Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

HHI's Dad's 2015 Build

Old 11-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
HHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
HHI's Dad's 2015 Build

So start with some brief history I guess. My Dad has always been a truck guy, in my 19 years he's owned 12 that I can think of, however he's never modified any of them. I figured it was time to change that. He was driving a 2010 F150 which was starting to have obvious issues with the drivetrain so I hassled him to trade it for a Tundra for about a month. Finally he decided to sell it but not for a Tundra.

So on November 22nd, my Dad picked up his new 2015 V6 Automatic TRD Offroad.

I've been trying to think of a catchy name for this build over the last few days similar to Blackdawg's Dad and the FRV, but nothing has coming to me thus far.

Also I may have convinced him to buy some parts right away. So without further adieu the only pictures I have until I either get back to the states or my sister takes some for me.

Mods:
Suspension:
Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coilovers
Icon VS Series 2.0 rear shocks
All Pro Expo Leafs
Total Chaos UCAs
All Pro U-bolt Flip

Wheels and Tires:
17x8.5 Method Mesh in Machined Finish
285/70/17 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar

Armor:
SOS Offroad Concepts Extreme Sliders (Ordered)
Bajarack Utility Rack

Brakes:
Wheelers Offroad Extended Brake Lines (Ordered)

Accessories:
BedRug
Undercover SE Tonneau Cover (Personally not a fan)
Boltlock Hitch Pin

Future Mods:
CB Radio- Cobra 75 in all likelihood.
Full SOS Armor
Something lighting wise

One might say I'm a bit jealous of the non-rusty brand new everything

The truck should see its first dirt December 12th
Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbd
Old 11-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Mr.Franko is on a distinguished road
Mr.Franko's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 12-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #4
HHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedHHIRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Reserved
Old 12-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Sub'd

Hi Jake
Whats up bud
Old 12-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Just drooling at all that new icon gear

Has he been driving it and enjoying it yet?
Yeah he loves it. Took it on a trip down to Tallahassee and said its about 100x better than his Ford other than the smaller fuel tank
Old 12-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #10

Mandatory FSU logo and magnets before game

Old 12-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Amen to that, we could've saved him so much time by telling him that.

So much to drool over already, i am also pretty jealous of all the new new with no rust

That's gonna be the part I'm most jealous of, my rig is from Massachusetts so it's not clean underneath, and my sisters 07 FJ looks like it just rolled off the line still
Old 12-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
Aka: RainbowPuke
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIRunner View Post
That's gonna be the part I'm most jealous of, my rig is from Massachusetts so it's not clean underneath, and my sisters 07 FJ looks like it just rolled off the line still
I just spent three days prepping mine for the winter salt fest....i fluid filmed it this year. Next year i will use an actual undercoating, not just a quick fix like the fluid film.

There are plenty of anti corrosion options out there for you man....and being in the south probably slowed that New England salt deterioration by quite a bit
Old 12-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #13

Quote:
I just spent three days prepping mine for the winter salt fest....i fluid filmed it this year. Next year i will use an actual undercoating, not just a quick fix like the fluid film.

There are plenty of anti corrosion options out there for you man....and being in the south probably slowed that New England salt deterioration by quite a bit
Oh yeah I've fixed it now, was a bitch to do everything. Still need to replace my rusting LCAs at some point but holding out as long as I can in case I go to 2" LT
Old 12-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #14

Got some sliders welded on today thanks Eddy for hooking my dad up

Old 12-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
33harman is on a distinguished road
33harman's Tacoma Gallery
GO NOLES! and sick truck.