Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My TRD Pro Build

Old 01-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
Naumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Naumaa's Tacoma Gallery
My TRD Pro Build

Hey, I'm Alex, and after running through quite a few used vehicles, I just bought my first new vehicle ever! A 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro. Drove it off the lot with 10 miles on the ODO. I wanted something that was both practical and fun, and since I've always had a thing for the second gen Tacoma's I figured why not. I know lots of people were whining saying that the Pros were a waste of money, but if I'm going to buy a new truck, I'm going to do it right the first time. Plus its nice having the upgraded suspension with a full factory warranty.

I'm passionate about vehicles, all makes and models, and have had everything from a Ford Lightning and an Audi S4, to a 1966 Mustang and my first 92 Toyota Pickup. This Tacoma will be no exception.

Either way, I have a list of things that I would like to accomplish so I can personalize the truck and really make it mine, and I'm going to list them out here and show off some pictures along the way. I look forward to talking with all of you and hope you enjoy!

Old 01-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ex-cel-lent Guy
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumaa View Post
Hey, I'm Alex, and after running through quite a few used vehicles, I just bought my first new vehicle ever! A 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro. Drove it off the lot with 10 miles on the ODO. I wanted something that was both practical and fun, and since I've always had a thing for the second gen Tacoma's I figured why not. I know lots of people were whining saying that the Pros were a waste of money, but if I'm going to buy a new truck, I'm going to do it right the first time. Plus its nice having the upgraded suspension with a full factory warranty.

I'm passionate about vehicles, all makes and models, and have had everything from a Ford Lightning and an Audi S4, to a 1966 Mustang and my first 92 Toyota Pickup. This Tacoma will be no exception.

Either way, I have a list of things that I would like to accomplish so I can personalize the truck and really make it mine, and I'm going to list them out here and show off some pictures along the way. I look forward to talking with all of you and hope you enjoy!
Good job on buying what you wanted. I really like the Inferno Orange on the Tacoma. Welcome to TW. Your wallet will soon hate you. Don't turn your back on it late at night in the dark.

Just FYI, cue the TRD Pro haters in 3... 2... 1...
Old 01-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
RKCRUZA is a name known to allRKCRUZA is a name known to allRKCRUZA is a name known to allRKCRUZA is a name known to allRKCRUZA is a name known to allRKCRUZA is a name known to all
Name: Bob
RKCRUZA's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World and congrats on the new truck! What configuration etc. did you get? I have an Inferno DC AT with factory tow and love it. Will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I said I wasn't gonna mess with mine, but you know how that goes....enjoy the new ride!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
Naumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaumaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Naumaa's Tacoma Gallery
A few pictures from picking it up at the dealer

Old 01-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #5

Naumaa's Tacoma Gallery
Mod number one started with less than 100 miles. A full body clear bra! Usually everyone of my vehicles with nice paint gets a full front end clear bra that does the bumper, mirrors, full fender, and the entire hood (I don't mess around with that "just the nose" crap) but with paint being as beautiful as it is and I would like to take this thing off road without worrying about scratching the paint much, I decided to not only get the full front end protected, but the entire vehicle sides and all

Old 01-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
RevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud ofRevoTaco has much to be proud of
RevoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool and nice Tacoma. Doing a full body clear wrap is something I want to do as well. Do you mind sharing what it cost you?
Old 01-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #8
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ex-cel-lent Guy
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoTaco View Post
Very cool and nice Tacoma. Doing a full body clear wrap is something I want to do as well. Do you mind sharing what it cost you?
I almost don't want to know. The only thing that sucks is that stuff can act just like vinyl and tear off road too. It'll protect the paint but it's not a forever coating from what I've heard.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:53 AM   #9
SpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant futureSpoilsofWar has a brilliant future
Army: Commo/Intell
SpoilsofWar's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 01-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #10
mikecoscia is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mikecoscia's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your mods!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #11

Naumaa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoTaco View Post
Not at all. I took my truck to my usual spot, Elite Auto Salon, in Colorado that usually does high end vehicles and only does high end work so their front end wrap goes for $1400 and the full truck went for $6000. But I'm getting the doors, bed, roof, tailgate, ect done.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #12

Naumaa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
I almost don't want to know. The only thing that sucks is that stuff can act just like vinyl and tear off road too. It'll protect the paint but it's not a forever coating from what I've heard.
You are absolutely correct. It is a wearable product that it's job is to protect from scratches and chips. It is exactly a super thick clear vinyl. I had a truck that was in a parking lot and some lady brushed against my bumper with the back of her car. Left the rash on my truck from her paint and ripped up my clearbra but after the clearbra got removed the paint under it was untouched. 2 hours of clearbra work and original paint vs a week at the body shop and aftermarket paint FTW. And as for it not being a forever coating you are also correct, if improperly cared for it should last 4 years or so, but with proper care I should be able to get 8+ years before I need to get it redone
Old 01-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #13
Taco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Libre is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at all. I took my truck to my usual spot, Elite Auto Salon, in Colorado that usually does high end vehicles and only does high end work so their front end wrap goes for $1400 and the full truck went for $6000. But I'm getting the doors, bed, roof, tailgate, ect done.
really nice truck man... but my freakin god! it's a tacoma not a veyron
Old 01-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #14
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would have to keep it the rest of my life!!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #15
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
$6000 for a wrap? whoa.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #16
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Nice rig. On a side note I drive a 50k truck everyday and have no scratches or dings on it. Yes, it sees dirt and salt and all that great stuff that the State of MD has to offer. Seems kind of overkill to me, but hey it your ride.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #17
taco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
taco 2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Nice rig. On a side note I drive a 50k truck everyday and have no scratches or dings on it. Yes, it sees dirt and salt and all that great stuff that the State of MD has to offer. Seems kind of overkill to me, but hey it your ride.
Are you off roading that truck ? I ask because you said it sees dirt or are you implying that you live on a dirt road? Anyway op wants to off road it so i can see the scare in messing up the paint job. And if he can really get 8 years out of the vinyl than he will be doing very good! Besides when you break it up that vinyl cost 750 dollars a year if it makes it 8 years so really not a terrible investment.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #19
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the TRD PRO and Welcome to TW !!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #20
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow.... Is it buffable? Can you get the same shine out of it as you can a clear coat?