Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

PhillSmash-BeastMode's Old Man Tan Build

Old 12-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Jeeps Suck
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeeps Suck
phillstill's Tacoma Gallery
PhillSmash-BeastMode's Old Man Tan Build

This next year(2015) will be the year I build my truck to my liking so I figured I should start a build thread.

I will try and add all of the previous modifications.

2006 DCSB 4.0L 4x4 SR5(TRD-Bow Hunter Edition)

Current:

Modifications:

Suspention:
Icon extended travel coilovers
SPC LR UCA's
Allpro Expo Leaf Springs
Shitty Pro-Comp rear shocks from a 6inch lift

Armor:
Relentless Front Bumper(DIY)
Relentless Rear Bumper(DIY) modified with my own swing-out gate
Relentless Sliders(DIY) sitting in my garage. lol

Wheels:
265-70-17 Warden A/Ts
TRD Sport 17inch rims

Accessories
20inch led light bar on bumper
4x4 led pods on CBI ditch light brackets
4x4 led pods on swing-out gate

Future Modifications:
Weld on my sliders(before Rock Therapy 2015)
Full Skids(before Rock Therapy 2015)
Re-grear with 4.88's(before Rock Therapy 2015)
Detroit locker in rear(before Rock Therapy 2015)
37in tires(before Rock Therapy 2015)
ARB air locker in front(July 2015)
Build a new HC rear bumper with swing-out(July 2015)
Long-Travel(August 2015)
Get married(2016)
Wait till motor dies and then do a diesel conversion and SAS(20??)

This is the plan, but we all know things can change......

The night my truck was delivered to me.

The very next weekend after picking up a set of used A/Ts and TRD 17's from Cody(Large)

Mall Crawling

This picture drives me nuts and motivates me to finish my modifications. I don't know whose truck this is but I took a screen shot a while back when seeing this picture.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Jeeps Suck
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My first lift was a set of 5100's all the way around plus a set of deaver leaf spring(smooth baby!)

Next I purchased a Famous Fabrication Roof Rack.

Then added some folding kayak racks to that.

Added a 20" LED light bar to the roof rack.

My truck stayed like this for a few years.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
First!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #4
Jeeps Suck

Next, I purchased the Relentless Fabrication DIY kits for the front plate bumper, rear plate bumper, and sliders

Front Bumper assembly

Primed

I found a great deal for a matching bed cap 2 hours away so I went and picked it up. I paid about $300 plus gas.

Rear bumper assembly

My goofy friend Ruy helping out

Primed

Finished my bumpers in time for a PINS meetup with Nathan, Colin, and Nick

Then I found out that when primer is not covered with paint it loves water
Old 12-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Jeeps Suck

More Mall Crawling

Had some custom bedside decals made(Thanks CBoy808)

Got a pair of slightly blemished ditch light brackets from CBI on their Facebook page. Added some cheap LED pods

Old 12-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
Jeeps Suck

Then I decided I wanted a swing-out gate so I broke out the cuttin-torch

Old 12-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #7
Jeeps Suck

Came across some rebuilt DR(Icon) extended travel coilovers, a brand new set of SPC LR UCA's and some Allpro Expo leaf springs

Damn Sexy

Thankfully my lovely lady enjoys my Tacoma addiction
Old 12-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: USMC
Name: Adrian
adriancast's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build. I like the tiregate. When I saw this pic, I thought you were going to say, "next I purchased a snorkel" haha

Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
Jeeps Suck

lol. Thanks. Yeah I need to put a snorkel on the list.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillstill View Post
This picture drives me nuts and motivates me to finish my modifications. I don't know whose truck this is but I took a screen shot a while back when seeing this picture.

Btnewman

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...carnation.html

Oh, and Old Man Tan FTW!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
Jeeps Suck

Sweet! Thank you.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Jeeps Suck

My switches for led lights

Also added a factory roof rack.(sorry for the dark picture)
Old 12-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #14
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Sweet build! Your truck has well surpassed where my build sits! And very nice write up about your whole build progress.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #15
Jeeps Suck

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #16
Jeeps Suck

Mall Rated!