Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ty's taco Build

Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ty's taco Build

First off, thanks to everyone on here for the tips and help. This is a work in progress and I still have a long way to go to finish it but here is what I got so far. Tell me what you think.

Just added the Bushwhackers to help out with throwing debris down the side and messing up the paint.

Devil horn for now but I'm going to do an upper and lower Satoshi after I install the super charger in Dec.

I cleaned off the "LEER" logo off the back. I think it looks a lot cleaner now. I'm also thinking about debadging the back except for the "tacoma" since it's silver and want a little contrast then solid black.

This is a poor pic of my W/O the TRD is in red not pink

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want hood struts, they make working on these things so much easier.

A closer look at my custom CAI. I'll redo the TRD logo on my CAI box again but it'll work for now.

The paint on my engine cover is Krylon for plastic Black textured shimmer. I put it on first for texture then the metalic silver on the logos and the charcoal stripe last. The screws that hold it on were painted with OEM touch up paint. The Krylon black looks close to the sand pearl in the sunlight and you can see some of the flake in this pic.

Thanks for looking at my pics.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking truck, great pics
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma looks great man!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Thanks guys.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #5

I forgot to add that I've only had the truck since the end of Feb so the big mods are to come. I'm getting the Doug Thorley long tubes URD y pipe and O2 sim next month and then will be saving my pennies for the supercharger around Dec. That'll be my christmas present.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
those bushwackers are so sick!!!! how did they fit and how much were they?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
fap fap fap fap fap.......hey man, i'd love to see your taco in person. make sure you make it to the next alabama get together. you truck looks great.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
very nice
Old 07-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
devil01 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
devil01's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man, like all the detail work.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #10

Quote:
fap fap fap fap fap.......hey man, i'd love to see your taco in person. make sure you make it to the next alabama get together. you truck looks great.
Thanks guys, I've gotten a lot of help from everyone, Life I plan to make the next one just tell me when and I'm there. Make sure to bring that boxer and I'll bring my boys.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
those bushwackers are so sick!!!! how did they fit and how much were they?
I got them of ebay for $400 and then had them painted before I installed them. There easy to install. I also have the OEM flares and mudflaps if anyone wants them.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #12

Also about the bushwhackers, make sure you have an orbital polisher when you change out the flares so you can polish the line where the old flares were. You can do it by hand but I like to compound then use med and then light polish then seal with a good wax.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #13

Hey, Paul I may need your help in the spring building my satoshi. You got it down on yours so I could use the help.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no prob. Just let me know when.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #15

I'm wanting to do the recess on the upper and lower so mine can be the Gennie pig for the lower mod and thanks.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #16

I feel the lower will be just as easy.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Thats an awesome looking truck I like the bushwhackers and the shell looks clean!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #18
tydhal is on a distinguished road
tydhal's Tacoma Gallery
where did you get the clear cover for the cai
Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Thats an awesome looking truck I like the bushwhackers and the shell looks clean!
Thanks, I had to debadge the bigass "LEER" of the back of the cap but it turned out well and I've actually grown fond of the leer badges on the sides. I'm thinking of debadging the tail gait except for the "Tacoma" but not sure how that would look.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #20

Quote:
where did you get the clear cover for the cai
Ancient Chinese secret

Actually there is a guy on the xrunner site that builds them. Don't tell because we don't want everyone running around with one.