Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Rhino Build Pics...

Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine told me he wanted to Rhino line his Z71 a while back and proposed the idea lining my Tacoma. Honestly, I thought he was nuts to even consider doing such a thing to a new pick-up. Now that I have seen how your truck came out I have changed my position all together.

Ingenuity at its finest!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive seen that quite often and it looks pretty dang good! I was gonna do it to my 4runner actually.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #24
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Engineer
Name: Matt
ffblaze911's Tacoma Gallery
OMG why would you do that to a truck?????????
Old 05-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #25
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Why wouldnt I??? low maintenance...i take that back, NO maintenance and lil' bit of longevity for this Taco. And it looks good too
Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #26
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffblaze911 View Post
OMG why would you do that to a truck?????????
I think having seen the end product, the question we ALL have to ask ourselves is "why not"? If the Rhino skin doesn't crack and peel, it's a winner.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And they have a lifetime guarentee for cracking peeling or bubbling etc... just remember that the guarantee comes from the shop so if you do it from a mom and pops shop that goes out of business then youre screwed. but come on now, its Rhino Liner. I havent ran into any one with a bed that had these problems. and if they did it was probably because of the shop they went to.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #30
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
When the world gets all Mad Max this is the truck I would want fo sho!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #31
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
WOW and for you
Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #32
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
as durable as rhino-liner is its certainly not invincible... it will certainly hold up to brush pretty good but if it get gouged by a rock (if that is the kind of potential situations you plan on putting it in) it seems like it would be a pretty pricey touch-up job.... that's all i would really be worried about. oh and i don't know what they lined underneath but if you get some rust coming through from the underside of a panel that could get pretty hairy

do they even do spray-on bedliner touch ups?

i did my rockers with the roll on variety because it would protect against small dings and chips from the road and very easy/cheap to touch up myself... but when i do my bed one day i will certainly use the line-x or rhino... not the roll on
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #33

I hear you on the gouge scenario. I dont think i would go and have them touch it up or spray the whole part because it wouldnt match the rest of th etruck. at that point i think i would just go with a eurathane type of touch up...a Rhino Liner "Bondo" if you will
Obviously these are high goals but this thing i would like to trail ride and mud. When i by the wifes car and this thing is soley for fun then i would like to start building a crawler on the side. I'm talking about actaully making it from the frame up. it would be a fun project and it would last a while...and in the mean time i could still have fun with the Taco. again, High goals... but thats what i want.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #34

yep. some of us like em short some of us like em tall, some of us like em big and some of us like em small! but we like what we like thanks for the compliments guys. I'll be sure to get pics up when its lifted.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #35
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Engineer
Name: Matt
ffblaze911's Tacoma Gallery
Dont get me wrong its cool but i would not do it to my 34000 dollar truck. maybe if it was a older truck that started to have some rust showing
Old 05-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #36
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, that takes balls.

I'm guessing touching-up is easy, no need to sand prime & color match.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #37
telcobilly is on a distinguished road

telcobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, kinda rat rod looking, definitely different. I was thinking down the road of "murdering" my plain jane 2004 taco xtracab. This might be the way to go.
Imagine the look on the repo dood's face if this truck ever had to get repo'ed!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #38
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
You should have done the rear bumper as well.. Just to make it look fully complete.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #39
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Damn! That is some thick black goo. lol
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #40
yamahamod is on a distinguished road
Name: Korey
yamahamod's Tacoma Gallery
You know whats funny?

You Rhino Lined everything but the inside of your bed. The sole purpose of the rihno liner.
Its eye catching i bet.

One more thing: I had planned on Rhino lining a 8 inch strip across the very bottom of mine since there are rock chips every where. Black shows everything

I saw a SWAT vehicle once that was all rhino lined. All blacked out.