Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Rhino Build Pics...

Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #41
russell is on a distinguished road
russell's Tacoma Gallery
It looks pretty good but it's so hard to go back if you get tired of it.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #42
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell View Post
It looks pretty good but it's so hard to go back if you get tired of it.
Hard??? I would think it would be damn near impossible. I guess it could be done but would cost a pretty penny
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #43
Jgmbtech is on a distinguished road

Jgmbtech's Tacoma Gallery
That is simply amazing, the thought has popped into my head but I would never have had the balls to go through with it, especially on a brand new truck... Props to you bonner, it looks great! One thing though as far as the front bumper is concerned.. Bumper paint is a plyable paint used for flexable plastic, I wonder how rhinoliner will hold up to flexing..
Old 05-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #44
Delta107 is on a distinguished road
Delta107's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks sweet!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #45
gsxrrider will become famous soon enoughgsxrrider will become famous soon enough
gsxrrider's Tacoma Gallery
I think you got a little overspray on your truck. it looks like you completly missed your bed. j/k Love it great job
Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #46
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino on your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
My compliments to your nerves of steel to do this to a new truck! I would have to have been drunk as a skunk....
I have to say I agree, I think its sort of bizzare but it sure is different. No waxing for sure. But an interesting mod. Must get some looks when you go to the Taco dealer.

Jeff , 6, V6, SR5, 6spd, Radiant Red.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #47
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
You should have done the rear bumper as well.. Just to make it look fully complete.
i saw that too and he didnt do inside the bed either.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #48
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
WOW thats awesome! Kinda makes me think of something like this truck from death race.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #49
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Bonner man.....was there a particular technical reason you didn't have the back bumber coated? Could the plastic top step cap have been removed and put back so it didn't have to be coated?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #50
GunMetalSteak is on a distinguished road
GunMetalSteak's Tacoma Gallery
How come no one has asked how much this cost?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #51
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalSteak View Post
How come no one has asked how much this cost?
Because he already stated the cost. It might have been on another thread....I recall $2800.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #52
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bonner man.....was there a particular technical reason you didn't have the back bumber coated? Could the plastic top step cap have been removed and put back so it didn't have to be coated?
Yeah the guy that did it for me did the front and not the rear. I figured i would be getting front and rear bumpers eventually so i didnt do anything about it. i see what you are saying though. I may either flat black it or get some of that cheap liner crap from wally world just to keep it looking good for now. i have to get around to doing my badges gloss black eventually as well.

Quote:
russellIt looks pretty good but it's so hard to go back if you get tired of it.
Its a point of no return when you do this and i have never looked back and never will.

Quote:
.. Bumper paint is a plyable paint used for flexable plastic, I wonder how rhinoliner will hold up to flexing..
Rhino is pretty ftuff stuff but also a bit flexible. it should be ok

Quote:
I know kinda crazy right. these beds we got are some the top rated beds in trucks right now so i didnt see the need for the extra cost and yes it was $2719 after taxes, cant really beat that.

the count down begins for the lift though. June 13th. I got my wheels and the tires are on the way along with the spacers if i need them for these 16s but i have a good backspacing so we'll see how that goes.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #53
Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha
rngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to all
Location: The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst America)
rngrchad's Tacoma Gallery
To each their own. You sir are one unique individual indeed, I hope it turned out how you wanted it. When your truck is turned into a dedicated Trail Rig I think your rhino-setup will mesh right in but until then:

Hands down the ugliest Tacoma I've ever seen. YUCK.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #54
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrchad View Post
To each their own. You sir are one unique individual indeed, I hope it turned out how you wanted it. When your truck is turned into a dedicated Trail Rig I think your rhino-setup will mesh right in but until then:

Greatest is often maligned and misunderstood. I am one that thinks this should be a FACTORY F**KIN OPTION!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #55
Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha
rngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to all
Location: The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst America)
rngrchad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Greatest is often maligned and misunderstood. I am one that thinks this should be a FACTORY F**KIN OPTION!!!
I'm not so sure about being a factory option, but:
I'd be willing to be that when our Tacoma's cheap foriegn sheet metal starts rusting in half in 5 or 6 years, his Tacoma will still be in great shape. Something I'd want to think about to offset how terribly ugly it looks for a daily driven truck.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #56
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with questions on how Rhinoliner will stand up to flexing should check out this test of Rhinoliner that was done on the show Smash Lab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7uFiPVF5I

Here's another where they coated the bricks of a mock building with Rhinoliner. In the full show, they did three tests: one with no liner, one with liner on one side of the wall and the last one with both sides coated. Then they set off a blast to simulate a terrorist bomb. The uncoated wall was shattered. On the wall coated on one side, the concrete behind the liner crumbled due to flexing but the liner was still intact. In the last case, the flexing was reduced quite a bit. The video shows the last case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v84SGHl8rMA
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #57
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
So basically you gave your truck the stucco look...
Not my thing. I really hope you don't plan on selling your truck.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #59
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
rngrchadTo each their own. You sir are one unique individual indeed, I hope it turned out how you wanted it. When your truck is turned into a dedicated Trail Rig I think your rhino-setup will mesh right in but until then:

Every day someone stares at my truck or rolls down their window at the stoplight and they always ask how much it costed or what is that and then the last thing they say is that looks sweet. So much that my wife bitches about it every week and wants her car as soon as possible so she can stop driving "that thing". so really you are a man in your own little world it seems. welcome to reality, theres a beer in the fridge for ya

and for every one lets clear this up...No i am never selling this truck...EVER. i saved up a lot of money to finally get my nice Taco. Ive had many toyotas before but not a brand spanking new Taco and in Dec of 06 I got my 07 Taco and now my life has meaning so no i am not worried about the resale value at all be cause it doesnt matter. Besides if i did try to sell it one day there 1000's of young teenagers or early 20's guys out there that would thing this is the coolest hting since sliced bread and i could probably get MORE than i would without the Rhino Liner. This Liner would sell the truck alone all by itself. and again looks was a by product of reasoning for this little experiment.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #60
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
I like it...