1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Rhino Build Pics...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by gjbonner, May 9, 2009.

1. May 13, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    russell

russell Member

Member:
    Bardstown Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2-w drive
    none
    It looks pretty good but it's so hard to go back if you get tired of it.

2. May 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hard??? I would think it would be damn near impossible. I guess it could be done but would cost a pretty penny :)

3. May 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM
    Jgmbtech

Jgmbtech New Member

Member:
    LA Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Headlights Blacked-Out Tails Anthracite TRD Wheels
    That is simply amazing, the thought has popped into my head but I would never have had the balls to go through with it, especially on a brand new truck... Props to you bonner, it looks great! One thing though as far as the front bumper is concerned.. Bumper paint is a plyable paint used for flexable plastic, I wonder how rhinoliner will hold up to flexing..

4. May 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    Delta107

Delta107 Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Future Tacoma Owner
    Wow that looks sweet!

5. May 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
    gsxrrider

gsxrrider Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC PreRunner Indigo
    Banks monster CatBack,Nfab nerfbars, Bed Lights
    I think you got a little overspray on your truck. it looks like you completly missed your bed. j/k Love it great job

6. May 14, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    I have to say I agree, I think its sort of bizzare but it sure is different. No waxing for sure. But an interesting mod. Must get some looks when you go to the Taco dealer.

Jeff , 6, V6, SR5, 6spd, Radiant Red.

7. May 14, 2009 at 5:31 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i saw that too and he didnt do inside the bed either.

8. May 14, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    WOW thats awesome! Kinda makes me think of something like this truck from death race.
    [​IMG]

9. May 14, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Bonner man.....was there a particular technical reason you didn't have the back bumber coated? Could the plastic top step cap have been removed and put back so it didn't have to be coated?

10. May 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    GunMetalSteak

GunMetalSteak Active Member

Member:
    LA, CA
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner SR5
    Hood scoop, side steps.
    How come no one has asked how much this cost?

11. May 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Because he already stated the cost. It might have been on another thread....I recall $2800.

12. May 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Yeah the guy that did it for me did the front and not the rear. I figured i would be getting front and rear bumpers eventually so i didnt do anything about it. i see what you are saying though. I may either flat black it or get some of that cheap liner crap from wally world just to keep it looking good for now. i have to get around to doing my badges gloss black eventually as well.

Its a point of no return when you do this and i have never looked back and never will.

Rhino is pretty ftuff stuff but also a bit flexible. it should be ok

I know kinda crazy right. these beds we got are some the top rated beds in trucks right now so i didnt see the need for the extra cost and yes it was $2719 after taxes, cant really beat that.

the count down begins for the lift though. June 13th. I got my wheels and the tires are on the way along with the spacers if i need them for these 16s but i have a good backspacing so we'll see how that goes.

13. May 16, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    rngrchad

rngrchad Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha

Member:
    The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst Am
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail TRD
    Rockwell 30 ton axles.
    To each their own. You sir are one unique individual indeed, I hope it turned out how you wanted it. When your truck is turned into a dedicated Trail Rig I think your rhino-setup will mesh right in but until then:

Hands down the ugliest Tacoma I've ever seen. YUCK.

14. May 16, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Greatest is often maligned and misunderstood. I am one that thinks this should be a FACTORY F**KIN OPTION!!!

15. May 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    rngrchad

rngrchad Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha

Member:
    The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst Am
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail TRD
    Rockwell 30 ton axles.
    I'm not so sure about being a factory option, but:
    I'd be willing to be that when our Tacoma's cheap foriegn sheet metal starts rusting in half in 5 or 6 years, his Tacoma will still be in great shape. Something I'd want to think about to offset how terribly ugly it looks for a daily driven truck.

16. May 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Anyone with questions on how Rhinoliner will stand up to flexing should check out this test of Rhinoliner that was done on the show Smash Lab:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7uFiPVF5I

Here's another where they coated the bricks of a mock building with Rhinoliner. In the full show, they did three tests: one with no liner, one with liner on one side of the wall and the last one with both sides coated. Then they set off a blast to simulate a terrorist bomb. The uncoated wall was shattered. On the wall coated on one side, the concrete behind the liner crumbled due to flexing but the liner was still intact. In the last case, the flexing was reduced quite a bit. The video shows the last case.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v84SGHl8rMA

17. May 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM
    lawnrevenge

lawnrevenge Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    08 regular cab 5-lug, automatic
    So basically you gave your truck the stucco look...
    Not my thing. I really hope you don't plan on selling your truck.

18. May 17, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    I heard that this was the secret coating on US Navy nuclear submarines.

19. May 17, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Every day someone stares at my truck or rolls down their window at the stoplight and they always ask how much it costed or what is that and then the last thing they say is that looks sweet. So much that my wife bitches about it every week and wants her car as soon as possible so she can stop driving "that thing". so really you are a man in your own little world it seems. welcome to reality, theres a beer in the fridge for ya:)

and for every one lets clear this up...No i am never selling this truck...EVER. i saved up a lot of money to finally get my nice Taco. Ive had many toyotas before but not a brand spanking new Taco and in Dec of 06 I got my 07 Taco and now my life has meaning:D so no i am not worried about the resale value at all be cause it doesnt matter. Besides if i did try to sell it one day there 1000's of young teenagers or early 20's guys out there that would thing this is the coolest hting since sliced bread and i could probably get MORE than i would without the Rhino Liner. This Liner would sell the truck alone all by itself.:cool: and again looks was a by product of reasoning for this little experiment.

20. May 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I like it... :)

Products Discussed in

To Top