Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

1BLKT Budget Build

Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Cool 1BLKT Budget Build

Well here is my truck about 9 months after I got it. Started out with clearing the headlights out, throwing the 5 piece billet on, Downey 3'' Coilover Setup, aal, and Kumho 285 tires on stock rims. I also picked up a used grey TRD skidplate and painted it black.

Didn't do much to the outside for a while but picked up a Volant Intake, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine Muffler and Wet Okole seat covers.

Then I scored a set of Allied Spindles

Now with the spindles installed I was running spacers so the stock rims with 285's weren't rubbing the spindles.

This was a good excuse to buy new rims.

After the new rims I mounted some Hella 500's behind my billet grill. The billet was nice for a while but I was ready for a change so I recessed the grill.

Now that I recessed the grill the chrome wheels looked out of place so I just recently bought new wheels and tires

In the last couple weeks dgerm hooked me up with a headunit so I started swapping buttons.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Here's 2 quick pics from this morning of mine and my brothers trucks

The black and red truck have coilover and spindle lifts with 285's.
We just installed the 5100 at 2.5'' on my youngest brothers white truck, along with sockmonkey's vinyl.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
definitely a man's truck...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice trucks. black looks awesome. murder the grill and healights
Old 06-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm debating on getting black headlights. If I do will it be too much black? Or should I stick with the ones I have already?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
go black... i think it would look alot better... awesome truck!!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
dang i wish i had your budget!! hot truck
Old 06-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
dang i wish i had your budget!! hot truck
No kidding! That is a sweet looking truck, but when I think budget build, I think low cost or cheap.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, well it started on a budget. I only planned bigger tires on sport rims with coilover lift. But we all know how the mod bug goes, now I'm over budget.

If I would've known exactly what I wanted to start out with I wouldn't have gone too far over budget. Switching rims/tires and now probably headlights is going to cost me more.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
No kidding! That is a sweet looking truck, but when I think budget build, I think low cost or cheap.
i got a good deal on my spindles so I couldn't pass them up and same goes for my rear resi donahoes. Going used helped save some cash for sure though.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
i got a good deal on my spindles so I couldn't pass them up and same goes for my rear resi donahoes. Going used helped save some cash for sure though.
Definately! There is nothing wrong with used. The latest set of wheels and tires you got on there are bad-ass!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
You and your 2 brothers all have 2nd gen Tacoma's? Damn lucky!

You have an awesome truck!
Lol

And my dad's work truck is a 05+ tacoma too but I couldn't fit it in the picture. It has Donahoe Coilovers and Camburg UCA.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
budget build...good one

bhlm and sum better pics and im thinking maybe a future totm!?!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
sweeet lookin' truck man keep it up!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone know where I could get the black piece behind the AC Controls that way it matches the headunit?
^anyone?^
Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol

And my dad's work truck is a 05+ tacoma too but I couldn't fit it in the picture. It has Donahoe Coilovers and Camburg UCA.
That sounds common in SoCal. I can drive for a month around Western PA and never see a second gen Taco. I guess we are a bit more redneck around here and people buying trucks usually buy ford or chevy.
I like not seeing many other trucks like mine!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Assuming I pick up a set of blacked out headlights today or tomorrow...what should I do next? I need some ideas.