LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Rhino Build Pics...

Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
My Rhino Build Pics...

My Rhino Build:

Page 1- Initial Pics here in this 1st post

Page 3- Good YouTube clips of rhino lining getting blown up

Page 4- 1st pic of new lift and tires (cell phone pic)

Page 5- Detailed pics of lift and tires

Page 7
- Shifter, CB install, All Pro Bumper

Page 8
- Winch, Cab mount chop

Page 8- D-Rings in bed, Sliders from BeefedTaco

Page 10- Routing of ALL breathers inside cab

Page 11- 315/75/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys arrive and snorkel installed

Page 12- 4.88 gears, Bilstein 5100s, Mud Countrys installed, Alcan Leaf Pack(8"+300lbs)

2007 Tacoma DCSB, purchased in December of 06

This is what it looked like originally...

Rhino Lining= $2700 out the door.

So finally i got around to getting some pics. After I got onto this sight and did a few mods i sprayed it off and took a few for those who wanted them...
BHLM and the grill got Blacked out as well...i used a few clear coats when i was done.

It looks grey in the bright sunlight but when it is cloudy or towards evening when the sun goes down it looks really black again.

I couldnt have been happier with the Night Shades spray. Again, i used a few coats of clear coat when i was done.

Some people wanted to see the texture of it so i took a few to show the thickness and texture...

It has been a year or so and this is probably what it's gonna look like for a while. I can't see any major changes other than the scrapes i will put into it while bombing through the brush Amazingly one time a buddy was scratching his key on it and it left marks...I was kinda pissed but then a few days later they just disappeared and i'm telling you it looked pretty deep. All i can say is that i love this thing and cant wait to divorce my....wait i mean get my 6" lift and 305/70/16 General Grabber ATs June 13th. Then there will be more pics to come.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
how much weight do you think that added to you truck
Old 05-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
how much did that cost? first time i've seen a rhino'd vehicle!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Did you rhino line the inside of the headlights?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They said a bed is about 30 or so pounds...I figure I'm just packing another person in my vehicle that i dont know about basically

It was $2700 after taxes. A new paint job doesn't even come close.

No I Gloss blacked the inside of headlights...
Old 05-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
They said a bed is about 30 or so pounds...I figure I'm just packing another person in my vehicle that i dont know about basically

It was $2700 after taxes. A new paint job doesn't even come close.

No I Gloss blacked the inside of headlights...
wow, thats not bad at all. may i ask why you did the whole truck? (just curious, i never even thought or heard about a whole truck being done)
Old 05-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
looks alright...but

that's alot of drag

can you hear the wind off the body on the highway?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
wow, thats not bad at all. may i ask why you did the whole truck? (just curious, i never even thought or heard about a whole truck being done)
This thing is going to be a long project...(Wife, Kids...you get the picture)...But eventually this things sole purpose will be wheeling. I hated the way the "trail" made my other Toyotas look and one day the idea just popped into my head so i did it. Couldnt think of a reason not to do it really.

Quote:
looks alright...but

that's alot of drag

can you hear the wind off the body on the highway?
No i dont hear a bit of wind difference and amazingly i havent seen a drop in my MPG at all...However that willl change when i get the tires.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Bonner, this is the most unique mod I have yet to see on TW. I am extremely impressed with the final result. If there was anything that you would do differently 2nd time around, what would it be? Did you prep the paint in any way prior to application? I read that you used clear coat, was this on the Rhino or something else?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Bonner, this is the most unique mod I have yet to see on TW. I am extremely impressed with the final result. If there was anything that you would do differently 2nd time around, what would it be? Did you prep the paint in any way prior to application? I read that you used clear coat, was this on the Rhino or something else?
No the clear coat was on the headlights grill and tailights... If i had a chance to do it differently i would have gotten the protective coat they offered when it was done. I figured i would just be beating it up anyway. I just think it would have been nice to keep that gloss black shine maybe. People get the clear protective coat when they are using the other colors they offer ie red yellow blue etc... I'm not unhappy by any means but jsut looking back it would have been something i might have done.

As for the paint prep the guys in the shop ruffed up the paint all around so that it would adhese properly. I cant imagine what it was like to take a big sander or what ever they used and scuff the shit out of a brand new Taco! they couldnt beleive i wanted it done but afterwards they said they were suprised at how well it turned out...Me too I was nervous as hell when i went to pick it up.

oh and i would have told them to watch the F%$& out for the seals inside the doors. they had to cut where the liner had bonded to itself between the door and the body so they could get the door open and they stuck the razor too deep and cut it a bit. I didnt notice till later but it never hurt the water tight seal so i just kept truckin'.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #12

I still wonder if i can go somewhere and get a clear coat of some sort on it...when it gets wet it is shiny black as hell so i imagine it would seal that way when coated..who knows...I'll have to test it out on a friends bed or something since oddly enough my bed is the only thing NOT Rhino Lined
Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty odd. It looks cool BUT to do it to a new truck...DAMN!!! It would be nice if it could be glossed over or something. I had a jeep wrangler that had the interior done in bedliner. It worked great to cut out the road noise and to make it easy to clean. Hey, look at it this way...your truck should last FOREVER.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #15

Yeah my Badges are in the door cubby...just havent gotten around to it and actually you just reminded me! Thanks

Quote:
That is pretty odd. It looks cool BUT to do it to a new truck...DAMN!!! It would be nice if it could be glossed over or something. I had a jeep wrangler that had the interior done in bedliner. It worked great to cut out the road noise and to make it easy to clean. Hey, look at it this way...your truck should last FOREVER.
A buddy of mine said i should do that next but you can only talke the wife into so many things in one year...In June i already have to get her a mazda CX9 because she says she refuses to drive the thing for too long after i get the lift. But yeah i thought about that eventually...how did it work out for you? any disappointments?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #17
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
No the clear coat was on the headlights grill and tailights... If i had a chance to do it differently i would have gotten the protective coat they offered when it was done. I figured i would just be beating it up anyway. I just think it would have been nice to keep that gloss black shine maybe. People get the clear protective coat when they are using the other colors they offer ie red yellow blue etc... I'm not unhappy by any means but jsut looking back it would have been something i might have done.

As for the paint prep the guys in the shop ruffed up the paint all around so that it would adhese properly. I cant imagine what it was like to take a big sander or what ever they used and scuff the shit out of a brand new Taco! they couldnt beleive i wanted it done but afterwards they said they were suprised at how well it turned out...Me too I was nervous as hell when i went to pick it up.

oh and i would have told them to watch the F%$& out for the seals inside the doors. they had to cut where the liner had bonded to itself between the door and the body so they could get the door open and they stuck the razor too deep and cut it a bit. I didnt notice till later but it never hurt the water tight seal so i just kept truckin'.
My compliments to your nerves of steel to do this to a new truck! I would have to have been drunk as a skunk....
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
you have some big balls to do that to a new truck. i love it
Old 05-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Don't know whether to ask you if you took your meds or shake your hand and call you boss. You must have been born with an extra set of balls man. It looks tough, I'll give it that.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i woulld never do this to a new truck... deffentaly to an old trail rig now that i have the idea