1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Build Research

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by 16Tacos, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Jan 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    16Tacos

16Tacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 V6 SR5
    OME Nitrochargers w/886s & Dakars, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar w/Warn winch, RCI sliders with kick out, IFS & Mid skids, BFF Hi-clearance rear bumper, Brushed Copper 17" SCS Ray10s w/285-70 KO2s, Black OEM 16" steelies w/255-85 KM2s, Leer contractor cap w/Smittybilt overlander xl RTT, Off-Grid Engineering dual battery kit and bed power panel, Blue sea aux fuse block, Wyntner 60L fridge freezer, ARB dual compressor, Pioneer 720BT head unit, CB radio, @Matt_Gecko bed and engine bay lights, @TacomaTruckParts Dirt bike tie down bar, color matched OEM grill, A-Pillar phone mount mod, @Docloco rear seat molle panel
    Just picked up an 08 Access Cab V6 SR5 4x4 AT and I want to build it up over time (~2 years) and I am looking to get some suggestions of the best order of operations, and if there are any mods you should do at the same time as others to save time/money.

I live in New England and we have a lot of rocks, roots, and mud (granted I've only ridden dirt bikes on our trails). I want to be able to use my bed to haul around my KTM but other than that I have no other restrictions. I was thinking Old Man Emu 2" suspension package and skid plates to start(Pelfreybilt looks good). Any other protection you'd recommend?

I also like the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, air compressor, and lockers!!!

I'll need some better tires, and probably rims (but do I do this now or wait?)

and in my dreams I see it with fiberglass fender flares front and rear (but maybe being wider isn't necessarily better)

Anything I'm missing?

Also if there is and existing thread I should look at let me know (new to site)

Thanks

2. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM
    Thelgord

Thelgord The Pantagonist

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD (OffRoad, 4x4)
    SOS Rocksliders, All Pro skid plate, Procomp add-a-leaf, Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75", CB, high-lift jack

Products Discussed in

To Top