Notices

KJsTacoTruck Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
KJsTacoTruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
KJsTacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
KJsTacoTruck Build

Wow, seems like I'm a little late to the party! Picked up a 2011 DCSB TRD Off-Road about 6 months ago and knew it was love instantly. Ever since I brought her home I've done my best to change her into my perfect image. Sound like any marriages you may know?? Anyway, as it sits today here is what I've done:
  • OME 3" lift; 885s up front, Dakars in the rear, sport shocks all around
  • 285/75-16 BFG AT KO2s
  • Camburg UCAs plus covers with Moog ball joints
  • Spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers
  • WeatherTechs, front and back
  • Yakima/Thule combo roof/ski rack
  • Rear diff breather mod
  • 24" antenna (for garage clearance)
  • LED MagLite seat mount addition
  • Dome light super bright LED replacements
  • Locks on bed storage compartments
  • Extended rear brake lines
  • CB radio
  • 886 reverse light mod
Near future:
  • De-badging and some custom Toyota decals
  • Tint all around
  • Rock sliders
  • Hi-Lift jack bed mounted
Distant future:
  • Aluminum front and rear bumpers
  • Winch
  • Any number of other things for this never ending project
Here's a quick pic of how she looks now!

Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #2

Also, many thanks to Wheeler's Off-Road! They were awesome to work with on getting all the parts for my lift/UCAs! Have already bought more items from them (brake lines and UCA caps) and will continue to go through them whenever possible. Thanks for being such a great company and willing to work with folks!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
Texas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to beholdTexas50 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jason
Texas50's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good. Any rubbing with your setup?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck so far OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas50 View Post
I'm running the same size tires and I rub. I see he has wheel spacers so I can't tell you if adding those help, but my guess would be yes. Nice sig btw
Old 01-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas50 View Post
Thanks! A there was a bit of rubbing on the black plastic pieces that come down in the front of the wheel well. Utility knife made quick work of those pieces. Now the only rubbing on on the right side, still front of wheel well, but on the silver piece that is part of the fender flare. Only happens in reverse and when the tires are just turned at just the right angle so it doesn't really bother me. That will eventually go away when i rip that all out for a new bumper anyway Put the spacers on to keep the tires off the frame just so I don't have to do a CMC...and kind of like the slightly wider stance too without having to also buy new wheels!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #7

Recently added some extended rear brake lines although I heard it wasn't completely necessary with my lift I figured better safe than sorry. Added a Uniden 980SSB CB plus PA, waiting on the mount from Jerry and I'll be all set there! And also swapped the reverse lights with the 886 fogs yesterday and damn those suckers are nice compared to the wimpy regular bulbs! Should have taken a pic when I had one of each in... Can't wait for just a little more snow to melt off the trails!

Old 02-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #9

Thanks, I really like how it turned out! I love the KO2s so far, pretty good in snow. Haven't wheeled in em yet but I'm hoping to tomorrow so I'll keep you posted if I do. Lost about 4 mpg with the 285s, roughly 20 to 16...100% worth it!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJsTacoTruck View Post
Thanks, I really like how it turned out! I love the KO2s so far, pretty good in snow. Haven't wheeled in em yet but I'm hoping to tomorrow so I'll keep you posted if I do. Lost about 4 mpg with the 285s, roughly 20 to 16...100% worth it!
LOL. If we wanted mpg we prob wouldn't get a truck. How about power with the 285s. Any noticeable decrease?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
LOL. If we wanted mpg we prob wouldn't get a truck. How about power with the 285s. Any noticeable decrease?
Haha you got that right! Yeah there was a little decrease in power, not too bad though. Didn't get to wheel today, way too much snow still, but the old lady and I still got to take it out for some glamour shots!

Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #12

Finally got my BAMF antenna mount painted and hooked up (thanks Jerry!) Also installed this little guy in the coin tray thing to the right of the steering wheel so I can hear better since I figured my leg potentially resting on the CB would muffle the sound a bit. Pics to come when I stop being lazy!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #13

So I'm hoping to get in on the CVT group buy later this month and decided that since spring/summer is right around the corner I needed to get working on a bed rack to hold that thing. Here's my current progress. 2x2x3/16" angle for bed rails and then 1.75" 11 gauge square for the rack and supports. Coming along quite nicely for only being able to work on it one day so far. $120 in steel...not too shabby!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
Cascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
Cascadia Tents's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJsTacoTruck View Post
Haha you got that right! Yeah there was a little decrease in power, not too bad though. Didn't get to wheel today, way too much snow still, but the old lady and I still got to take it out for some glamour shots!

Nice shot!

Products Discussed in this Thread