Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

derekabraham's build!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
derekabraham's build!

I haven't made one of these yet, and I'm bored so I thought I would.

I acquired this truck after my previous vehicle got totalled by an 88 year old who hit the gas instead of the brake at a stop sign.

Here it is the day I got her on 5/31/08.

First mod was the K&N Drop-In Air Filter, given to me by Jason Harris (JJ Customs).

First road trip: July 2008. No mods beside the drop-in filter. (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas)

Colorado:

New Mexico:

Arizona:

Texas:

Oklahoma:

Kansas:

I got the OEM bed extender at some point...
(only picture I could find)

I also got the Pop-N-Lock tailgate lock at some point...

First meet: Fiesta Island 10/11/08.

I got the TSB AAL done sometime before this picture.

I got Bilstein 5100's installed on 12/11/08, set at 1.75".

5100's and TSB AAL.

I pulled the front flaps on 1/13/09:

I got the rear Bilstein 5100's installed on 1/22/09.

5100s front and rear with TSB AAL:

Can't forget the TW sticker.

I got BFG A/T's (265/75/16) installed on 3/6/09.

That was promptly followed by getting the 5100's readjusted to 2.5".

BFG A/T's, 5100s front and rear and TSB AAL.

Second road trip: (Northern California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia), April 2009.

Northern California:

Oregon:

British Columbia:

Most recent pictures:

There are plenty of things in store! Including:
-color-matched Satoshi grille (everything is purchased, I just need to finish with Jason)
-emblems and wheels painted black
-color-matched bumper
-Herculiner on fender flares
-scooped hood
-in-dash navigation
-permanent CB radio and antenna mounted in bed
-Toytec 3 inch coilovers and AAL
-285/75/16 BFG M/T KM2's
-fire extinguisher bracket to mount in bed
-custom gas canister holder for bed
-Budbuilt skids
-4WD conversion
-OEM bed mat
-sliders with kickout
-DTRL and fog lamp on anytime mods
-Total Chaos UCA's
-Hi-Lift jack and mount for bed
-LoJack and alarm system
-Spidertrax wheel spacers
-TRD exhaust and supercharger
-TRD Drop-In Air Filter
-TRD brake kit
-N-Fab light bar with Lightforce or PIAA lights
-permanent C/B radio with a custom antenna mount in bed

I'll think of more!

Thank you for looking!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
nice bro!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Ed!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
keep up the good work, and thanks for letting me know exactly what my truck will look like once i get it lifted
Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #5

Thanks and you're welcome!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #7

In a few years, yes.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
I like how everyone is finally making their build threads. FWIW, i got harbor freights Hi-lift jack. 30 bucks. Solid. after using my buddies hi-lift last weekend when comparing it to mine, i like my HF one much better. if you do some researching, plenty of people like the HF hi-lift a lot better as well. Just thought i'd share that with you to help you save some cash money's. Let me know if you want some pics.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
In a few years, yes.
haha. I was thinking about doing the same thing. But I decided to just sell this truck in a few years and get a 4x4 taco. Too much of a hassle. I look forward to it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I like how everyone is finally making their build threads. FWIW, i got harbor freights Hi-lift jack. 30 bucks. Solid. after using my buddies hi-lift last weekend when comparing it to mine, i like my HF one much better. if you do some researching, plenty of people like the HF hi-lift a lot better as well. Just thought i'd share that with you to help you save some cash money's. Let me know if you want some pics.
Crazy! My stepdad just picked up the same one lol
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
lookin good dood
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Crazy! My stepdad just picked up the same one lol
I got that and a 4 ton come a long for 60 bucks with tax!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Thank you! Harbor Freight it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
haha. I was thinking about doing the same thing. But I decided to just sell this truck in a few years and get a 4x4 taco. Too much of a hassle. I look forward to it.
I was going to do that, too. But I realized that I'm going to be putting so much time and money into my truck that I'm going to keep it until it doesn't run anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
lookin good dood
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilg View Post
Wow your truck really gets around. It's been to more states and provinces than I have. Looking good.
I like to go on road trips.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man keep it up
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #17
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
nice build derek!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #18

Thanks guys!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man
rep
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #20

Thanks man!