Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

1BLKT Budget Build

Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice
Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #43
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Well I ended up painting it with Krylon Black Satin and that was just way too shiny so I repainted it with Rustoleum Flat Black and it came out pretty good. I think it's as close as it's going to get without actually purchasing the black version.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #44
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Was the spindle install hard? What was required? Steps? Tips?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #45
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #46
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
Was the spindle install hard? What was required? Steps? Tips?
I sent you a pm Kenny
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #47
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
trucks looking good... the stereo head unit with matching a/c controls looks very clean
Old 08-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got this dent on 4th of July from some kids and their fireworks...not very big, and luckily it didn't mess the paint up at all. But it was just annoying to look at everytime I walked out to get in my car because it was on drivers side rear door just below the window and partially on the crease.

Hard to see it in the picture but it was about the size of a nickel

$80 Bucks later and a visit from mobile PDR guy and it looks like this

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I can barely even notice where it was before. I'm just glad I don't see it when I look in my side mirror anymore
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #49
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
how is this budget?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #50
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck though
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #51
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
That sounds common in SoCal. I can drive for a month around Western PA and never see a second gen Taco. I guess we are a bit more redneck around here and people buying trucks usually buy ford or chevy.
I like not seeing many other trucks like mine!

Yea i also live in the Pittsburgh area (Latrobe) and i never see other tacos! It is pretty sweet to have something almost unique.....rednecks
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #52
Best Hack I Know
KAPendley is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant, 63B...Honorable Discharge
Name: Andy
KAPendley's Tacoma Gallery
Your brothers truck looks tiny compared. Fitting that he is your younger brother. lol.

For future reference, you guys should look into SEM products. They are pretty much the heat when it comes to matching factory colors, and normally they have flexible color coats to match OEM specs. GREAT stuff, and it stays PUT!! Autozone and such normally DO NOT carry them, you have to go to your local auto paint store for it, but its worth it!!

Color chart link...
http://semproducts.com/images/Users/...0CC%202008.pdf

Product link...
http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=190
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #53
Best Hack I Know
KAPendley is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant, 63B...Honorable Discharge
Name: Andy
KAPendley's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, great looking truck.......apparently on an "unlimited" budget, you forgot that part.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #56
helbnt is a jewel in the roughhelbnt is a jewel in the roughhelbnt is a jewel in the rough

Name: Shad
helbnt's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! Can I get some info on the wheels? What brand are they?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #57
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by helbnt View Post
Great looking truck! Can I get some info on the wheels? What brand are they?

Thanks!

They are Pro Comp Series 8128 17x8.5 4.75 Backspacing
Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #58
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
The eyelids look great, gives it a subtle new look.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #59
calicoupe will become famous soon enough
calicoupe's Tacoma Gallery
u going to tint your taillights? just a suggestion...otherwise great looking truk!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #60
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Any ideas on what I should do next guys?

Currently working on painting the inside of my taillights black and resealing them, so I'm trying to plan ahead what I should do.

I am just finishing up satoshi that needs to be primered now and was planning on selling it.

However, I was thinking that if I cut about 1 to 1.5 inches off the depth of the grille I could mount some Kragen HID's. Do you think it would be worth the hassle? I already have Hella 500's behind my recessed grille but the Kragens won't fit with a completely recessed grille. I like the light output of the Kragens but I don't know if I can justify all that work to change lights.

Would it look weird to have stock headlights with HID offroad lights?