LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

It Begins: Miss Blue

Old 08-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Same for you. I'll make a trip to the Creek at some point, but it's not a high priority...I'm more of a multi-pitch/mixed rock-ice/big wall/peak bagger. Most of my pics happen to be on sport climbs just because it's a hell of a lot easier to rig for pictures on bolts.

Stay safe out there.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #22
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Diff breather relocated. See OP.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #23
Poser Truck

Stuck a shorty antenna on there today from shortyantennasource.com.

Have also had a locking gas cap and the VSV valve mod on it for a while now (month or so).

Extra D-Rings have been ordered and are on the way. Probably won't get to those until next month (need to buy a dremel). WeatherTechs should be doable next month too.

Just keep marchin' along...little bit at a time.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #24
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=jandrews;745456]
07/15/2009: Engine Cover Painted

Well all, got the engine cover painted tonight and shoved back in the truck (after dark).

Here be the story:

So I had the cover out and all masked up, ready to be painted.

I checked the directions on the primer and spray paint and noticed the clear instructions:

"Use in an open air and well ventilated area, like an open garage."

"Ok" I asked my brain, "Can we do it in a closed air, poorly ventilated area like the apartment bathroom?"

"I don't see why not." my brain replied. So I got about setting up a painting area in the ol' commode:

Primed it....

Got a few coats on, and voila! 45 minutes and 5 to 10,000,000 dead brain cells later I emerged from the WC, light headed and victorious, clutching my newly painted engine cover like a small child who had just received a Nintendo 64 for Christmas.

I promptly took it out into the dark evening and set it on the hood to take bad pictures with a lot of enthusiasm. It's hard to tell, but the color match is almost perfect:

And a few more looks of it back in the bay:

WOW I love the way you did this. Its looks great. Can I ask what color blue you used, and where you got it?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #25
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the non-chrome grill? ive searched everywhere...
Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #26
Poser Truck

Uh...it's chrome. I thought that was obvious from the pics. I will be stopping by a dealership soon though to price a color-matched grille. I will also be pricing having the chrome ground off and the grille surround repainted with matching paint.

I'll probably go with whichever's less expensive...but I want the chrome surround color matched. Once that's ready, the front end gets redone with the BHLM and grillecraft inserts. I'm saving a weekend somewhere for the "tacoma facelift" project.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #27
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha my bad, i had seen another build of a SWB taco with the painted grill, thought it was this one

sorry for my ignorance..lol
Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
Poser Truck

No prob...it WILL be color matched before too long...but that'll probably have to wait until after the Wet Okole group buy. Can only dump so much money at once.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #29
Mayday

so then you just purchase the color-matched grill from your dealer? whats the approximate cost of them?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #30
Poser Truck

Not cheap? I haven't gotten a quote yet, but initial investigation leads me to expect between 200 and 400.

Generally speaking, a Toyota dealer should be able to order just about any part in production for their current vehicle models.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
Poser Truck

Shorty Antenna and D-Rings at bottom of OP.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #32
Poser Truck

Wet Okoles.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #33
Poser Truck

Weathertechs, in OP.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #34
iowa530 will become famous soon enoughiowa530 will become famous soon enough
iowa530's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of nerf bars are those?

I have a speedway blue that needs a set.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #35
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa530 View Post
What kind of nerf bars are those?

I have a speedway blue that needs a set.

Toyota OEM stainless steel tube steps, only available in the SouthEast Toyota Dealers states. I can get you info (part # etc) if needed. They may be difficult to acquire if not in our region.

The eventual plan is to replace them with sliders, at which point they'll be up for sale, but don't count on that - probably going to be a year or more.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #36
Poser Truck

Grillecraft. See first post, bottom.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #38
Poser Truck

If I supercharge it down the line, I'll probably pick up a TRD emblem for the bottom right (facing it) corner. Other than that, no, I prefer the clean front. Should look really slick once the BHLM gets done.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #40
Poser Truck

Thanks OZ. Always a work in progress...as you can see from the list. I just try to knock off a mod every month or two...

Products Discussed in this Thread