Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

No More Toaster!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
TacoMAUI95 is on a distinguished road

TacoMAUI95's Tacoma Gallery
Talking No More Toaster!

So I traded in my 2012 Scion XB Hot Lava 9.0. Little too low for me i didn't enjoy scraping on speed bumps

So i got this beauty! 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road in Magnetic Gray Metallic.
Heres 2 generic pictures.

Heres some pics from my first little adventure with it. A bbq up on the mountain.

So stoked i love this truck.

So to get started on my mods. I wanted to get Method NV 17s with 265/70/17 Nitto trail grapplers and was quoted 2700 for rims and tires shipping to hawaii is ridiculous. I was like ouch... So i looked on ebay and nowhere shipped to hawaii for free. Then i found one company that did. I was able to purchase Method NV 17s but they only had Nitto terra grapplers so i went with those. Was 1600$ a big savings. But then the company said ebay made a mistake and i have to pay 700$ more in shipping or they wouldn't send my rims and tires. Which blowed so i talked to ebay support and they said i was in the right and since the company promised free shipping that i would get it or id get refunded, only thing i had to wait for the company to give them a chance to send per ebays policy. So long story short i ended up saving 1100$ but had to wait like 3 months for my rims and tires. Oh well heres some pics with them.

Then decided to buy a lift. Went with ICON stage 3 for performance and the best ride. Had to wait a month and a half for it. Hawaiian time lol...
So stoked once I got the lift though it was super stiff and truck drove different at first but after it broke in Oooh Lah Laaaaah. It soaks up washboards, potholes, and our horrible roads where i live. I definitely recommend ICONs to anyone wanting a great lift.

Craziest thing is the icons added so much more articulation that i can actually make my back tires rub at full stuff age. like here. Just barely rubbing the little plastic fender inside. Just enough to hear not any damage tho. And these are 32s Icons are epic.

Got my go pro and have been filming and gonna try and put together a little video of some offroading on our little island in the pacific. Thanks for looking will update whenever i add stuff.
Next purchase SLIDERS!

The first video I've ever made and its my truck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9b2...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
nice upgrade!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
TacoMAUI95 is on a distinguished road

TacoMAUI95's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!