Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

It Begins: Miss Blue

Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #41
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If I supercharge it down the line, I'll probably pick up a TRD emblem for the bottom right (facing it) corner. Other than that, no, I prefer the clean front. Should look really slick once the BHLM gets done.
Yeah once that thing gets BHLModded, that truck will look sick. Almost like what lrgrnr's truck looks like... If you don't have the time or equipment, you should check here where Lentsnh is doing a BHLM service. They only negative is I believe you'll be without headlights for a few days.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #42
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I can handle the BHLM, it's just a matter of finding the time. I want to let that paint cure fully overnight so it doesn't haze the lenses up at all before I reassemble. That means I need to somehow find a weekend when I have both days with nothing planned. Those are really frickin' rare.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #43
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tint. See OP.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #44
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is random and from the orignial post but in the state of North Carolina you can legally have 35% percent tint on front windows. Not sure who told you no tint aloud.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I know this is random and from the orignial post but in the state of North Carolina you can legally have 35% percent tint on front windows. Not sure who told you no tint aloud.
No one did. Go back and read. It's illegal to tint the windshield.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #46
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Who the fuck tints a windshield? An Asian blindfolded with dental floss would have an easier time looking out the front of the vehicle.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Who the fuck tints a windshield? An Asian blindfolded with dental floss would have an easier time looking out the front of the vehicle.
Beats me. I didn't. The tint really wouldn't affect visibility much at all though and would definitely improve the aesthetics along with keepin' it cooler during the hot/sunny days.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #49

BHLM today, and tightened up the OP. Was getting shit-crazy long and a bitch to edit.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #51

Did it over two days. Tore everything down, cooked the lights, painted 'em yesterday, let the paint cure overnight (~15 hours) to avoid hazing the lenses.

Reassembled today, took about 2 hours to get everything back together, buttoned back up in the truck, and check to ensure everything was working properly.

Total time actually working on the mod, probably around 4 hours, paint drying time excluded.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
So what you did with the turn lights and the parking lights was to just take off the lenses that were in front of them? Do the lights still show up pretty well?
Yeah, you just pop the lenses out...they are attached with little tabs, so a flathead screwdriver gets it done in 30 seconds or less.

The lights all still show up well, but it's definitely visible as a bulb rather than a square of plastic lighting up. Personally, I like it, because it brings to mind an LED-type appearance.

Also, check your PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #55

Bump for Lift/UCAs/Tires install.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #56

Old 10-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Very nice! Just brought it to a whole new level. What rims are those?

First gen Tundra/Sequoia 10-spokes. 17 inch. Same lug pattern, 5" backspacing, +18mm offset. Helps tire fitment a lot with the larger units, although I hear 4.5" backspacing with 0mm offset is supposed to be best...but I traded for 'em and got em basically for free, so I'll take 'em. Plus I like the look.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #60
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!
The truck Looks great