1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Rhino Build Pics...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by gjbonner, May 9, 2009.

1. Jan 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    yeah this July will be 3 years of having it on there. its Rhino Line, not Line-X. Line-X is a much harder type of mix. the rhino liner is a bit softer and more like the glue that holds your windshield in after it dries. it provides for some actual flexing. a dent wll just pop out without leaving creases. on Linex you would probably have a big crack in it if it got dented. that stuff is hard!

anyways... i love it. it faded a little bit the 1st year and then it has never changed since. ive had it pinstriped to hell and back from skinny trails but they wear off and you cant tell they were ever there after a couple weeks. ive had a drunk buddy key my hood and that wore off as well.

I love this thing and will Rhino Line every truck i get in the future. if i ever get a Tundra one day i will have it done but adding the UV protectent since i dont really plan to wheel a Tundra :) but I'll never have to worry about getting scratched or dinged up.

2. Jan 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    you get these on yet?

3. Jan 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    No...I wish. Just got out of the Marines and am starting a business which is taking all my saved up cash. I have enough cash to buy one of these tacos all over again but got to get this business started.

I'm thinking next spring i will go ahead and make the purchase. mainly because when i go 35's I'm also going to go with 4.56's or 4.88's with ARB lockers. its kind of a package deal. so its going to be a project.

Man they look great though:)

4. Jan 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    I hear ya..good luck with the business! I like em too but don't see any body on here rockin em....curious for a review.

5. Feb 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    TyT

TyT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    DUDE YOUR TRUCK IS BAD ASS!!! VERY NICE!

What kind of business are you starting up?
    Good luck at it !

BTW Thank you VERY much for serving!

Ty

6. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    it was a privledge to serve. I am trying to start up a storage shed facility but having troubles with the SBA covering that type of business. going to have to wait a little while but eventually it will happen.

thanks for the comments :)

7. May 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Well my 315/75/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys came in the mail the other day. Every time i open the garage i stare at them for a while...sad i know. Monday night i drop off the Tacoma to get 4.88s installed. Thursday the guy doing my gears will drive my truck over to Les Schwabs and they will install my Bilstein 5100s (set to 1.75), swap my tires for me, and then balancing and alignment will be done. Thursday night around 7-ish i will have this thing back in my hands :) all i can say is:woot: :yay::burnrubber:
    On another note, i took some advice i got here on TW and ordered custom 7 leaf packs from Alcan in Colorado. 4 week lead time on building so it will be the last week in June before i see them in the mail. $250 per side and only 100-120 in shipping. I was very pleased with those numbers

What a happy looking Tacoma...

[​IMG]

Also forgot to mention that i received my Snorkel thanks to the group buy a while back. Installation was a PITA but it was worth it in the end. a big thanks to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters for hookin' us up and to Oswego for making it happen!
    [​IMG]

I thought i throw in a pic of me driving around in the backwoods. This wa a great day...just me, good tunes and the middle of nowhere :)

[​IMG]

Met a guy plowing his way down to a slide that was threatening to wash out a gravel road into the Clearwater national forest. Forest Service couldn't wait till spring to get in there because the road would have been gone.

[​IMG]

Gotta love the snow banks

[​IMG]

8. May 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Nice update. I've always heard good things from Alcan

9. May 27, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
  10. May 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Yeah Josh at Alcan was cool as hell. really wants to know your whole setup and what you like and need to do. really simple. i think it took me 10-15 mins on the phone during a lunch break and viola! i had them ordered :)

11. Jun 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids

Your truck looks great!

I'm curious if you were able to reinforce that All-Pro bumper. My only complaint with the bumper is the weak points it mounts to the truck. I've reinforced the tabs on my truck but would like to do more. IMO they need fab up a bracket so that the bumper is reinforced by the frame of the truck like a lot of other aftermarket bumpers.

12. Jun 16, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Pics wit meat mounted?:cool:

13. Jul 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    yeah got em installed friday...i LOVE these things...My ride is so much better between the billys and the leafs. Yours is looking great man. getting my pics together and will be posting a build update thus far. I have done a few things and need to update badly.

14. Jul 12, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Ok so this is a long overdue update...

We will start will the 4.88 gears i had installed.
    This is dropping it off where a friend of mine was going to install the gears-
    [​IMG]

Never to look like this again :)
    [​IMG]

Goodbye 3.73s :)
    [​IMG]

Then I had Billy5100s installed on the front and the 315/75/16 Dick Cepek Mud Country's installed as well.
    [​IMG]

I had a couple inches missing in the rear due to the fact that my shocks were set at 1.75 and my springs had not come in yet due to a measuring error by Alcan but that only lasted a couple weeks...they fixed it and got em right out to me

Goodbye old stock springs
    [​IMG]

Hello 8 inch lift+300 leafs :)
    [​IMG]

Also had a flip kit installed
    [​IMG]

so here is the Rhino Build as it sits now-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jul 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    jacob_wood

jacob_wood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Jose, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    2010 SSM DCLB
    Truck looks good! Time for bigger tires :D.

16. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    I actually am pretty impressed with my ride after the 5100s and springs. i love it:) i decided to enter the local mudbog next weekend...hopefully it goes well enough that i can post pics :)

Bigger tires??? hahahhaha i kinda like my power now. not saying it is out of the question one day though...

17. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    n0rth

n0rth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    2009 Tacoma Access Cab SR5, 4wd, 2.7L URD S/C, 4:88's ARB lockers, 36x9.8r16 Radial TSL
    Awesome, I like it.

18. Jul 15, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    RBPTOY

RBPTOY HTTR!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport RBP
    You are a douche... :brianr: This rig ROCKS! Awesome job bro!!

19. Jul 15, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    X2 That was a douche comment. This truck is one my favorites on the forum.

The douche I'm sure is just jealous because he has a stock 5 lug regular cab. I would like gjbonner park his truck on top of his.

20. Jul 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Hahaa yeah that would be kinda fun :) I parked on a car in Iraq once with my LAV-25...wonder what it would be like with the Taco :)

Products Discussed in

To Top