Goodyear MTR 32 86.49%
ProComp Xtreme M/T2 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Softtacosupreme is on a distinguished road

Softtacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Finally. My build page.

Just updating for some new parts.

DMZ motor mount gusset kit and Camburg's steering clevis kit to upgrade the tie rods!

Finally had everything powder coated that needed to be! Just got it back today! I went with a satin black with a little more gloss to it, just to kinda mix it up.

OTRATTW SWITCHES

TOTAL CHAOS COIL BUCKET GUSSETS AND SYNERGY/FOX 2.0 BUMP CANS

here's a close up of the bump cans.

Wheels came! Set of 5, 16x8. Gotta figure something out about those "gold" bolts and washers for the simulated bead-ring.

Reason for the poll:

I cannot decide between the Goodyear or the Procomp. I have't really seen anyone running the procomps here on tacomaworld and I do see a lot of people running the goodyear. I have heard mixed reviews about the goodyear and not much about the procomp. So, I truely cannot decide. Which ever gets the most votes, will be the one I choose. Disclaimer.... I am not doing this so I have a tire everyone likes. I like both tires pretty much equally. This is just a fun way to decide which ones I will choose.

OR

Well, its been just shy of a year since my fiance and I rolled our 2014 DCSB TRD off the lot, and I must say, I lasted a lot longer than I expected. But, after a year of researching and studying, I finally am starting my build. It wont actually come together until around march, I have a few more items to purchase. but I figured I would give you guys an idea of whats going to go down. So here are some photos of what I have so far, and photos of what I will be adding in the near future! I will be editing this thread along the way, as I get the rest of the items and once I finish. The only major things I have left are wheels, tires and my winch. I want to have the winch before I stick the bumper on, mainly because I'm lazy. lol. So here ya go. Enjoy!

Here she is right off the showroom floor

So I guess we'll start out with the armor.

Allpro APEX series front bumper with led light bar loop
Allpro heavy duty rock sliders
Allpro rear bumper
Allpro IFS skid and transmission skid

Lift/suspension consists of

Allpro standard duty leaf springs
Allpro Extended IFS lift
Fox 2.5 Coils with DSC R/R
Fox 2.5 Smoothies with DSC R/R
Allpro 1.5" wheel spacers (for rear)
Allpro extended brake lines
Allpro spindle gussets (not pictured)
Allpro U-bolt flip kit (not pictured)
Allpro Extedned axle shafts (not pictured)
Synergy bump cans
Fox 2.0 Air bumps (not pictured
Total Chaos Coilover bucket gussets
Total Chaos cam tab gussets (not pictured)
Armor Tech Offroad shackle flip kit (not pictured)

Lighting so far

Rigid 50" RDS series light bar for roof
Rigid 20" SR2 series light bar for bumper
Rigid D2 series cubes. Still deciding on location

My communications will come from a Cobra 29LX CB and a 6' firestik

Winch will be a Warn ZEON-8S

Old 12-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
nommmmz
Old 12-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing start!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #6
DirtyTerp is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
DirtyTerp's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a man with a plan.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
nommmmz
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenfew22 View Post
I'm staying tuned. Nice build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Amazing start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTerp View Post
looks like a man with a plan.
Thanks guys. I recommend staying tuned. There will be a lot more to this build, and once I get rolling with it, I will try my damnedest to post detailed photos of what I am doing and a little write up to go along.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
When people have the money to do things the right way I can definitely support their efforts. Well done!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleNowad View Post
When people have the money to do things the right way I can definitely support their efforts. Well done!
HA! Thanks. I figured, if I am going to do this. Lets do it right, and lets only do it once. (well so I think) lol.

Within the last few hours I completely changed my mind and picked up a set of 5 Method 305 NV's. As much as I hate the 4Wheelparts by my house, they had a killer deal on a set of 5. So i pulled the trigger. Should be here next week or the week after.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Subd for the awesomeness
You wont regret it
Old 12-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #12
andlours is a splendid one to beholdandlours is a splendid one to beholdandlours is a splendid one to beholdandlours is a splendid one to beholdandlours is a splendid one to beholdandlours is a splendid one to behold

Name: Andy
andlours's Tacoma Gallery
I love it. I'm excited to see where this all goes. You're truck is gonna gonna be built very similarly to defconbrix.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andlours View Post
I love it. I'm excited to see where this all goes. You're truck is gonna gonna be built very similarly to defconbrix.
Its gonna be an epic build! That's the truck I first based it off of. A few differences, but close.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #14
Still Plays With Cars, Trucks, Bikes & Guns
BeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to beholdBeBeep is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Fighter Crew Chief (F-4D/E and A-10)
Name: Bob
BeBeep's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it will be a great build. I look forward to seeing the progress.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #15
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Well that escalated quickly!!! Sub'd
Old 12-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBeep View Post
Looks like it will be a great build. I look forward to seeing the progress.
Thanks! I think it will come together nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Well that escalated quickly!!! Sub'd
Not to thread jack my own thread, but WOW! What a culture shock I bet you're experiencing!? From Huntington Beach to Alaska!? LOL.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the coast guard (6yrs now) so ive lived in Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, been on deployment all over the carribean and south America, as well as the aluetian islands and south east alasaka. This summer I will be transferring down to airstation san Diego for my new tour. It will be nice to be back closer to home
Old 12-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Sergeant of Marines
Name: Sean
DefconBrix's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously bad ass!
So stoked to see it all come together!
Old 12-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #19
I have a bellybutton
Adamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdamar85 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AEGIS Fire Controlman and Instructor
Name: Adam
Adamar85's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, looks like a great start. Can't wait to see it all come together!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconBrix View Post
Seriously bad ass!
So stoked to see it all come together!
Dude, Thank you! Your truck is awesome! I was basing a few things off of yours! lol! Some minor differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamar85 View Post
Wow, looks like a great start. Can't wait to see it all come together!
Thanks man! I am super stoked as well! All of this stuff is just sitting around staring me in the face.... The anticipations is harsh.