1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jeremiekc's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by jeremiekc, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Well I wasn't going to start a build thread but I kind of want to keep track of everything that I do to my baby. I am getting older so this will definately help.

I bought my used 2007 BSP Base Model Regular Cab in March 2009, when I bought the truck it had 7800 miles on it. The wheels and tires were on it when I bought it so dont blame me for the ugly wheels. I hate them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I went to the Texas Meet in May and traded the funky black grill and the rear bumper for chrome ones. I didn't like the fact that there were four different shades of black on it so we decided to go with the chrome for now. I also painted the brake calipers and the rear drums red, I think they look pretty good with them painted and it didn't cost alot or take alot of time to do.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I also installed a custom fit dash mat from Dash King. It gets really hot in Central Texas so I wanted to protect the dash and keep the heat down in the inside. I also installed a Garmin Nuvi 670 so that I dont get lost and I can listen to MP3's through my stock stereo.

[​IMG]

I have also removed the secondary air cleaner and installed an AFN Pro air cleaner.

2. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    AR_Taco

AR_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N filter, URD short throw shifter, ScangaugeII
    I agree with you on the wheels, way to wide.

3. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I have a set of X-Runner rims (9.5x18) that will be replacing the UltraMotorsports Rims and tires, this will happen as soon as I sell my 92 S-10 (POS) and can then afford to put some tires on the rims.

I just did the OEM Cruise Control MOD and the OEM Interval Wiper MOD today. I also just hard mounted my Garmin on the dash using some parts that I had laying around, and I also hard wired it into the truck so there is no ugly wires.

This week I will be getting the windows tinted, 25% on the back and 35% on the side windows plus a UV blocker on the front window. I will install my TacomaWorld.com sticker as soon as the tint is done.

I was on the list to receive my Devil horns so as soon as they are delivered I will be installing them.

4. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    Your base housing looks the same as the crap on my base.

5. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:

That is what I thought!! They are a real pain since if I hit any kind of water on the road it automaticaly shows up on the side of the truck. I tried to get the dealership to put stock steelies on it so that I didn't have to look at them but I ran out of time. I just can't wait to put the 18's on it.

6. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    What's your goal with your truck.

7. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    With electricity costing an average of $450 a month out in town I will take my crap base housing. I am leaving for Germany in five months any way. Plus I have been deployed for half the time that I have been here so it is not to bad.

8. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    I lived in base housing for a year, I lived in 6 houses that year cause the houses were falling apart plus I had to pay dependent rate and I've never been married, not to mention the housing is around 1000 sq/ft and half the houses on base are uninhabitable.

9. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    I haven't really thought about it that much. I want a clean looking truck that looks good and not to flashy. There are a lot of MODS that I have seen on other trucks that I would like to do as money becomes available. Everything up to this point has been to get it back to stock configuration and make it easier to drive on long trips. It was a repo so everything that was not permanently attached to the truck was gone. The doors for the storage compartments in the back, the floor mats, the jack, and the tool kit were all gone.

Eventually I will be upgrading the suspension so that it handles on the road better. OEM TRD Shocks and Struts, larger sway bars in front and back, probably drop the back about an 1" or 2" so that it sits level. I also want to get a Doug Thorley header and maybe a Flowmaster exhaust but I am still doing the research.

The truck will eventually go to my son who is 13 now and then I will get a DC 4x4 with all the bells and whistles.

10. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:

I hear you there. We do pretty good, we live in "substandard" housing which means instead of two bedrooms we have three. The windows are old as crap so we just turn up the AC. All in all we are happy, it is also only 4 minutes from work for my wife and 6 minutes for me.

11. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    Cruise the junkyards for wrecked x-runners. I go to all the local junkyards about once a month in hopes to find a silver TRD sport so I get the hood, and what ever might happen to catch my eye.

12. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    It actually is cheaper for me off base I got a smoking deal, 400 a month

13. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:

I got 5 X-Runner rims off of TW for $400 so that is what I will be running for wheels and they are 9.5X18 with a nice offset. I have the X brace that they use on the rear end with all of the mounting hardware. I just haven't installed it yet. I have been talking to alot of the X-Runner guys about handling issues that they have. I used to build Late Model Dirt Modifieds so I think I will probably use alot of that knowledge when I do the suspension on the truck. If the money god were more generous then I would probably do alot more.

14. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    I know how that is I'm an E-4 with a $500 a month truck.

15. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:

I am a little more then that but I only give myself a $300 a month allowance to spend on my truck. If you notice the price of everything really cool is $300+ so I have to spend it wisely. Just the tint job is going to be around $200 so it doesnt leave much for other things. All in good time. If I am patient and do it right the first time then it will be alot better then if I go cheap and take the short route..

16. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    AR_Taco

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    I give myself a 400 a month truck parts money and most the stuff I want is 500 and up its save save save for me. Click the link in my sig. and youll see what I mean

17. Jun 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Nice start. :)

18. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    So I am still on leave and had some time on my hands, the weather was nice and I was bored.

New tint Job

[​IMG]

Had to put it on as soon as the tint was done!
    [​IMG]

Used 4 oz black cow hide, looks pretty nice but I should have used a little thicker leather.
    [​IMG]

Mount for my Garmin Nuvi 670 - I used a mount that I bought to put into a 12v plug but took it apart and used the pieces. Hard wired the Garmin into the fuse panel so that it looks alot cleaner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Get yourself some black zip-ties on that GPS wiring. ;)

20. Jul 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I thought about that as soon as I put it on there. I was trying to find a piece of shrink tube that would fit around the wires and the mount. I am going out to Harbor Freight tomorrow so we will see what I can find.

Products Discussed in

To Top