob up when it sprays if you aren't careful...
Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
EBOLA FREE for 52 years!

Broken Tab/Clasp Garage door opener Fix

Use this:

PVC Sprinkler pipe glue, Works awesome on ABS and plastic. YMMV!?

To fix this:

The Stealership want $1000 bucks to replace the whole assembly, they don't sell just the part.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #14
smurf taco has a spectacular aura aboutsmurf taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
smurf taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikDTaco View Post
Ok this is the shizzle and it fixed a lot of problemos.
Toyota Drive Shaft Spacers from 4crawler.com

My Carriage bearing once again centered
No vibes.
Driveline close to spec.

Over 3" lift in the rear, went with a 1.5" spacer.

Incredible product.

Thanks Roger.

did you get the 65mm x 65mm or the 66mm x 66mm drive shaft spacer?